WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Charlene-thanks for encouragement. I had orthotics years ago-feet felt better, stopped using. Am hopeful for relatively easy fix.

Tracey-congratulations on DD raise and promotion. I totally understand the two conversations you had (manager and mom!)

BBCode-wouldn't know how to go about it-usually start posts in word.

Daily tracking is a must for me. Even if it is not 100%, it is my reminder and does help keep things in check. The same with daily weigh in. While quit smoking and holidays is coming off slowly, it is moving. I have not added every bite of the non-smoking munchies but I have a fair idea!

Need to stretch before work. Driving to another county for a meeting this am, back for a pm meeting at my office, then off to work food pantry at the church. Supposed to be a beautiful day!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    So busy this week!!

Last couple nights I've had about 6 hours of sleep because I've been that busy with work and personal stuff. Lots of meetings and tight deadlines. It's almost 10 pm and I think I've got most things ready for 2 important meetings tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get a little bit more sleep tonight. And I'm looking forward to the weekend!

I did get out for a quick 45 minute walk in the middle of the day today. It was just too nice to stay in and I needed to get the blood flowing.

frjebors3d0a.png

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    £
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    1poc82x2tr7w.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Gggrrrrrr….. I don’t have time for this c**p

Crap?

Yep!!! I was just venting about problems I was having with MFP lol

They’ve been ‘improving’ the site again, and I kept getting kicked out every time I posted, then having to log in again.

Nothing to do with anyone in our group.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I had to make my St Patrick Day greeting my profile pic as it wouldn’t post 😂 Needs must!

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    May Music fill your heart
    May luck bring you cheer
    May God’s brightest blessings
    Shine on you all year

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Charlene: I found goodwill was a godsend as I lost weight. We have one with quite good quality stock nearby. I would buy each new smaller size as I moved down and donate the bigger sizes at the same time.

☘️ Terri
    #drowningmyshamrock
    #fulloftheouleblarney
  • Luannelizabeth
    Luannelizabeth Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @ginnytez and @cattherien I had chronic plantar fasciitis for many years after running a marathon in 1989. A sports orthopedist made special inserts for my shoes. I had physical therapy. I rested. I bought orthopedic shoes. I taped my feet. Everything helped a little bit for awhile, but it kept coming back.

Then someone recommended the Trigger Point Therapy Workbook. I found my problem in there, found out that plantar fasciitis is referred pain, did the massages faithfully. That was around 15 years ago and I have not had a problem since!

https://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point-Therapy-Workbook-Self-Treatment/dp/1608824942/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2VSUUGFFCVMVE&keywords=trigger+point+therapy+workbook&qid=1647530104&s=books&sprefix=trigger+point+therap,stripbooks,128&sr=1-1
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    6u9xe2r49855.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Katla - Glad to hear that the clinic was able to help. Takeout sounds great! :D

Had a very nice lunch with G. I had a calorie friendly time of it. Three oysters and three small scallops. One medium glass of white wine. Espresso coffee.
    G went to Habitat afterwards and bought a sofa and a rug. She is really quite crazy. Then she went off for an exorbitantly expensive haircut. Oh well. Her son sends her money for her birthday once a year, so she is in a hurry to spend it. I can’t talk, with my hugely expensive cruises! :p

The sun is shining! Spring!

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Allie--Glad someone honest found your phone and turned it in. There are more honest people out in the world then we realize.

Cheryl--Beautiful day for a ride, thanks for sharing, Beautiful horse.

Rainy day here and God knows we need it. So far not much, but lots of clouds moving in. I am working late today.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Terri- Goodwill/ thrift shops: yes, I do the same with sizing down, so much cheaper for temporary sizing. Though this time I'm keeping my larger sized clothes, because giving them away last time resulted in 3 things: A, I gave away really cute clothes. B, giving away the larger sizes wasn't enough of a deterrent for me from regaining the weight. C, I had to reinvest money in practically a new wardrobe every time I went up a couple sizes.

All that being said though, I prefer to reward myself with clothes than food when I have a success. So there's that.

Luanne - wow thanks for sharing about your feet and the book listing.

RVRita -way to go in those coping skills! You dealt with frustration and unmet expectations really well. HUZZAH!

Jane- great job on your lunch choices, sounds delish.

Today: Home from work, had some lunch, I need to go out and do yard cleanup. I definitely don't wanna. Ugh. Sticks and leaves aren't nearly as much fun as seeds, bulbs and flower 6-packs. But, if I do the former, tonight I'll go to the home improvement store and reward myself with the latter. Beautiful spring day in Central Illinois, 70 degrees today. But rain tomorrow, up to half an inch, and those leaves will make a big mess if I don't get them up. Plus we're likely to have one or two snows before spring is fully engaged.

Charlene in Peoria, IL
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Drive the hour for the mamo and found 2 problems when I got there. They had changed my appointment from 11:30 to 1 pm and they didn’t have the order! So called the ordering doc and god the order faxed. But still had to wait.

I was good and am proud of myself! Found a park nearby and walked for half-hour then went to Wendy’s and had a salad. I still made it back to hospital just in time for appointment. Didn’t go shopping or simply play on phone. I was pleased with my choices. Calories under again today. That’s 2 in a row. On a roll!

RvRita

Great choices/job RITA!!!
    Hope your tests come out clear and nothing to worry about there.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well i slept in this morning, Tracy had to take Carmine to and from School today..today is Carmines 14th birthday.. i will be taking them down to guitar lessons and then will take them to McDonald's for a birtjday meal and ordered from Dairy Queen an Ice Cream Cupcake...found out they made those and thought that was pretty neat..
    The trees are starting to bud and my allergies are just going to town.. all i can really use is flonase.. and i have to get some more..im sneezing to beat the band..
    Doris and i went out this afternoon to a chinese buffet.. i only had a few small things and a diet soda.. but just to get together was great.. we plan on taking another trip to the Cape this year again since we had so much fun last yr..
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Pip - waiting is so hard!!!