WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    Betsy ... hugs. Grief hits me like that too.

Terri ... praying your friend Helen is ok. Glad you were able of honor your friend's passing. Such a gift to have friendships that span the years.

Michele ... tracking calories most definitely pointed out where the "extras" were coming from in my diet!

Rebecca ... I can't do it. I have tried and I can't. Bragg's ACV in a glass of water is just beyond my endurance. So I'm trying it mixed in my salads for the time being. Sigh. I though I was of sterner stuff.

Beth near Buffalo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Short walk w/family- 21.39min, 131elev, 2.66ap, 90ahr, 101mhr, 1mi- 90c
    Strava app= 114c
    Walk home to gym- 10.55min, .53mi= 50c
    Strava app= 61c
    Treadmill jog- 19.26min, 6-7sp, 9.43min mi, 148ahr, 177mhr, 2mi= 209c
    Spin bike at gym- 19.49min, 11-12gear, 15.14amph, 142ahr, 165mhr, 5mi= 200c
    Rowing machine- 10min, 43aw, 124ahr, 155mhr, 1503meters= 84c
    Standing core crunches- 2.45min, 116ahr, 134mhr, 5sets of 10ea= 47c
    Walk gym to store then home- 16.02min, .75mi= 98c
    Strava app= 86c

Total 778

1st time on rowing machine and doing a bit of standing crunches, felt ok
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    DOWN time has been changed to tonight.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    My knee made it through horseback riding! Yay! I was a little wobbly but not painful. Resting now until I cook dinner for my parents, which will be sliced ham and veggies.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    DOWN time has been changed to tonight.

It’ll be after my bedtime 😝 I’m in trepidation at what I might find in the morning.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Terri, Sorry to hear about your friends. I haven't lost a close friend yet. I dread it.

Barbie, That's a lot of mulch!

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Evening again
    Im snuggled in with Alfie.. and will get up early and take care of Miles tomorrow.. Carmine lived the t shirt for that i am glad..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka-pharmacies here have technicians who hand out prescriptions. You are asked if you have any questions for the pharmacist. Since it is a medication I have taken before, I had no questions and just left. Our pharmacies all seem to be completely slammed these days-don’t know if it is the same employment woes of every other business?

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I pick up both my husband's and my medications. When they're ready, I go to the counter and they ask me if I/we have taken the medication before or have questions, then they show me each one for my approval that they've got the right ones.

I'm glad you got it sorted!!

M in Oz

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Betsy ... hugs. Grief hits me like that too.

Terri ... praying your friend Helen is ok. Glad you were able of honor your friend's passing. Such a gift to have friendships that span the years.

Michele ... tracking calories most definitely pointed out where the "extras" were coming from in my diet!

Rebecca ... I can't do it. I have tried and I can't. Bragg's ACV in a glass of water is just beyond my endurance. So I'm trying it mixed in my salads for the time being. Sigh. I though I was of sterner stuff.

Beth near Buffalo

I mix mine with 4 oz of Sparkling Ice drink, for me the grapefruit one is the tastiest, then the 1 T of ACV. Then just sip with a straw. No worries if its not for you, not everyone does it. Do what works for you. I have a GF that had been using bit and had issues with her stool. It just did a number on her intestinal tract. She most likely took it straight though.
    Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Today I vented on my Navy Mom Strong site, and this was what I posted:
    It was cathartic💖👍
    "So I am venting. I do that from time to time. Its how I process what life throws at me. Today I recognized the fact that I have various triggers. Having my eldest sailor on deployment in or round Japan has triggered me mourning the fact that my youngest sailor in Japan doesn't communicate. My eldest sailor communicates with me weekly when he can. My youngest sailor has chosen to be silent. I don't have a good phone number for youngest, he doesn't respond to emails, and has dropped off any social media sites, nor do I get any letters. Throughout my years as a Navy wife, and a Navy mom, family has always been coming home or leaving. I am the constant. When my husband would come home, I would tell friends and family, "husband is coming home, we'll connect back up in a month". Now husband is retired, we are the constant for each other. I have so much grief about things I have no control over, and though I do think I have amazing coping skills, I need to let a lot of the grief about my youngest go. I will always be his mom, always here with open arms, but carrying around the burden of not knowing his life, well its exhausting. My sister thinks I have given up so much of myself being there for Navy husband, being a proper wife and mom, being that " ambassador " of what American women should be when stationed overseas. They don't get it, and talking with my eldest sister about it today, I told her she needs to accept that whole side of me. Its like 95% of who I am, and I got the feeling like she's resented my husband for it all these 37 years . So we talked about that, along with shedding many tears. Also one of my go to coping mechanisms. Its hard for family to understand our sacrifice. I told her I gave my kids to the Navy. She said, "don't say that"! That response is evidence of a civilian mindset. I wish things could be different, but life isn't always fair. Thanks admins for letting me post, and heck, if you have read this far, you are golden to me💖👍⚓."
  • Whidislander
    Options
    So I posted this on my Navy moms site. It was cathartic💖👍.

