Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    u81kfc8xxbu7.png
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Happy Sunday! I had a wonderful morning yesterday with my two sisters in law. We haven't gotten together in person since pre covid. We used to meet for walks and brunch every couple months, so hopefully, yesterday was our first of that same routine. Just chatting about nature, food, grandkids (we are all new-ish grandmas). I am the only one still working (they are 7 and 9 years older than me and retired) so we chatted about my work and they both offered help with upcoming projects; which was nice, but I won't hold them to it. Just a really nice morning. After that I got my shopping done with an added trip to JCPenney for some towels, pillows, and sheet sets. Great sale. Got home, got stuff put away, ate a salad and some soup, then went for a walk. It got up to 75F yesterday! It was lovely! Cooler today, projected high in the mid 60 range. Rainy, too. But that is okay, as I have paperwork to do.
    Machka- Looks like a restful weekend!
    Rebecca- That is some ship! Those are the kinds of ships I like to tour! So interesting!
    Pip- I have been watching your stats; you are amazing! So happy you are recuperating comfortably (without much pain/new injury)! Hugs to you!
    Barbara- My DH uses a leg wedge! He can't sleep comfortably without it.
    Adjustable beds- Eventually this is something I might like. There are days/nights when I am having a hard time breathing due to colds that being able to raise the head of my bed would be nice. Otherwise, I am not comfortable doing anything other than sleep/sex in bed. I am a side sleeper (mostly); but when I get into bed I have to stretch a bit and relax each body part; and I have to do that lying flat on my back, no pillow. I start at my toes, relaxing each body part. I usually say "sleep, sleep, sleep" to each part. By the time I get to my brain, I am sufficiently tired and roll to the side, head on two flat firm pillows and cocoon myself in blankets and drift off. If I have slept sound, I will not have moved all night. IF not, I generally wake a little every time I change positions as I have to remove pillows, blankets, etc...

Netflix...have any of you watched Game Changers?! It is a documentary about an hour and a half long. All about plant based eating. Very, very interesting!

I better scoot. Time flies and all of that! I was thinking of running to the store for some egg noodles (I forgot to grab them yesterday), but I just looked up an easy noodle recipe and I have everything to make them...so...going to give that a try today. love and hugs to you all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I sleep with a single pretty flat pillow under my head. I've tried sleeping with a wedge under my head and shoulders but I just slipped off of it. I move around too much when I sleep.

It's a beautiful sunny day here. I got started by rinsing Teddy, who now needs a hygeinic clip. And a toenail clip. Later, I have bills to pay but not too much to do.

I might try some stretches today and some yoga tomorrow. My knee is feeling pretty good. Hope you all are feeling good,

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have a bright, bright sunshiny day this morning. I hope for a happy day. 🌸
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    KATLA, those chairs look AMAZING! Wish I could afford that just for my office! Oh man... to sit in something like that all day would be wonderful. Of course, I'd probably fall asleep.

Ahhhh Lanette, lovely WA. Yes, but you get far too much rain for my taste, I believe. At least that's what I've heard. Or maybe that's just on the coast. And it is 44 right now, but it did reach 73 yesterday and then we got SLAMMED with horrible rain, wind and lightening last night!!! Harley was VERY angry!

Allie, I don't know about an adjustable bed, but I definitely need a new mattress! I got the most wonderful mattress from our daughter but it's SO HOT. I've tried mattress pads to no avail. And yes, I know it's partially ME, but I'm hoping that someone here might have an idea for me for a GREAT mattress or mattress pad that is good for someone who sleeps HOT.

Rebecca, that's AWESOME! It always amazes me to see those ships up close. Floating cities. Most people have no idea. Anne was out on a MEU on one of those "big rigs" and we had Caddie for eight months. We were very Blessed that it wasn't in a "scary" area.

Love you. Have a GREAT week.

Carla, in MN
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    “If you were given the opportunity to acquire a new qualification of some sort, what would you choose?

Machka in Oz””

I think I would finish my adult education masters then go for a psychology degree.

RvRita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    The original pair of Stressless Chairs were with us more than 30 years. One of the chairs wore out to the point of uselessness, but the other is still in reasonably good condition. We’re giving it to our nephew. We bought our new chairs through our local furniture store. I hope this pair lasts for another 30 years.

• rsnsza
    rsnsza Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I remember the day I figured out that I was too old for law school, meaning if I borrowed for the tution, my remaining working years would not be enough to pay it back. So sad. I always wanted to go to law school. I should have done it after I left the military, but my ex wasn't supportive. I don't know if I have the energy anymore.

If I had to go back to work, I might start by getting a programming or networking IT certification. Maybe in Android. But I would look at the job sites to see what employers want. I'm too practical to follow my heart when it comes to money.

On the other hand, I could learn to paint or sketch or something. That would be cool. And I have been thinking some about a pharmacy technician certification, because the knowledge would be useful, and it sounds like a fun retirement job.

So really I have no idea which one I would choose.

Annie in Delaware who is happy to be retired 😊
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Well ol Allie sprang for it..I went to Ashley Furniture first and they wanted 8 grand for a temperpedic and base. ,nope..
    So then I went to Bobs discount furniture.. had to go upstairs.. that was rough.. had to rest after getting up there.. but had a nice young man walk me around and we checked out different bases and mattresses.
    It was sort of goldilocks.. some were to soft ,some were to hard.. but found one that was just right..
    It will take 6-8 weeks to get it buts thats ok.. im looking forward to it.. and less than 1/2 the price of other place
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    In reply to Machka's post, every day is a learning day. I love to learn. There is no end to it. :D

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    :) I don't see more formal education in my future- Like a new degree... but I would love some quilting classes, and foraging classes. I think I would enjoy taking one, maybe more of the Roads Scholar programs (senior educational travel)

Kim

Kim ... I have been intrigued by the advertisements I've seen for the Roads Scholar Travel programs. I'm not certain that my husband and I are physically fit enough for some of their adventures, but surely there are some that are for folks like me. I hate to travel with crowds and like to linger over things more than the average tour group allows for.

Beth