WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Terri shared your poem with my friends on Facebook. Loved it.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Hhhh
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip,

I have never understood the rationale of making patients wait until an office visit for important test results they are anxiously awaiting. It makes absolutely no sense, and I am sorry you are subject to this.

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Terri— Thank You! I copied every word to share with friends and family. 🍀🍀🍀🍀

🍀 Katla in NW Oregon 🍀
    (Where MANY are Temporary Irish on this important day,)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Well, I’m back in NC. Now to get the pool opened!!!! As you can guess, no exercise yesterday, today and I’m not planning any tomorrow. Worked today and will work tomorrow then the soup kitchen then I think I need to go get dry ice to send some pierogi to Jess.

SueWA – welcome back!

Barbara – the post office will only hold your mail for 30 days. After that it has to be forwarded, and I’ve heard too many horror stories about it being forwarded. As far as moving there – I just hate the humidity. I love being there, but it’s also good to be home. I love my pool here (as you know) and don’t know if I’d want to give that up. Honestly, Vince doesn’t do a whole lot when he’s down in FL. He fixes things (he says he doesn’t like it, but I suspect he does) and he watches a lot of Criminal Minds and listens to music. See, I’m the one who has to be out and about, with people. He finds it relaxing to just sit around. So glad you don’t have any clots

Katla – so glad your daughter is coming to help some

While I was in FL I took some Tylenol for that pain in my upper leg. It relieved it some, but not totally. Now I’m trying Voltaren. Next, ibuprofen if the Voltaren doesn’t eliminate the uncomfortableness

Was totally exhausted last night. Normally, the drive from FL to NC is 10 hours. Yesterday it took about 14, and 12 of those were in rain and then the subsequent traffic jams

Worked today, stopped at the Post Office but they were going to deliver the mail, went to CVS for a prescription, then the church to pick up donations for the soup kitchen tomorrow, then Aldi, trying to get food back in the house.

Barbie – hope the med helps Jake

We think my Wii has bitten the dust. Vince is trying one more thing he read on Google, and if that doesn’t work, I don’t know if I’m going to get another, gotta see. I used to do a lot of the games on it, but I haven't lately. I seem to use it mainly for the weigh in, but the scale can suffice.

Heather – I know you didn’t mean it, but thanks for the reminder that I wanted to take another fry pan down to FL next time we go. All that MIL had was nonstick Tfal, and I don’t like Tfal. Gotta look at my list of things to bring down there, too. Do you know that she didn’t have a potato masher, either? I went to mash bananas, and there was no masher. I guess she just used the mixer when she made mashed potatoes (no, she probably used the instant potatoes...oh well)

Luanne – welcome! My cousin lives in Broadway. Beautiful country. Hiking and bike riding should be no problem in the Valley. We usually post here what exercise we did, many of us have our diaries open for anyone to see. I’ve gotten turned on to sourdough and now have a hard time stopping.

Hey, the Bradford Pear trees are in bloom!!!! Do you know that I’m wearing shorts today? And surprise, surprise, Vince isn’t

Rita – good luck on the boob squeeze. You go girl!

Allie – glad you got your phone back.

Charlene – I prefer to use my notes. When I’ve had to respond by using my phone or tablet, what I would do is jot down what I wanted to say then find a post where someone posted just an emoji and respond to that writing what I had written down. Did I sufficiently confuse you???? I just find that to me it’s hard when someone answers part of the post but you’re not sure what part they’re referring to. You’ll find that I like to go to thrift stores like the Salvation Army. But I have a real hard time finding pants to fit me. I need a petite or short. Usually, it’s always the regular sizes.

Tracey – yea for your daughter. You gave her some wonderful advice.

Lisa – if one of our cats brought in a snake, you’d hear me screaming from NC

Michele NC who can’t wait to get the pool opened
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Q
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)<3Katla, glad to hear that you are getting some answers from the doctor for your husband.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,809 Member
    Options
    Katla - Happy to read that you were able get DH to the doctor and he had a successful visit. Hopefully his health improves some now.

Heather - I wake up with thoughts in my head that I need to do something about too at times. Lately it has been stocking designs or work crap.

Ginny - I quit smoking in 2009. I was afraid of gaining weight. I actually lost quite a bit, but I ate sunflower seeds like mad. They kept my mouth and hands occupied.

Lisa - I remember cats that brought presents when I was growing up. I think you were more collected that I would have been with a snake in my house.

Thanks for sharing your story. Crafting keeps me occupied. My problem is mindless eating in the evening when I’m bored.

Terri - Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Pip - I would be frustrated too. The unknown is often tougher to deal with than anything.

Had a good day at work. The restrictions were lifted and the residents were allowed to have live music today for the first time in 2 years. It was wonderful to see them enjoy it. There were a lot of tears of happiness.

Ceramics tonight, almost finished the project for my daughter.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Barbie - Thank you. We have our daughter here for support, a genuine gift for us. She brought her work with her and has been working hard all day, including making dinner. I think cooking gave her an opportunity to take a break from work for a little while. Tomorrow we are going to see a nurse at the clinic. She is going to get some testing done as I understand it. DH is not sure what that will be and is not comfortable. I hope he will do what is needed.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    I'm up with the sunrise. :)
    The front bedroom, which I use as a guest bedroom and early morning study, faces east. Beautiful. At the moment, two pigeons are sitting on the tree outside the window, eating some of the riot of blossoms that have broken out.
    This tree is on the pavement and, last weekend, DH weeded the patch of earth around the base and sowed the wildflower 'seed bombs' I bought him for Christmas. The council have not been spraying weedkiller on the pavements for the last two years, so it is possible to grow things in these precious patches of earth. Some roads have made huge efforts! I hope we will start a trend in our road.
    It does mean that the streets look, in high summer, as if we are living in an abandoned ghost town, with tall weeds growing through the cracks, but it is worth not spraying for the wildlife. :D The council is meant to come round and weed manually, but it is an impossible task. Some community minded people do weed their patch of pavement in front of their houses. I did persuade DH to do ours, eventually. Then we could feel superior as we walked the streets, noting who was lazy and who was not. :laugh: It's a good game!

G got home late as her train was delayed because of a 'person hit by a train'. She eventually caught a very overcrowded one and had to change. Luckily her rug delivery was cancelled.

The sun is shining very brightly. It must be a day for a run!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, steps >7400,
    Bonus: 1 load laundry, veg prep, massage, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, recycling. Just one thing: bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 142.0, H20x5, active 5:35
    Mindful March
    17: Look around and spot 3 things you find unusual and pleasant.
    18: If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.

Rita, atta gal!
    Debbie agree about the thin slices, but instead of cooking the night before, I press between plates while cooking the potatoes and cabbage, then use an electric carving knife ;).
    Pip waiting stinks. ((hugs))
    Rebecca that windmill is amazing!
    Michele sorry to hear about your wii. They just don’t make ‘em like that any more. :cry:
    Katla ((hugs)) Hope your DH is amenable to whatever testing will be offered, and that results will point to some remdies.
    Heather love your “wildflower seed bomb” gifts to Johnny.

Knee gave out while shopping at Freddie’s despite the brace. Cancelled tomorrow’s girls’ road/shopping trip. Will baby the knee along ‘til Monday afternoon’s appointment.

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options
    ☘️