So I am venting. I do that from time to time. Its how I process what life throws at me. Today I recognized the fact that I have various triggers. Having my eldest sailor on deployment in or round Japan has triggered me mourning the fact that my youngest sailor in Japan doesn't communicate. My eldest sailor communicates with me weekly when he can. My youngest sailor has chosen to be silent. I don't have a good phone number for youngest, he doesn't respond to emails, and has dropped off any social media sites, nor do I get any letters. Throughout my years as a Navy wife, and a Navy mom, family has always been coming home or leaving. I am the constant. When my husband would come home, I would tell friends and family, "husband is coming home, we'll connect back up in a month". Now husband is retired, we are the constant for each other. I have so much grief about things I have no control over, and though I do think I have amazing coping skills, I need to let a lot of the grief about my youngest go. I will always be his mom, always here with open arms, but carrying around the burden of not knowing his life, well its exhausting. My sister thinks I have given up so much of myself being there for Navy husband, being a proper wife and mom, being that " ambassador " of what American women should be when stationed overseas. They don't get it, and talking with my eldest sister about it today, I told her she needs to accept that whole side of me. Its like 95% of who I am, and I got the feeling like she's resented my husband for it all these 37 years . So we talked about that, along with shedding many tears. Also one of my go to coping mechanisms. Its hard for family to understand our sacrifice. I told her I gave my kids to the Navy. She said, "don't say that"! That response is evidence of a civilian mindset. I wish things could be different, but life isn't always fair. Thanks admins for letting me post, and heck, if you have read this far, you are golden to me💖👍⚓.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Worked then went to Aldi then Food Lion since Aldi didn’t have the chicken thighs I wanted and I don't like WalMart’s. Besides, I got $5 off. Then went to the dollar store to see about distilled water for Vince but I’ll have to go to another Dollar General. Home and made brownies to take to Jess and chicken to bake for the freezer to have another day. Will probably make turkey burgers for me for another day. Tonight we have a Crawdads (baseball, they are the minor league for Arizona) game with the Newcomers. Made hard boiled eggs in the IP since I get so hungry after work on Fridays and then the soup kitchen I’ll take a few with me to have before I go to the soup kitchen. Right now I’m making rice in the IP for us to have another day.

Tracey – big congratulations on the new addition! Plus getting the payroll straightened out

Ginny – if I were you, I would definitely want a new doctor with more efficient office personnel. Update: so glad you got it worked out

Betsy dear – (BIG HUG) Don’t be surprised if the horses give you extra loving. Animals seem to know exactly what we need. I’m so glad for your that you’re getting away to Alaska for the summer. Have a great time

Terri – good thoughts for Helen

Sue WA – welcome Lorelai Rose!

Went to the local baseball team’s game tonight with the Newcomers. There is a new clock and the pitcher only has a few seconds to throw the ball, this made the game go a lot faster. We were out by 9:30 (it started at 7). They had hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. but I brought a turkey sandwich. I really didn’t want the greasy hamburgers. But I did have the ice cream. Well, I logged that. I'm thinking that Steve usually comes up in May on his way to PA, so if it works out, that might be something he'd enjoy.

Michele NC
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Heather - I love reading about your adventures.

Ginny - I agree, we have 3 unions plus management. It’s been a mess.
    I hope you were able to get the prescription straightened out.

Betsy- I don’t like that you have to experience it, but I like the name you have given your grief moments.

Terri - prayers for your friend.
    I have several friends that I’ve known for years but don’t get to see any of them often at all. I miss having friends to hang out with.

Annie - I keep tracking even on the “way over” days it helps me at least be aware of how bad it is.

Vicki - this will be this daughter and son in law’s first. This is the daughter that was married in 2019.
    I am so missing the elementary shows. They haven’t allowed any yet here. I feel bad for the things the young ones are missing out on . It’s not like they’ll get that time back.

I will be so happy when I can post pics again from an iPhone. I’ve been busy on ceramics and would like to share what I’ve done.

Tracey in Edmonton