Have a Health & Nutrition Question? Ask the RD!

Options

Replies

• Stervit
    Stervit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Probiotics - how do you determine the right amount to take? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
  • ashschroer
    ashschroer Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    How many calories should I be taking in per day if I want to lose weight but am currently nursing? I have gotten down to my pre pregnancy weight with nursing alone and eating my typical diet (pretty balanced with a few sweets here and there) but was slightly overweight before I became pregnant. Any advice or suggestions for nursing mamas?
  • gale855
    gale855 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Question for the RD - is taking Collagen supplements a hype or beneficial? Thank you.
  • KarmaKamen
    KarmaKamen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    How can I tell if I am mineral deficient? (Potassium, magnesium, zinc, calcium etc.) My multi vitamin doesn't have any of these, and I'm trying to lose weight (fat) and regain muscle. Should I supplement?
  • oatmeal_ted
    oatmeal_ted Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am trying to become a better runner, is there a way to lose weight without temporarily sacrificing athletic performance? How do I make sure I don't lose muscle mass, yet still get enough carbs to fuel my workouts? Any tips for when you feel low energy while dieting? (I am on the most moderate program on MFP of -0.5 lbs a week)
  • yolib149
    yolib149 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Confused! Not sure which I should do - low carb - high protein? I'm 57 and in menopause
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am a wheat-free and 90% vegetarian. I don’t love meat or fish although I eat them occasionally.
    So I struggle to get enough protein. Suggestions?
  • merchantkosha
    merchantkosha Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi
    I lost 20 pounds after my menopause. My weight have plateau, how can I lose 10 pounds. I workout everyday eat low carb diet. Please help.
    Thank you,
    Kosha
  • mnavarro1028
    mnavarro1028 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you recommend exercising on an empty stomach for someone trying to lose weight?
  • GTeamMom
    GTeamMom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on cholesterol meds and try to watch the saturated fat in my food. On certain foods, I have the choice between low-fat and low-sugar. Which is better? I know low-fat can have high sugar and vice versa. Any insights would be helpful.
  • RaniH2022
    RaniH2022 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a 50-year-old man with a BMI over 30 but also "significant muscle build" (doctor's depiction 😉). I play semi-competitive tennis 2-3 times a week, coach a few hours, do yoga etc. Still, my hips are taking the toll of the weight and I want it down. After a strong start, I haven't been able to lose any weight in several months despite being 1000 kcal under target most days. Any advice on what to eat? I have several allergies (nuts, many raw fruit and vegetables) and avoid red meat. Thank you!
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My co worker says her nutritionist won't let her buy 'grocery store' multi vitamins and she's to go to the health food store. The cost are way over double/triple and seem to have the same contents. What is the difference? Are health food store vitamins a better quality? What goes into a vitamin to make it a poor or better quality?
  • lauradclark18
    lauradclark18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds and have not been able to lose any pounds in 3 months…I’ve kept my exercise and nutrition the same, but nothing is happening…any recommendations on how to drop the last 10 pounds?
  • lensalas77
    lensalas77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why is quinoa and brown rice better for you when in comparison to white rice. They have the same calorie count.
  • aekb20
    aekb20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies but had to move to a mostly vegan diet with very limited dairy and some eggs for the protein. I’m allergic to almonds spinach vanilla(!!) and peas- common ingredients in protein powders. Is there a protein powder you can recommend for me? I also add it to my baking for an extra protein boost.
    Also post menopausal and can’t get rid of the belly fat! Any advice?
  • marlitz
    marlitz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Question about food measuring. As an example, 1 cup measurement of a dry cereal. If the cereal is “big,” like frosted mini wheats, versus small pieces like rice crispies, there will be less cereal in the measuring cup and more air for the frosted mini wheats. Another example would be couscous versus ziti. Does nutrition information already account for that? should I be smashing those frosted mini wheats into the measuring cup?? Tnks
  • cjg74yhf28
    cjg74yhf28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it healthier to eat 3 meals a day, and nothing in between i.e. intermittent fasting. Or to eat smaller meals with healthy snacks in between? Which is better for weight loss?
  • insanitymax
    insanitymax Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do I know What macros to eat?
  • patiencemorgan
    patiencemorgan Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I have recently been diagnosed with gastritis. Huge diet change. Could you give me a list of foods allowed and not allowed please? This is so confusing. Thank you.
  • kitzst85
    kitzst85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Struggling to find healthy options that I can eat while I'm driving.. I am a gravel truck driver, I dont have time to stop and eat a whole balanced meal for lunch let alone pack one in my lunch.. a person can only eat so many sandwiches and carrot sticks.. I recently noticed I now weigh just over 300lbs..
This discussion has been closed.