Less Alcohol ~ APRIL 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    As much as I had been enjoying my H00 I think it really bloats me. It could be my GB issue. So for now I will only be having one of those at a time as well.
    It is always somethings isn't 😂?

AF April 19/19
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    @MissMay
    Too early yet for any major gardening, we also had some snow flurries. Everything is still covered and will be until ready to till and plant.
    My bearded irisis and tulips have been up for awhile, and some sunflowers.
    I imagine that the end of April will see me beginning to uncover stuff.

I am very excited about your trip to Las Vegas. When do you leave?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My usual goal, 16-20AF days for the month. Diary style.
    I had 21AF days for March, but it was a longer month.
    My reason for drinking less is for weight loss.

Friday April 15 - Had half of my small bottle of Prosecco (one flute) and then a couple of drinks a few hours later. I may have the rest of the Proscecco with some cheese on Saturday.
    Saturday April 16 - AF (seem to have lost that post?) The Prosecco is capped in the fridge
    Sunday April 17 - AF - Heading into 3 split shifts, so didn't want any lack of energy
    Monday April 18 - AF - No plans for drinks until Thursday before, during, and/or after the theatre.
    Tuesday April 19 - 2 drinks. Not planned.

Rolling total: 12AF day out of 19 days.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    @MissMay what concert are you attending? Have a great time in Vegas!

AF again tonight. I had one half sip of my husband’s Manhattan, and I didn’t even enjoy it, which I am taking as a good sign!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Late in posting but I've had a pretty good week. As usual, working long hours but I am liking it for a change. Got in a solid good long run early because I did not drink wine last night. Another great reason to reduce or stop drinking - it inhibits progress in life, my opinion.

Oh wow, @Womona if you find the secret of de-bloating, please tell me. I am researching away!

@MissMay, if you gamble in Vegas, sending you luck from afar....you absolutely deserve a good big win :). And we want to hear about those fancy mocktails too.
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @MissMay have a wonderful trip! Enjoy the concert and everything else. We'll all be here when you get back!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Womona

Our @MissMay is going to see Lady Gaga!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Friday April 15 - Had half of my small bottle of Prosecco (one flute) and then a couple of drinks a few hours later. I may have the rest of the Proscecco with some cheese on Saturday.
    Saturday April 16 - AF (seem to have lost that post?) The Prosecco is capped in the fridge
    Sunday April 17 - AF - Heading into 3 split shifts, so didn't want any lack of energy
    Monday April 18 - AF - No plans for drinks until Thursday before, during, and/or after the theatre.
    Wednesday April 20- AF] - Very excited about the theatre tonight. I will post the promo video.

Rolling total: 13AF day out of 20 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @lmlmrn

I sprout in the winters in jars. Not to bring to term, I just eat the sprouts. Very delicious.

This was a new variety for me this year, Fenugreek, which the chefs at the restaurant use in Masala (not in sprouted form).
    I may try a few seeds in the garden this summer and see them come to full leaf.

tkyc2sz344ez.png
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Wednesday April 20- AF - Very excited about the theatre tonight. I will post the promo video.
    Thursday April 21 - 2 drinks. Really great show, I expected the gymnastics, but didn't expect all of the comedy that they infused. It took me out of my head for awhile. Meeting with HR on Friday to see if I can get a resolution to my work stress. If not I will give my notice. I may have drinks on Friday, but not on Saturday since I am scheduled to work a split shift on Sunday.

Rolling total: 13AF day out of 21 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Friday April 22 - 2 drinks - HR to the rescue, my work issues solved : - ) Planned AF for Saturday, split shift on my usual day off, Sunday, so I need all of my energy. 1 day off is not enough for me, but this will be the last time for that.

Rolling total: 13AF day out of 22 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Womona

Barely Methodical Troupe is the name of the company that is currently touring "Bromance".
    The troupe is UK based, but the performers of this particular show sounded Australian or Kiwi.
    So entertaining and perfectly timed for me when I was having a rough couple of weeks work-wise.
    There was also a new art exhibition in the theatre that was interesting.
    So much more to life than work right?
  • Womona
    Options
    @Womona

Barely Methodical Troupe is the name of the company that is currently touring "Bromance".
    The troupe is UK based, but the performers of this particular show sounded Australian or Kiwi.
    So entertaining and perfectly timed for me when I was having a rough couple of weeks work-wise.
    There was also a new art exhibition in the theatre that was interesting.
    So much more to life than work right?

Oh absolutely!!!!!

So glad your work issues are resolved. What a relief.
  • Womona
    Options
    AF again tonight. I have enough calories to have a glass, but I really want to stick to the no sugar/alcohol thing as much as I can. Would you believe it’s harder for me to give up bread and pasta than it is to give up wine??????