• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,658 Member
    Options
    Heather - That is the cutest picture!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,816 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Im home and as Heather would say knackered..
    But got Lillian to the place for the prosthesis and a couple of new bras.. and she took me out to lunch it was very nice.. im just hoping I dont get a ticket where I parked ..didnt see they had metered parking by license plate but the meter was a few cars away..I did have my handicapped card on the car..so who knows.. we were right near the cheesecake factory. So I stopped there and hot her a piece for her birthday and picked up a couple of pieces for Tracy for early Mothers day present.. its one of her favorites..
    And then home..it is hard carting around an almost 92 yr old lady ..but we had a few chuckles.
    Im home and in jammies and comfortable
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options

Machka9 wrote: »

The one thing that's missing is this ... who is going to care for me?

Machka in Oz

Machka ... I have had the exact same thought. I have only have one son left and, frankly, he's not showing signs of having the capacity to handle anything in life, let alone an aging parent. I have spoken to my husband about this and how we need to plan accordingly.

Beth
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,658 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    Lisa - she insisted we made a video, but I can't feed it. She is a force of nature.
    When she was less than 2 years old we called her Margaret Thatcher. :o:o:o
    But she is utterly charming.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,539 Member
    Options
    I've struggled ever since I retired a couple years back with To-Do lists. I relied on them during my work years to be sure I got everything done that needed doing... but they don't really work with my current lifestyle. One of my favorite authors, Daniel Pink, does a podcast too, and I caught in passing his suggestion to create a "Done" list instead of a "To-Do."

I'm on day four of working with the "Done" list, and find it is just as effective and much more satisfying, to write down what I've done after I do it. I find myself marveling at what I get accomplished instead of beating myself up for what I didn't get to. Really different mindset, overall. I may have 20 or 25 things I've done, and many of them would never make the to-do list, like "make the bed." Now, that and everything else I do makes the list, and is helping me feel much better about what I accomplish on any given day.

Just a thought for all my list junkies out there. I do, by the way, have a short reminders list, but only for things I can't do today.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Lisa,. I like the idea of a "done" list!

Terri,. Sorry to hear of your friend's passing. I haven't lost any close friends yet.

Heather,. That Bea! She has the world by the tail, she does.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,540 Member
    Options
    One of my college friends rang to say that one of the group has passed away. There is a Memorial Service in Belfast, near our old college, at noon on Thursday. I will go. We usually meet up once a year, but haven’t been able to meet since before Covid.

☘️ Terri

Ah, so hear to hear about your friends passing.

One of my pen pals lives in Clonoughter Glin county Limerick. She's a dear friend we've been corresponding since 2018. She lives near Shannon airport, and remembers the Concord flying and rattling her windows something awful.😁
    Remember the best times with your friend, not the times you missed with Covid.🙏💖
    Hugs
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Rita as a landlord in MN I would say yes. But, I think that your son must not be telling you everything. Maybe he is consistently late on rent. Maybe he is being complained about by other tenants. If there is no lease the landlord only needs to give a 30-day or 60 day notice depending on what the lease said. If the lease is up it's month to month that's 30 days. If you really need to know the truth talk to the landlord. We evicted a lady because she had a dog that destroyed our place. We were going to evict another person because they were consistently late on payment. Never on the first always on the 5th.

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    Well I did some stretches from my dumbbell routine. I think I will try most of the exercises on Thursday but twenty reps instead of the old forty.

Pip way to go! You really are recovering like a spring chicken!

Teri I'm sorry to hear that your friend passed.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    Worked, then went to the gym. Afterwards, went to WalMart, bought gas, came home and popped the popcorn for the Christmas trees, now making a chocolate cake to take to Jess. One more week and we leave! I am SOOO looking forward to going to Iowa and not having to take gloves, hat and scarf.

Terri – I wish I could use the lawn mower to mulch up those leaves. However, they are among the trees (plural). So, really, the only way to get to them is by hand. Fortunately, there aren’t a lot of trees, just enough to make it a pain in the lower back side

Barbara – I forgot all about “1, 2, 3 oh Leary”. Isn’t it a crying shame that the kids today don’t have any idea what these games are? I remember once at the Green Room they were putting on a show that was based in the 50’s. They had to explain to the kids how a phone used to be on the wall and you actually had cords!

