WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I've just been lying around catching up with my languages. Bliss! I'm still rubbish at German and I've been trying all my life! :p

No editing. >:) Oh well. It's a recovery day. :p

I highly recommend that podcast I mentioned earlier. Especially to any medics and divers. We have a few on here. :D

Lisa - I have to grin a lot as my natural look is RBF. I look terrible when I'm not smiling 😕.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well im home
    They changed Tracys hours.. so she will be working ,Tues,weds,and fridays so i will have 2 days in a row.. she called first to ask if its ok. I said hey lets try it out..
    Cant hurt for losing and it will look good for her when its time for a raise..
    We are still having no luck with a bottle and his pediatrician appointment got pushed back until almost the end of May..
    So we shall see..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    LIke most people, when I write LOL, I don't actually mean I laughed out loud, I mean that I thought something was funny. This made me LOL. It's possible a cannibal wrote this review.
    cwnplfkpiug5.png

made Cashew Chicken from my little yellow cook book last night- It called for Accent! Just about every recipe in the book seems to use it.
    I used to use it but not anymore
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Terri - many hugs for you and your friends...

Heather - loved the pics--you definitely appeared to be the happiest one there!

I set the first washing of spring out this morning - all the whites. I do love the slight roughness and incredible scent of a towel that's been dried in the sun. Sheets too, and those are next.

Debating on how much to try to accomplish outside today. Supposed to rain tomorrow, so will have tomorrow to curl up with a book, even though it's what I want to do today!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

line dried laundry is one thing I really can't handle- don't want anything even remotely rough touching me. I used to hate when we dried our clothes on the line.
    I have gotten worse about it over the years. If I am shopping for clothes or blankets or anything that touches my skin, I feel it first-before checking the price, seeing how cute it is, etc.
    I also have taken out all tags out of my shirts. I like the idea of tagless in my t-shirts UNTIL they get a bit rough. I found I can iron them to get them smooth again.
    The worst thing is the stiff/rough net type binding they put inside some bras on the seams. SERIOUSLY they put the roughest stuff around and put in on the most sensitive part of the body.
    I do not buy clothes online anymore at all- I have to see/feel them first.
    My favorite thing I am doing now is sleeping on one of those super soft blankets from Kohl's with a Sherpa blanket from there on me- feels better than the flannel sheets even. Those were nice when we first bought them and still not bad, but not like sherpa ;)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Thanks for your encouragement on tracking. I needed that.

I went back to my fiber plus hot chocolate at 140 calories as my permitted daily chocolate today. I have been able to resist extra so far. I still have chicken to boil and a salad to make. And then a pork loin for my parents. I plan to wrap it in bacon which is going to smell tempting! But boiled chicken fits my calorie budget.

Next is to gather my courage and check the damage on the scale. Whatever it is, I will be moving down from there.

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    I gained two pounds last week, from continuously eating more calories than I burned. I think part of it is that caffeine makes me impulsive, and I grab candy and cookies. I think I will go down in the basement and see how my knee handles walking.

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    I walked twenty minutes! Yay! And ate my boiled chicken and salad. Yay! So far so good!
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    LANNETTE ~ I personally think anti-depressants are a blessing. Have been taking them for more than 30 yrs. Glad you are able to get the car in shape to be used. My Honda is a 2007 and it only has 90,000 miles.

Carol in GA
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know that my week was as rough as Machka's but I am glad it is over. I am hopeful antibiotic really kicks in tomorrow.

Heather-thanks for the items you posted. I have copied them to my Mac so I can refer back to them. Too bad we didn't all practices such things years ago!

Haven't hung clothes outside for years. Now I wouldn't because hauling wet clothes up from the basement would be a bit beyond me. Also, no clothes line in back yard. Years ago there was a large tree and a line ran to the house. Had to cut down tree several years ago and never came up with clothes line alternative.

