Less Alcohol ~ APRIL 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn

I had hoped that @Lilylady3k would chime in with some ideas for what to do with some of that food, and she didn't disappoint : - )

@globalhiker also likely has some good ideas as to what to do with those beans.

Have fun at the fair!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My usual goal, 16-20AF days for the month. Diary style.
    I had 21AF days for March, but it was a longer month.
    My reason for drinking less is for weight loss.

Tuesday April 12 - AF - I really felt like having drinks, but I do a split shift on Wednesdays, so thought better of it. Wednesday has become one of my drinks days. Not mandatory, but planned. Having a designated drinks day helps me to hold on for a couple of days instead of just having drinks when I feel like it.
    Wednesday April 13 - Drinks - Long workday, and it was very nice to have a few drinks. Planned AF for Thursday.

Rolling total: 8AF day out of 13 days.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    Oh just one other thing!

Read this sign while driving.......

STOP PARKING, KEEP DRIVING, ACCIDENTS CAUSE HUMANS.

Read this on a facebook post that really made me pause

Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself

😁😁😁
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn in college we would get canned chicken breast, drain and mix with Miracle Whip, and serve on crackers. Yum! Basically treat it like you’d treat making a tuna fish sandwich.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @MissMay

Lady Gaga!!!! Woohoo!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Womona

So sorry to hear about the falling out with a friend. That is so hard.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My usual goal, 16-20AF days for the month. Diary style.
    I had 21AF days for March, but it was a longer month.
    My reason for drinking less is for weight loss.

Tuesday April 12 - AF - I really felt like having drinks, but I do a split shift on Wednesdays, so thought better of it. Wednesday has become one of my drinks days. Not mandatory, but planned. Having a designated drinks day helps me to hold on for a couple of days instead of just having drinks when I feel like it.
    Wednesday April 13 - Drinks - Long workday, and it was very nice to have a few drinks. Planned AF for Thursday.
    Thursday April 14 - AF - No plans for AF Friday and Saturday, we'll see.

Rolling total: 9AF day out of 14 days.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I haven't yet commented on this month's thread because nothing has changed for me as far as drinking goes. I have continued to moderate successfully and I feel pretty good about it, so I've just been reading everyone's posts and liking/hugging/etc.. :smile:

We recently moved from a WFH arrangement to a hybrid one at work and that's got me a bit worried. Sadly, work is one of my biggest triggers, but somehow it doesn't bother me as much when I am at home. I am a bit nervous moving forward that I might start drinking more to cope. So far it hasn't happened, but I guess it's good to be aware of the possibility. I like to think it makes me better prepared.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I haven't yet commented on this month's thread because nothing has changed for me as far as drinking goes. I have continued to moderate successfully and I feel pretty good about it, so I've just been reading everyone's posts and liking/hugging/etc.. :smile:

We recently moved from a WFH arrangement to a hybrid one at work and that's got me a bit worried. Sadly, work is one of my biggest triggers, but somehow it doesn't bother me as much when I am at home. I am a bit nervous moving forward that I might start drinking more to cope. So far it hasn't happened, but I guess it's good to be aware of the possibility. I like to think it makes me better prepared.

Hello @Mouse_Potato it is good to see you in here.

It is always good to voice your under lying fears, get them out in the open to face them head on. Think about how much packing and organizing you will be able to accomplish without going past your moderate drinking threshold. If you need to cope a little with the stress that may be involved with your move, do micro sips as I believe @womona introduced us to.

Keep reading and keep coming in the chat with us.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 you are more than welcome.

You never know what you might pick up from another persons experience.

Our drinking minds have a extremely strong will to convince us we need or deserve or should celebrate with alcohol to feel accomplished. Really when you think hard about it, that is just plain silly.

(Tax season....UGH)

Have a great weekend
  • MissMay
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    It’s all good! Had a heartfelt conversation with my friend, it went so much better than I could have imagined, apologies and forgiveness, and I feel a thousand percent better. Thanks everyone for your support!!!!!

@womona I was so sad to read your first post yesterday, then happy to see this one this morning. I can only imagine those hours of dread until you both talked it out. Giant hugs to you.hope your feeling better.