WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Heather, I looked at the menu for the Noble Rot near the Foundling Museum - oh my! posh lunch, indeed! That was fun to look at. Have a lovely, relaxed day.

Edited to add: ...and I looked at the exhibitions at the museum: comics, foundling portraits, tokens left by parents, the creation of a picture book, musical networking...it all looks fascinating!

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    Made a complaint to the front desk about noise in my room. I wanted to log it. I will have to visit the website, but I hope for a refund, or partial refund. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

What was the noise?

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Received call from Urologist office yesterday-they wanted to switch antibiotics for me based upon lab results. Was told they were calling in a Z-pack. Picked up script on way home and didn't pay much attention-had decided I would start it this morning. Was unpacking it and discovered I had been given one of the steroid med dose packs. Don't know if Urologist nurse call in the wrong thing or the pharmacy just messed up. So-I will delay going into work this am to figure it out. Urologist office is on my way to my office and they open at 8 am-will start there. Figure no matter the cause of the issue-I need a prescription for the right medicine. Very frustrating. I want to get the current testing/etc. done and then may consider finding new doctor.

Off to be productive instead of whining.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

When you pick up the scripts, doesn't the pharmacist go through each one with you?

M in Oz

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Today I am going to try horseback riding with my knee brace. Nothing too fast, just a walk. The hard part is getting off the horse and landing as gently as possible.

My diet has been awful and weigh in day is tomorrow. As usual in the morning I make plans like cutting back to 800 calories for a week, then by late afternoon I am over my 1100 and still into the chocolate and cookies. I don't seem to eat the salad I bought. And I stop tracking about 5:00. There, that's my confession. So what's my penance? Nothing but vegetables after lunch? Hmm, that would improve a lot of things. Too late for tomorrow's weigh-in though. The damage is done.

This daily remorse is so bad for my self-esteem. Gotta break this cycle. And not gain five pounds while my knee heals. It's no excuse.

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I took my daughter and granddaughter for pedicures. We all have blue toenails now. It was an indulgence and a lovely treat for all of us.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your kind words <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Rori- thanks for posting the picture- would love to see them in person. Maybe next time we go to Colorado we will get lucky and see them. But, maybe we are in the wrong part of the state. We stay in Colorado Springs and go up to Boulder(HAVE to go to Celestial Seasonings Factory when ever we are there)
    I am trying to find the motivation to exercise more on my own.
    Very easy to go with a friend like we used to- would walk an hour every evening but she is busy now, goes to a gym after work in stead.

Michele- one of our neighbors(not really close by) has goats. We live in town so was surprised to hear a baby goat crying and crying)- found out, the one guy we have in zumba class lives right next to them. Didn't know he lived near me. We hear roosters often though many complain about it(raised on a farm, I enjoy all of it). Joel said they have goats, chickens, rabbits.

Celia- Beautiful place to live. Been up there many times. Former hubby and his brother both graduated from Tahoe City high school (MANY years ago )

Thanks Lisa- food was better after air frying it to warm it up and render out some of the extra oil.
    I want to try the gumbo next time.

Rita- I hope your son finds a new place that he really likes and all goes well with both the doctor appointment and court.

Katla- sounds like a great treat for all of you.

Heather- looks like you all had a wonderful time-hope you get compensated for the noise last night.

Terri- what great memories of such a special group of friends. Those are ones to really treasure.

They are cutting back our Zumba class to one night a week unless we can find a place for the second night. May try doing it at the park down the street from me which would be amazing(not having to drive to the other end of town or to the sketchy part of town where our Monday class will be starting)- Our building is being renovated and dont expect it to be done until Dec. Where our class will be on Monday is not available on Wed and they aren't really trying to help find us another spot.

Have been enjoying not having my daycare girl this week- Tested positive last Friday. Got a lot of work done in my garden. Got 20 bags of compost to add to the raised beds and pots. Got some seeds planted in my little rolling greenhouses- saw the idea on Facebook so trying it-got the two carts/dressers for $5 for both
    751hqapsrd7a.png
    m5qe1mvpino8.png

Heard from my friend Teruko- her grandson, David was finally released from the hospital yesterday afternoon. I will talk to her later today to find out what they found out- had been running tests for diabetes and encephalitis along with other things. She works nights so messaged me before going to bed.

Have end of the month paperwork to get done but think I will go with DH to run some errands. Would rather stay home but he would like me to go with him so I will. Only time we are really spending time together, even if it is just shopping and going to the bank.

Loving my new FitBit- such a big difference from just the no name trackers I was using. And the app is amazing. To really see my steps and is tracking more accurate, (tells me to get up off my butt and walk ;)), shows the calories burned instead of relying on just the exercise I put in on MFP. The fact the FitBit and MFP are linked is really great. I didn't realize they were so one day it shows I did a lot more exercise than I did-
    And, the graph to show my sleep- that is amazing. To see exactly how well/much/what type of sleep I am getting.

Cold and very windy today so don't think I will be up spreading compost today. My asthma is already acting up without adding that into it.

Enjoy your day ladies!

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Our daughter is here and made soft boiled eggs this morning. My mouth loved it but my tummy is grumpy. 😳
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Had a lovely day with Tracy and Miles.. we went to Old Navy ,she had to return some things that I had bought her ,and she found a few other things
    I got Carmine a Nirvana t-shirt and a onsie for Miles that says Mommy is my favorite... and I found a really pretty dress for myself..Tracy had a 30 .00 off coupon and the return on my credit card was 1/2 of what was bought so it was a win win..im still trying to figure out Miles new car seat lol.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :) The landscaper delivered and spread beautiful black fine bark along the side of the house then left three yards of it on the driveway so I can spread it in all the flower beds over the summer.

:s My dog walking friend found that there were three people in her balance class who tested positive for Covid so she'll stay away from us and the dogs possibly for as long as ten days They suspended the class for awhile

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Pip--Sounds like you are doing great. Pray you get good news about Yogi.

Tracey--Glad to hear the payroll problems are fixed. Great news about the new baby and around Christmas how exciting. Do they have any other children?

Read some interesting information in the AARP magazine today and made me think of Heather. In 1972 carnival cruise line started with only one ship and enough fuel to make it from Miami to San Juan, but not back.

Betsy--I understand the grief storms and I agree the best thing is to cry. It's the way our body releases the pain, I believe.

Terri and Heather--What a Blessings to have friends for so many years. The 2 I had passed away several years ago. I do miss them. Enjoy your friends.

Katla--Sounds like you are having some much needed family time.

Beautiful day and I am inside, by the time I get off it is to have started to rain. I really don't care we need the rain so bad. Went and watched 3 GGS's school concert. I loved the fact each class got up did their 2 songs and then off the stage. We were done in just over 1 1/2 hours. The little ones are so cute. What I did find interesting is some of the girls were dressed up so nice in new dresses and then the boy next to them is in shorts. This was kindergarden - 5th grade.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3