Women 200lb+, Let's Have A Momentous May!!!

Options

Replies

• seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am very behind on posts so a little #tagparty.

@CupcakeCrusoe - did you knit that sweater yourself?!?! I'm impressed! So sorry the baby is still unwell and I hope she's better today.

@rockitwell86 - Hope you're feeling better and better post-COVID.

@mmdeveau - I adore the Skinnytaste website and her cookbooks! That site is my go-to when I don't know what I want to cook and is also the majority of my pinned recipes on Pinterest.

@JAC581 - I took my Emgality this week, too! :lol: I think it helped clear out the migraine I'd been dealing with for ages though....that and the weather change. I hope you're feeling better today. I know how miserable it is to live with migraines.

@lmgoff232 - I LOVE hearing about your bikini! Way to go!!!!! I hope I hit a point where I feel comfy doing that, though I know I still have a longggg way to go.

@sbortnick - Congrats on hoofing it up that mountain! An amazing NSV and testament to the work you've been putting in. Plus, you're gaining valuable family experiences and memories - great motivation to keep on keeping on. :smile:

I started a free trial for a mobility/flexibility program to help me be focused on stretching and improving my flexibility. We'll see if I end up keeping it, but after my first session yesterday I felt so good. Even better than a yoga practice, so I'm optimistic.

TOM hit unexpectedly yesterday, so that's been fun. Saw a little corresponding jump in weight but it's already drifted back down a bit today. The 23Xs are in sight!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,552 Member
    Options
    I’m debating doing my weekly weigh in tomorrow morning instead of Saturday morning. I’m hosting a girls movie night on Friday and plan to eat whatever appeals to me. If I weigh Saturday morning I’m going to see the immediate result of movie night and don’t want to discourage myself. I have 3 ladies coming over to watch Hysteria and they are each bringing a daughter so my kid has her own movie party upstairs at the same time. They are going to watch Turning Red. Since everyone is bringing stuff we’ll have charcuterie, veggie tray, homemade sorbet and smoothie bowls (my friend with her Ninja Creami is bringing everything for those!), popcorn, movie candy, cookies…. Calories don’t count when it’s girls night in, right?

I didn't get a regular workout in yesterday as planned but I did sweep the floor, run laundry and do household things during my lunch hour. Definitely a benefit of working from home. Plus, that led my fitbit to believe I had a workout so I think it should totally count.

@lmgoff232 Woot! Bikini!!! That’s a fantastic NSV.

@sbortnick I’m so impressed! I love to do small hikes but I have 2 bad knees and a bad hip that if I overtax is a big problem. That’s fantastic! Great job!

@CupcakeCrusoe So sorry to hear about everyone having the yucks. I bought new tank tops for workouts in what I hoped was my size and they are too snug for my liking…. So instead of sending them back they are now my next NSV goal. They fit but way too snug so once I’m comfortable in them I’ll count it as a win.

@JAC581 My daughter and I did his 20 minute Christmas workout this morning. LOL. She LOVES Christmas music so that was a fun way to wake up this morning. I hope the migraines pass quickly.
  • JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    TOM hit unexpectedly yesterday, so that's been fun. Saw a little corresponding jump in weight but it's already drifted back down a bit today. The 23Xs are in sight!

Are you me?? Emgality in the same week and now TOM arriving unexpectedly (mine came three days early today). I also just hit the 23Xs this week!
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    SW May 2022: 183.6
    GW this month: 180
    Goal for 2022: reach maintenance (160-170?)

5/5/22 - 183 (-0.6lbs)
    5/12/22 - 183 (-0.0)
    5/19/22 - 182 (-1.0)
    5/26/22 - 183.2 (+1.2)

May Loss: 0.4lb
    LTD: 87.9 lbs

I actually saw 181 for a few days this week before my weight jumped back up. I am having so much trouble exiting the 180's. I've been in what seems to be a stall for about 3 months now and just can't seem to break through. I am debating if I should switch to maintenance for a longer period or try to buckle down and increase my deficit... I feel like my logging is pretty accurate, I use a food scale and try to pick accurate entries. It's just getting so frustrating...
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    JAC581 wrote: »

Are you me?? Emgality in the same week and now TOM arriving unexpectedly (mine came three days early today). I also just hit the 23Xs this week!

FREAKY FRIDAY MOMENT!!!!! :lol:
  • sbortnick
    sbortnick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe- I’m sorry to hear your babe is sick! Its so hard when the little ones are sick! Good job on continuing logging when you have a sick kid. Its easy to “give up” when life is hard. I may just be speaking for myself. Also, I went back and looked at the sweater pic! Such a cool sweater!!!
    @pamperedlinny- Enjoy ladies night! Remember one day off does not undo all the work you have put in. Just get back to logging the next day. Also, I am excited for those new shirts to fit you. I like having a goal shirt. I have one in my drawer I will try on next week to see how close I am.
    @JAC581- Congrats on hitting the 23X!!! I always see how consistent you are in logging! Keep up the good work!
  • rockitwell86
    rockitwell86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!

