WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    No work tomorrow so the plan is to do a 30 Minutes to Fitness Plateau Buster DVD and then a Step by Step Yoga DVD. This is a new one so we shall see…..

Cleaned the deck. I must have done a very good job last year or else mildew didn’t grow much because it wasn’t that dirty. Then made a chocolate zucchini bread (only I don’t tell Vince there’s zucchini in it). I had a zucchini that I needed to use up which is why I made that. Went to church now making more pulled pork for Vince. Will probably copy some more tapes later tonight. Hopefully, it’ll be nice tomorrow and I can wash and wax my care. I do wish it was cloudy, tho. I’ll probably wax clean the windows in the garage, tho

Made the pulled pork and put it in the freezer for another day. Now making sweet potatoes in the IP. Never did that before, but I’ll try it.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Have a question for you ladies
    Im thinking of buying a adjustable bed and new mattress and would like to find out if any of you all have one and how you like them?
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    b16gz1ylf1so.png

Home from holidays and cycling the usual routes again.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    We've been on holidays for a week ... travelling in northern Tasmania.

jhxjkt08cotr.png
    6e5d27ma6zzp.png
    65lh9fk0u15p.png
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

We cycled and walked and visited some shops.

I went to bed earlier & read lots over our week away. ❤️
    But I'm not sure that reading John Grisham is that relaxing when we're involved in legal stuff ourselves!! 😆🤨😐

When I was young, I read mystery novels and wanted to be a detective because it would be exciting! 🕵️
    But over the past 4 years, I've discovered that legal detective work involves searching hundreds of files and documents for the one I want.👩‍💻

Might be interesting to add a law degree to my collection after all this time. 🤨

If you were given the opportunity to acquire a new qualification of some sort, what would you choose?

Machka in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - the ship is SO impressive.
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Does anyone use a foam wedge to elevate their lower legs while they sleep?
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Barbara - I've tried, but never could get used to it. I'm a side sleeper, so I woke up often as I tried to turn over one way or the other, and was prevented from turning by the wedge. Back sleepers might love it, though.

Best day in yonks yesterday. In fact, I was feeling so good that Corey and I were able to work in the yard together for a couple of hours in the afternoon. After our showers, we went out to eat at a local diner that we hadn't tried. I had grilled shrimp - they were severely overcooked but really tasty. From there, it was to one of the local stores carrying plants to pick up some strawberry and tomato seedlings. Then stopped at Walmart to get a few groceries for the week. The closest to a completely normal day I've had in so long that I genuinely can't remember the last time.

The yardwork was to get the final pieces of the fallen tree shifted either to the woodshed or the burn pit. The scale is hard to tell, but that upright stump in the middle reaches about as high as my belly button, and each of those scattered pieces weighs a hundred pounds or more apiece. Most are so rock-hard that they can't even be split for fireplace burning.
    un50ibp5ol5g.png

We also wanted to get all the equipment undercover because of rain predicted today. For a change, the weather critters were right. It is pouring down right now, and is supposed to last all day long and into tomorrow. The first thunder boomer was about 6 a.m., a long, slow rumble that just kept going. Another's rumbling in the distance now. Floods are expected at lower elevations. Typical Arkansas spring weather.

Hope everyone's having or had a peaceful Sunday.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    I gave in and went around DH to make a donation to his aunt's favourite charity. I told him afterwards and he was fine with it. Even grateful. :*
    I also emailed his cousin with regrets etc. I was feeling frustrated that DH had not been in personal touch, apart from writing out the card I bought and posted. I was fond of his aunt, and DH's cousin also lost his brother on the same day. I wanted to reach out. I felt it wasn't my place, but then I did it anyway. :o
    The funeral is streamed on Tuesday. <3

I've started Duolingo again to revise my Norwegian. A few years ago I had got good enough to be able to have a conversation, which I did, several times, in Norway, so I should be able to pick it up again. This morning, I had forgotten almost all of it :o , but it will come back eventually. I've got a whole year and more. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Leg swelling abated, knee feeling better but still “tricksy”, managed dog group/pack walk today and step goal for the first time in 2 weeks. Thinking of Katla’s new stressless recliners and Allie’s adjustable bed question, does anyone use a foam wedge to elevate their lower legs while they sleep?

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

My husband is a side sleeper and uses a foam pillow designed for side sleepers between his knees.

I'm a 360° sleeper and I do best with a plethora of pillows. I've got one for under my knees when I'm on my back. I use that one for a knee when I'm on my side too. I've got others I prop under parts of me and some that support my arms and some that raise part of my head pillow when I need it up a bit. I would like to add one more that I used to use years ago. I think it would be a good re-addition.

I like to think of my bed as my nest. :)

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :)Allie, I sleep on a normal high quality flat mattress using more than one pillow to elevate my head and shoulders to please me.

:)Barbara, at the advice of my chiropractor more than 30 years ago, I sleep with a pillow under my knees. I usually sleep on my back, but when I occasionally sleep on my side, I have the pillow between my knees.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Ugh what a night..had a vertigo attack around 11 pm last night ,room spinning all over ,and got severely ill.. once it finally subsided I went and got a wet washcloth and put it on my forehead.. and was able to go back to sleep. But sheesh that hasn't happened in a long long time thank goodness.
    Think I'll lay low today..
    I was telling Tracy about trying to get things cleaned up and she said ma he had a big house full of stuff you dont,lets not worry about that right now,you just rest and we will worry about it when the time comes.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    It is sunrise here. The trees on the island across from us is looks like a black paper cut out. When the sun gets a little bit higher it will look like the day has begun.