Why are so many people against juicing?

Options
12346»

Replies

• jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    The reports I have read say that juicing raises blood sugar levels b/c you're only consuming the sugary substance in fruits and none of the fiberous content. Plus, Spark People recently did an article on it that showed there is no macronutrient or micronutrient benefit to juicing versus eating the whole fruit/veggie.
  • Danielle_Style
    Danielle_Style Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if somebody already mentioned this....it's a long topic. But I read somewhere that chewing actually triggers satiety signals to the brain...regardless of the amount of calories burned. This is why dietitians have been telling people to eat more slowly for eons.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Quite simply...

Each to their own but certainly NOT for me.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    The reports I have read say that juicing raises blood sugar levels b/c you're only consuming the sugary substance in fruits and none of the fiberous content. Plus, Spark People recently did an article on it that showed there is no macronutrient or micronutrient benefit to juicing versus eating the whole fruit/veggie.

Do you have a link by any chance? I'm interested. Or the google search for name of article? Thank you.