I'm pretty certain TOM is heading my way also. The scale is up even though I'm back to eating & tracking better. Although I've definitely been struggling with water & haven't been walking since I got the Rona 2 weeks ago. I'm really hoping my walking partner wants to walk this evening. I know if I'm left to do it on my own it won't happen. It's also fun just to get with her and gossip. :D

I've had zero focus today at work & can't wait to go home. Totally forgot to take meat out of the freezer for dinner, so I don't know what I'll be having tonight. Part of me just wants to curl up & take veg out this evening even though I know I shouldn't.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!

I've had zero focus today at work & can't wait to go home. Totally forgot to take meat out of the freezer for dinner, so I don't know what I'll be having tonight. Part of me just wants to curl up & take veg out this evening even though I know I shouldn't.
    I hate those days. Breakfast for dinner? a nice egg scramble full of veggies...?

Good luck either way.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that at the beginning of my long walk today I was walking very energetically and relatively fast for me until I stepped down and felt a twinge in my bad knee. I considered stopping since it was the wrong type of twinge but decided to slow up a bit and concentrate on how I was walking. After a few more twinges I decided to keep going but if I had another twinge to turn back. I was disappointed because I planned a longer walk today and I have had less knee problems with walking recently. Well no more twinges and I went ahead and did the planned walk.

@_manny_702 Congrats on getting into Onderland and that is well within too.

@CupcakeCrusoe Cute sweater. I hope you all stay well now.

@rockitwell86 glad you are feeling better. I am on Goodreads. I am usually ahead of my Reading challenge too. I have the same user name on there KeriA. This year I was went back and started a series at the beginning so all the books in it that I reread don’t count in my challenge.

AS to the egg roll bowls. I have been making Hawaiian Chicken Long rice which is with bean threads or some people call them cellophane noodles. I vary what Asian vegetables I put in but it definitely has the ginger, garlic and sesame oil in the sauce. There is no rice involved. I love peanut sauce.

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Glad to be back and Thank you @RavenStCloud for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 65 NOW! 5'4", Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22-155 lbs. Down 100.2 lbs so far!
    4/1/22-156.4 lbs
    5/1/22-158.8 lbs. :-( No way is this actual with all the Elliptical miles Friday, yesterday and stayed way under calories for what I was allotted. Hoping for a whoosh soon. Did Elliptical 300 minutes for 22.3 miles in first session and 54 minutes for 4.2 miles for 26.5 miles total today. Hopefully that gets me heading downward again. (Did long times on Friday 228 minutes and Saturday 240 minutes too.)
    5/8/22-148 lbs :-) Glad for the whoosh of water retention from my OK trip.
    5/15/22- 159.6 lbs. Well a short lived whoosh! I know its mainly water weight. Had more carbs the last 2 nights than my usual. Glad I didn't hit the 160's! Elliptical today 130 minutes for 10 miles.
    5/21/22-157.4 lbs
    No real exercise today. Driving 3 hours to the "Thunder over Dover (Delaware)" Air show today. The Blue Angels & the Thunderbirds are performing for the first time together. It was great as I expected, as I've seen them both before, and just got back a bit ago. Long day in 90+ degree heat. Least there was a bit of a breeze at times. And lots of places to sit under aircraft wings, in their shade. I've seen them before. If you haven't and get the opportunity to see them or the Snowbirds of Canada, it is well worth a drive and amazing to see at least once in your life.
    May 22-156.2 lbs Got a bit of sunburn from yesterday, cheeks, nose, upper chest area front and back and a bit of light pink on my arms. Guess I should have applied my sunscreen a few more times. We are expecting thunderstorms this afternoon, so mowed my grass. I figure I can be on the Elliptical when it's raining. Did 180 minutes for 13.2 miles. Hadn't been on it since last Sunday, as Dr appointment Tuesday AM and errands all afternoon into early evening. I don't work tomorrow till 10, so if I get to bed soon I may do an hour or 2 before work. Didn't do it. Guess I needed the extra sleep.

May 26-153.6 lbs Thought I'd slip in a extra weigh day post for this week.
    I worked today, so not a usual exercise day. But we didn't have many patients to fill my 10 hour day so I got to leave 2 hours and 40 minutes early. I thought, "I'll put the time to good use and hop on my Elliptical for 2 1/2 hours." Well as I said above, it can get a bit addicting. I have to finish a show/movie, get a certain number of minutes or a even mileage. I ended up doing 185 minutes for 13.1 miles. It's hard to get minutes and miles all even at the same time!!!