Beautiful evening out even if a bit crisp. Went for nice walk. Ran in to someone I had not seen for some time-nice to catch up. Now off to warm up dinner and do my Friday dinner zoom.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Short walk w/family- 24.16min, 16elev, 2.68ap, 83ahr, 99mhr, 1.08mi= 93c
    Strava app= 124c
    Walk home to gym- 12.05min, .57mi= 50c
    Strava app= 65c
    Spin bike at gym- 41.32min, 10-15gear, 15.17amph, 132ahr, 160mhr, 10.5mi= 340c
    Stair climber- 10min, lvl5, 524steps, 130ahr, 156mhr, 34floors= 112c
    Walk gym to home- 111.52min, .54mi= 50c
    Strava app= 62c

Total cal 645
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Well I had a taste of the pork loin-it came out very well, and I am still under calories by 9. So now the trick is to stop snacking.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well Alfie and I are tucked in..
    And Miles is 4 months old today cant believe it...
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Heather - I agree. I’m trying to work out a way to get home in the Fall which would allow me to see 2 of my closest friends plus my family.

Barbara - that would have been a terrible drive. Glad you are safe at home.

Lisa - that’s funny. I literally LOLed.

Allie - my Godchildren were like Miles and would never take a bottle. I remember watching my Goddaughter while her Mother went to get a perm. She cried for 4 hours straight. It was awful for all concerned. My experience with them was the reason I never breastfed.

Debbie - I am between you and Lisa. I love the smell and feel of sheets dried on the line, but not towels and clothes. We aren’t allowed to have a line here. It’s sad really when people keep trying to help the environment.

Carol - I agree. Antidepressants have helped me tremendously for a long time.

In 2008 I bought a 1988 Pontiac that had 90000 kms on it for $600. It even had a car phone that still worked. I sold it in 2011 to help pay for our eldest daughters wedding. I miss it still.

For the first time in at least a year I left work on a Friday afternoon and felt caught up. I think this will be a great weekend. I won’t be dreading all I have to do on Monday.

I tried copying a picture from my notes app and it still didn’t work. I hope they get this bug fixed soon.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Worked today, took Jerry home, went to the soup kitchen than went to pick up a prescription for Loki but first went to the Salvation Army there and then to Dollar General to see if they had any distilled water. Now home and making M&M cookies for a lady at work

Today I asked Jerry to get something for me and, as usual, he rolled his eyes. Finally, I said to him “Jerry, why do you always roll your eyes when I ask you to get something for me? I thought that was your job. If it’s not, please have Melissa or Molly (a manager and store manager) tell me who I should ask. There are just some things that I physically can’t do. Like I can’t carry a whole case of cheese, and I can’t carry a whole case of lettuce.” In a little bit he came up to me and said “I don’t want you to be mad at me, I just had a lot on my mind”. I told him “I’m not a mindreader, I have no idea when you have something on your mind. I’m not mad at you, it’s just that it gets frustrating. I ALWAYS say to you “when you get a chance, not a rush” and I ALWAYS say “thank you”. Then, when I took him home he said something to the effect of “I’ve got to work on that”. I just told him “Jerry, I’m NOT mad at you, don’t even worry at all about it”. And I let it go. I hope he did, too. I suspect he did.

Lanette – so happy for your dh. You did a good thing by halving the pill. Speaking of garage doors, I had to get a new opener and ever since, for no apparent reason that we can think of, the door opens or closes. We lock it at night just so it doesn’t open in the middle of the night and someone comes into the house (even tho the door to the house is locked)

About those tags on your blouses/shirts/whatever. What I do is I take a SMALL piece of the StitchWitchery. Put it between the tag and the shirt and steam it. That holds the tag down but you still have the tag so you have the size or whatever other information you may need.

Debbie – I don’t like to buy clothes online, either. Like I ordered a pair of pants that said they were gray, but when I got them I thought they were black. You can’t really tell from the picture they posted. Well, at least they fit me.

Going to try to get to bed early tonight.

Michele NC