Women 200lb+, Let's Be Majestic This March!!!

Options

Replies

• justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    welcome @Amti57, you my dear are in the right place! Nice to meet you!
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Maybe you always want salty things while you're watching TV.

Reasons I cannot watch Narcos, or listen to any nice Salsa music anywhere: Tortilla chips and salsa!

• kramereh
    kramereh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Liz and I’m 37/ 5’8”, married with 2 kids. Mileena is 6 and Jax will be 4 this month. They keep me busy that’s for sure. I’m ultimately trying to be healthier for me and my family BUT my brother is getting married in October and I’m in the wedding. We tried on dresses a couple Sundays ago and that jump started this. It was embarrassing and I felt so down on myself. I’ve been using that as motivation to keep going strong.

Goals:
    🍀 10k steps each day
    🍀 track my food honestly and consistently
    🍀 workout on elliptical 3-4 times per week
    🍀 alcohol once per week
    🍀 8-10 lb loss

SW: 216.4 (2/21/22) - well a restart weight
    Feb ⬇️ 6.4

Mar 1: 210
    Mar 5: 206.6 - I had a great week and am hoping I can keep going strong!!
    Mar 12: 204.8- not exactly what I wanted but at least it’s a loss. I’m going out for March madness this week and hoping I can maintain. It’s always dangerous having cheat days .. always the fear is not getting back on it!
    Mar: 19- 201.6 happy for that whoosh!
    Mar 26
    Mar 31:

@CupcakeCrusoe I know you are right but I was being greedy and wanted a lower number! 😂😂 love the pics and inspiration!!

@kenziestabes I try to wash my hair every day but my hair is super fine and oily so I look like a grease ball who doesn’t shower ever if I don’t every day. 😂
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Age 50, 5'6"
    Starting weight: 223.5 (1/1/22)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160

1/1 223.5
    1/8 222.4
    1/15 221.2
    1/22 219.9
    1/29 219.4
    Jan. loss: 4.1

2/4 218.9
    2/13 217.5
    2/20 216.1
    2/27 Out of town
    Feb. loss: 3.3

3/6 216.2
    3/13 215.3
    3/20 214.8
    3/27
    March loss:
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ladies I so dropped off here this month but that involved getting a job! So yeah to that. I thought it might take a couple of months but the universe conspired and I start tomorrow. The search did hit me stress-wise and I fell back on food. I'm also still wrapping my head around getting back into the workplace after a long break due to being out of work because of bullying, so working through some things on that.

So I'm up a couple of lbs up on my loss from last month BUT I finally started using my tens machine consistently and it's a game-changer. I had been missing out on activity so much, and struggling due to pain. While I still have some discomfort, the tens is helping me to manage the higher-level pain and to keep moving. I've also kayaked so much this month and the weather is getting better and better here. And I decided to try a little jogging. I'm pretty unfit so I did four little jogs in my walk yesterday and plan on doing that three times per week and see how I go. It felt great, I had to push myself a little on the fourth go, which I decided was a good place to end it, I'm far too prone to injury and I want to be able to maintain consistency. My partner kept me company and enjoyed it, he's a good bit fitter than me but said it helped him to have company out there.

The plan this week is to ease into my new job and continue to move, stretch, and tens. I'll log my weight during the week too.

Now to go look at the sea and decide if I'll dip?! I haven't been in since last Oct, will report back.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    13/03: 269.6
    19/03: 262.8
    21/03: 262

Total loss: 7.6lbs

Eating has been good, drinking plenty of water too. Thinking of starting hello fresh again but I would need low fat meals because of my Orlistat diet pills so will look at their recipes
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

It's just another manic Monday. Forgot my pedometer at home :scream: And my knitting! :scream::scream: Oh well, I guess that means I'm walking on my lunch break, with no idea about my steps. :pensive:

In other news, weight is back down a little, now that TOM has gotten underway. And my overages for this weekend in calories only put me 245 calories over my MFP target for the week, which is itself set for a 500 cal/day deficit.
    te0s74h6ymez.png

So my overages didn't even get me out of a deficit for one day out of the week. I didn't want to log all the ways I went over, but it's not like not logging it would have made it go away. And now I have the data. It seems like logging through any "conscious noncompliance," as Superior Fat Loss would put it, is working out for me.