I also thought I would share with you all I NSV I posted on another thread 2 days ago.

I have thought about this before but never thought of it as being a NSV till today and don’t remember anyone ever posting this one before.

I can wear horizontal stripes now and don’t feel fat or subconscious that it makes me look wider than I am!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Friday weigh in day!

Christina
    33 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW: 200.4
    Halfway GW: 183
    UGW: 150
    4/29 CW: 189.4

May goals! 🌷🌷🌷

🤍Log every food in grams. :grey_question: (I thought so, but... maybe not)
    🤍 Get 7k steps every day, no excuses ❌ (been averaging about 5k/day)
    🤍 Lift weights 3x week ❌ (this goal is going away next month in favor of pole)
    🤍 More than 100g protein every day ✅
    🤍 20 minutes to clean each day ✅

Weigh-ins:
    5/6: 188.8 (-0.6)
    5/13: 186.8 (-2)
    5/20: 187.2 (+0.4)
    5/27: 188.4 (+1.2)

Well, this is frustrating. Time to tighten up on my logging, make sure I really am logging everything in grams. I'm not going to lower my calories from the 1700s just yet, as I promised myself I'd give it three weeks, and it's been two (two stressful weeks, full of TOM and water retention from exercise- ovulation's the beginning of next week, although I have no pattern for that). I don't gain on 1700ish calories, so we keep on keeping on, just have to make sure my logging is accurate.

Also on the docket for this weekend: take some measurements and another bikini pic, just to counter this feeling that I'm not going anywhere.

And even if my progress has slowed down significantly, it hasn't stopped yet.
    uow8wqei4gnm.png

2031, lol. 2031, here I come!

I haven't come this far to only come this far, so I'm not going to ragequit. I'm going to log everything in grams, even the pizza and beer I have planned for tonight, and keep going.

Tag party!
    @JAC581 I do love zumba youtube videos on rainy days.

@seltzer_lover I did! Thank you! I'm pretty proud of getting through that part myself- it took...a long time, lol.

@pamperedlinny your mother-daughter movie night sounds like a blast! Have fun!

@sandielewis2001 I know these feels, as you can tell from the above, lol. If you saw 181 this week, that is your weight without some water your body is holding. So you are making progress! Keep on keeping on, and trust your lows!

@sbortnick thanks, it is way easy to stress-eat, for me. Maybe too easy, lol. And thanks about the sweater. :smiley:

@rockitwell86
    I've had zero focus today at work...Part of me just wants to curl up & take veg out this evening even though I know I shouldn't.
    Why not? Recovery from Rona is frustrating, because it does take a lot out of you, but I might suggest you take it extremely easy on yourself for a little while. Weight loss is made in the kitchen, after all.

@kenziestabes WOOHOOO 🥳🥳🥳

@sargemarcori eggs are 100% my go-to meal when I'm by myself, lol

@KeriA lots of good news! A loss, didn't catch COVID, and Youngest is better for their birthday! I hope your knee was just having an off day. Do you have a compression sleeve, or something like that, that might help stabilize your knee? I used mine a lot when I was running for knee twinges.

@swimmom_1 your elliptical workout, after work even?? Wow. And you're making progress toward your goal. :smiley:

Happy Friday, everyone!
    weight.png
  • swimmom_1
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe Only did the elliptical after work on Wednesday because I got out a few hours early. Figured it might be a sign or at least a good opportunity.
  • swimmom_1
    Options
    @justanotherloser007 Hi! Where have you been? Hope everything is ok. Just letting you know your missed.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

189 today. I do not know what is going on, I'm also still spotting, almost a week after my period has been over. I do know I haven't been eating enough to gain, so I'm still not going to worry about it. Even if my logging hasn't been the most consistent, it hasn't been that inconsistent. I've also had a terrible night's sleep last night and the last few nights, and I know sleep matters, too.

Anyway. Today, I make a plan for June, for meals, for workouts, for everything. And I clean house, and I do some pre-cooking for the month. Three day weekends are great for resetting the house to suit my expectations. And, of course, logging everything in grams, trying to stay around 1700, which is a little tougher on the weekend- usually I allow myself a couple hundred more than that on the weekend, but I am prioritizing seeing that scale move in the right direction, lol.

Tag party time!
    @preparedlinny very nice! Enjoy your break, and have fun at Dollywood, if you go!

@sargemarcori there is no way you gained 4 lbs, you're absolutely right. Jumping back in is the right move. :smiley:

@swimmom_1 you're right, I do miss @justanotherloser007 around here. I hope she's doing okay, she was going through it the last time she posted. :heart:

Have a good Saturday, everyone!
    weight.png