Serious about losing 50lbs in 2022

VickiSLaw
VickiSLaw Posts: 27 Member
I'm looking to put together a group/ challenge for people who want to lose 50 lbs by January 1, 2023 and get fit physically and mentally while losing.

I want to get serious, so I'm looking for serious participants.

We could brainstorm all of this, these are my ideas:

*work together to come up with some weekly challenges/goals that include:
-tracking
-CICO (calories in, calories out), fitness,
-weighing in,
-spirit (meditation, journaling, tarot or whatever works for you),
-accountability (posting regularly), and
-support (acknowledging and talking to each other).

*Maybe we could take turns each week setting the goals for that week. And maybe we take turns tracking everyone's progress. So 2 volunteers each week.

*Will there be consequences for not showing up to post or taking your turn at volunteering?

Replies

• MilwJul
    MilwJul Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in Vicki! This kind of focus is exactly what I need!
  • snigbo
    snigbo Posts: 1 Member
    i could dig this. my biggest issue is i'm only accountable to myself...and work gets in the way. boo. how do we join?
  • oquagagirl53
    oquagagirl53 Posts: 1 Member
    I would be interested.
  • NatoshaBoyd
    NatoshaBoyd Posts: 1 Member
    I would be interested
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Just chiming in to say this is a totally achievable goal - I am within a few pounds and a few weeks of achieving it having started last April. There are a lot of threads on the discussion boards already, but having looked at them for a little while (I actually lost most of the weight on my own and just joined recently to lose the toughest last lbs and then maintain) the ones that hold my interest are ones where there are at least a few enthusiastic posters who come back regularly and post not just boring statistics about themselves, but share what is going on and encourage each other.

I think it might be helpful to keep conversations and useful advice coming to sometimes put out a request to the discussion boards more broadly like you’ve done here and get advice from some folks who have been on for a long time, have lost weight and are maintaining, or are great at something like exercise or knowledgable or interested in other specific issues to weigh in. I find myself scrolling through the boards looking for posts from people who seem to post useful and interesting info no matter what discussion they pop up in. You will get to know the screen names of people whose posts you can relate to pretty quickly,

Good luck to you all and congratulations for making the decision to do this! Come back tomorrow and tell each other what happened, how you feel, what the weather is like, what you did to exercise, what new recipe you tried, how cute your pets or kids or grandkids are, etc.
  • keimorgan11
    keimorgan11 Posts: 1 Member
    I would be interested :)
  • rhonda1960
    rhonda1960 Posts: 58 Member
    I would be interested in your group. Every time I quit logging I gain right back where I started. Thank you.
  • khfear
    khfear Posts: 1 Member
    I'm interested. How do we participate?
  • suefitnessaccount
    suefitnessaccount Posts: 37 Member
    Yes please.
  • vvJessicavv
    vvJessicavv Posts: 13 Member
    I would love to be included. Let me know what the plan is
  • rhondamik
    rhondamik Posts: 21 Member
    I’m back to MFP after losing and gaining several times. I’d like to be included in this!!
  • hunterjasha
    hunterjasha Posts: 67 Member
    Trying to drop 80 pounds this year so I'm definitely Interested
  • Findingme724
    Findingme724 Posts: 11 Member
    I’m definitely interested! How do we join??
  • lodilas
    lodilas Posts: 7 Member
    Yes, let's do it!
  • kittensden72
    kittensden72 Posts: 30 Member
    I would be interested to see if a group like this can push me out of my ditch! I'm stuck! I go 2 lbs down then 2 lbs back up. Over and over. So, I'm curious to see if a different mindset like a group setting with challenges would help me out of the rut. So, yeah. I'm in too.
  • rhondamik
    rhondamik Posts: 21 Member
    I’m very interested!!
  • ConnieDoty
    ConnieDoty Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in! :)
  • michael011jms
    michael011jms Posts: 2 Member
    Hi every one I’m new here thank you for your reception. Special thanks to vikiSlaw I would love to be part of the group most importantly is the reason while I join MFP
  • kerrylin3
    kerrylin3 Posts: 1 Member
    I would like to join!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    I would be interested in joining! I need some motivation/accountability in my life.