Oh, about the deductions, I was already at zero deductions (no surprise there). To be honest, I’m not going to mention to Vince that I could have extra taken out of my paycheck. If I do, it’s that much less in my landscape fund. Am I bad or what????? He’s the CPA, if he thinks of it, maybe I’ll procrastinate some.

Oh, I was told at work today that now that I’m working 6 days/week, if I need a day off (like Wed), that’s OK, just make sure there’s enough prep for that day. I told the manager “I honestly don’t forsee anything coming up. We’re only talking 3-4 hours/day, not 8 hours a day. But thank you, I’ll keep that in mind. You never know what might come up”. It’s good to know that if I have an appointment and the only time that I can be seen is 7 in the morning, it’s not a big deal. But why should it be? I need to have extra prep done anyway. Oh well….. it’s nice to know anyway.

Ginny – do you know that I had a UTI many years ago (at least 15) and my cousin had to tell me what it was, I don’t remember having had one before. Haven’t had one since, either. But I remember it was painful when I did have one.

Oh, today Jerry asked me if I could loan him $9. I really, really don’t want to get into that sort of thing so I told him that I didn’t. He told me he was going to pay me more than the $9 – I don’t care. Then he showed me that he had only a few cigarettes left and that he was going to use the money to buy more. I could only think “then quit”

Oh, the gym FINALLY did away with the having to take your temperature. That was the only place except the doctor’s office where you had to have your temperature taken.

Carol GA – you know what the first thing I thought of when I saw that painting? “What a neat jigsaw puzzle that would make”. Fantastic painting

Carla – when did you come home as a kid? When the street lights came on! How I remember going Trick or Treating, going home and dumping my “loot” on the rug, picking out what I liked and giving the other stuff to my mother to give out. Then out again. No parents chaperoning us. And we started TorT right after school and didn’t finish until the street lights came on (sometimes later). Hope it warms up for you soon

Celia – welcome

Lisa – are you getting FIOS?

Heather – Enjoy yourself!

It’s really amazing. I was planning to go to the gym today since they were calling for rain so I had a turkey sausage along with an egg, egg substitute on a tortilla for breakfast. With all that protein, I have no hunger at all, or should I say, very little.

Does anyone know of a podcast I can listen to on my phone when I go for a walk having to do with nutrition, exercise, health, etc?

Right now I’m copying a VHS tape to DVD called “Sit and Be Fit”. I figure one day I may need it.

Michele NC
  • strongerfaith
    strongerfaith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    🌼
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,727 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    <3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    Off to London in 20 mins. Nervous. Did not sleep well. Par for the course for me. ;)

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, CI<CO, miraculously
    Bonus: sandwiches for the hungry, coffee chat with D, recycling, call eye Dr’s office with timing and dilation questions, district grant application, budget worksheet and email.
    Just one thing: back to bupkes
    Workin’ on it: Tuesday 142.2, H205, active 4:29
    Active April
    26:. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes.

Welcome @celiaja Celia in Lake Tahoe area. We honeymooned in South Lake Tahoe and it was always one of our favorite places. Food scale and weighing portions was a real eye opener for me. A 2 tablespoon serving of hummus turned out to be twice as much by weight :sick:
    Terri ((hugs))
    Michele and “Ring around the rosy” and “London Bridge is falling down” and “Red light, green light”… and…and…
    I’m confused, thought if you took 1 or 2 deductions they’d withhold less tax, making your paycheck bigger?
    Yay pip, :love: Lisa’s done list and Carol’s GD’s gorgeous painting. Happy for Katla’s good day. Put me in the same boat as Machka and Beth with no one to care for us when we’ll need it. A puzzlement.
    Heather :love: Bea’s energy and Edie’s pic, or did I mix up their names?

Like Ginny, commenting in my brain while skimmin’ as need to zzz before tomorrow’s drive.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.