WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,197 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Had a difficult conversation with my daughter. I am not feeling respected by her or my son. 😢

You mentioned that your daughter wanted to go with you to your doctor ... have you and she done that yet?

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,968 Member
    Options
    B)<3<3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,658 Member
    Options
    I also looked out at the Road Scholar program prices it has been a long time since I had. Most of the pricing is high compared to what I remember. I am so use to camping for a night or two, and maybe spending $30-$40 plus food money for a vacation. Maybe that will always just be a day dream. Although I did think it was interesting to see what they were doing closest to me... I might be able to create some day trips that included the same sites.

Kim in N. California
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    I have a question for the technical among us - Windows 11 upgrade --- should I do it? will it have any problems with my USB to floppy external drive?

Kim in N. California
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Wow Heather - DH did a great job!!!
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    If you were given the opportunity to acquire a new qualification of some sort, what would you choose?
    Love that sentiment Heather! Learn something new every day! I really do try, even simply a new "thought".
    I'd like to learn another language. I know that's rather simple, but I'd really like to become REALLY fluent. I've thought about Spanish simply because it's so prevalent and I learned French in HS and traveled to France after HS. Romance languages are so similar so it wouldn't be hard. And we have Mexican neighbors so I know they would love help me and LOVE to correct me. LOL. They're just wonderful already and they'd love to know that I'm really trying something new. Who knows...

WOOHOO Allie! So excited for you and your new mattress! (and slightly jealous)

MACHKA! That Boomer thing is HILARIOUS! Don't know about "boomer" though. A lot of those songs seem to be much later than the baby boomer generation. But I know and love them all.

Katla, I'm so sorry. Disrespect is so hard to deal with. Been there. I think we all have. Glad you spoke to her though. That's one of the hardest things to do.

Nothing much new here. Back to work Monday. Can't believe it's May next week!

Carla, in MN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Barbara - There is Hebrew on Duolingo, and, of course, Spanish, Carla. It's so easy to learn a language these days. I listen to Easy Spanish, Easy German and Easy French. There are so many different videos for every language, and films and TV programmes on Netflix, with a choice of subtitles. I use English ones for German and French ones for French.
    I have restarted Norwegian on Duolingo and I know there are many other resources online.
    My method is little and often.
    You could learn the guitar, piano etc. It's all there.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    Vicki - Excellent job there! :D>:):D:drinker:
    I've always had great success with complaining about restaurant meals and getting free meals, sometimes posh ones. :D DH's best success, and he has had quite a few, was with getting an upgrade and replacement for our cross trainer. Worth thousands! Plus a personal delivery service! He also managed a huge discount for years on our phone line. You should always go straight to the top. He writes a brilliant letter. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Had a difficult conversation with my daughter. I am not feeling respected by her or my son. 😢

I am so sorry-
    I feel I need to have a conversation with my mom but not quite yet, need to calm down a bit-
    My sister told me yesterday that mom told her she didn't want me to go up and get started planting in the greenhouse when I did, she wasn't ready but I went ahead and did it anyways.
    Problem with that is, mom never told me she wasn't ready(even though it was a month later or more, from when it should have been started). She acted like she really appreciated the help but now, hearing from my sister, she is irritated that I did it. Sister said, oh, mom didn't want to hurt your feelings, well, feelings are a lot more hurt now than if she had something. If she didn't want my friend and I to get started, fine, we could have spent that whole weekend visiting and not working our butts off. Or, I could have stayed home and do some things around here. I told my friend, next year, if I get the urge to help get it started, remind me not to. If the garden goes in two or three months late and it doesn't produce(that is what happened last year), it is on her. Both years I went up thinking I was helping, just to hear from my sisters(last year the other sister told me what mom told her) that she was upset with what I did. I am the only one of the three of us that was there to help and this is what I get.
    Mom is still focused on weeding around and in the raised beds but not about the stuff in the green house that needs to grow so it can get put in those raised bed.

Sorry for venting -just irritated- Will wait a few days before calling mom or wait until I go up in two weeks for a memorial service for a friend.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Katla ... I missed your post where you said you felt disrespected by your children. Your comment made me think about how my brother and I have been dealing with my elderly parents (age 93 and 91) the last couple of months. I have been angry with my brother more than once on how he has handled situations as they relate to my parents, but in his defense, he has only wanted to "fix" problems. Perhaps your children, in an effort to see you and your husband well taken care of, have been insensitive to your thoughts and your feelings. They've moved too quickly or instituted changes that are hard to get used to. Conversations that let your children know that you've felt disrespected or your opinions have been ignored, are important. I am certain they have your best interests at heart, but you may need to remind them that words matter and how those words are said matter too.

<3 Beth

Thank you for writing this- I need to remember this when I am trying to "fix" things for her. Trying to do it the way it used to be, when dad was alive. I am not up there all the time so don't see all she is dealing with, just see that she isn't doing it the way dad did(they did together)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH has an appointment with a doctor quite a distance from home. We know the doctor is well regarded. We hope to get to his office on time. We are looking forward to a good outcome. <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    B)