I'm considering doing some calorie cycling- lowering my calories Monday-Thursday by 50-100/day so that I can use the extra on the weekend Friday-Sunday. I'll stick with the current plan for another week or two to get more data about what my actual deficit is right now for what result, and crunch some numbers about it then.

I did a lot of furniture moving yesterday, and I'm feeling it today, but also feeling that good muscle soreness, not the bad kind. Working out is paying off.
    3x4m7yrplz9d.jpg

Tag party!
    @kramereh Nice! Onederland is in sight!
    @osier5 good progress!
    @porquenoirl Best of luck with the new job! I know how hectic that can be. And it's always nice to have a workout partner.
    @roz0810 well done. I liked blue apron when I got it, but I wasn't paying attention to fat counts at all.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

weight.png

• bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @roz0810 hello fresh is so nice! I wish I could do it again.

@CupcakeCrusoe can you download a free pedometer app even just for today so you know what you did? And that’s great about your calorie deficit and a great idea if you choose to cut a bit during the week so you have a bit more over the weekend.
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    March goals: I want to get better at reaching my protein, continue eating less sugar, continue taking steps to improve my mental health. Make it to my appointments. Also, start exercising again (carefully). I’d like to lose 4-10 pounds for the month.

2/28/22: 284.2
    GW for March: 280
    3/7/22: 282.6 (-1.6)
    3/14/22: 280.8 (-1.8)
    3/21/22: 278.4 (-2.4)
    Total for March= 5.8lbs

Weekly update:

Still haven’t done what I need to for finding a therapist 😕😖

I’ve been having a flare up of hip pain (where I have arthritis) and so I haven’t been able to exercise for most of the past week and have been dealing with bad anxiety and some depression due to it.

My blood pressure has been pretty normal all this past week. Taking my blood pressure has caused me more joint pain (other joint issues) with my hands and arms. It’s very difficult to get the cuff on in the right place each time.

I’m trying to remain positive though. The great news is that I’ve been doing pretty well with my calories, protein, fiber, drinking water, etc. each day. Sodium has still been higher than it should except for maybe two days.

This week is spring break for my nephews. The oldest is supposed to go to work with my brother some of the days which should help a lot. He’s with him today but time will tell if he continues to choose to go with him.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    SW (7/23): 300
    2/28: 254.6
    3/7: 253.2
    3/14: 251.7
    3/21: 250.8
    3/28:

March GW: in the 240s. Hopefully that's doable now that I seem to have jumped over my plateau and dealt with all the stuff February threw at me.

🍀 March Goals🍀

🍀 Keep the house tidy
    🍀 Meal plan and prep
    🍀 Make smart choices when eating out
    🍀 Be a more active participant in this thread

Well the best laid plans....was able to get a mani, a workout, and a birthday dinner in on Saturday. My Saturday workout was amazing! Orangetheory does a "dry triathalon" twice a year - exercises on the rower, body weight exercises, and a run on the treadmill. I did the sprint version and had my fave coaches there to cheer me on! Beat my goal time by 4 minutes.

Unfortunately, the pooch got really sick Saturday night and I spent most of yesterday making sure she was ok. She's now doing a lot better and is holding down her water, her rice, and a little kibble, so I'm super relieved.

I was admittedly very paranoid because my previous dog got very sick very suddenly and it was devastating. My pup is my covid baby and my best little friend, so the anxiety really got to me. Happy to see a loss this week, even if I'm up from a lower weight I saw earlier in the week. I might still hit my goal of the 240s this month! Which would mean 50 pounds gone!