What was your "last straw"???

Options

Replies

• LaLa52517
    Options
    I am tired of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin. I feel gross and I don't even want my husband to look at me. I hate agonizing over getting dressed or figuring out what is going to hide all my problem areas.
  • Evelyn1189
    Evelyn1189 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My last straw was earlier this week. I've been trying to lose weight for the last 7-8 years and eventually I lost almost 100 lbs but I'm still about 20-30 lbs overweight. Earlir this week, my boyfriend's friend passed some nasty comments on my weight and when I learned about it I just felt so sick I started to cry. Later that night I found MFP and for the last 3 days I've been using it regularly and I already feel better.
  • Wanderson1311
    Wanderson1311 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My daughter had fallen off her bike and got hurt. I was not far from her but far enough that it seemed like it took forever to get to her. Once I got to her I was so out of breath that I thought I was going to die. Once I got my daughter all taken care of, I sat down on the couch and cried. What if she was fatally injured and I couldn't have gotten to her because of my weight. What would have happen if I had clasped because I was overweight and out of breath. That is when I also started thinking about other things, like what else have I missed out on with my kids due to my weight? What have my kids missed out on because of my weight? That is when I made the vow to do something different. I started walking, watching what I ate, drinking more water and working out.

Now after typing and rereading this I kind of helps put things back on track.. At first I had lost about 80 pounds but since then I have put on roughly about 30 pounds. I struggle more and more each day.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I lost 3.5 stone and then gotcomplacent and put back on 3 stone. I realsised that I was struggling with my bigger clothes fitting. That made me get my butt in gear!
  • IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Joined mfp about two years ago because a friend of mine wanted to go low carb. A month later I quit logging because the scale was moving slower for me. Then six months after that, I started logging again to try watching my calories. I quit again because the weight was just moving so slowly.

The "last straw" was in Dec. 2012 when I went to the doctor for a rash. My blood pressure was high. I was put on blood pressure meds that made me feel awful. I stopped taking them and started using mfp to track my sodium intake. I have only lost 25 pounds. Guess I will never lose weight as fast as I would like, but my blood pressure is staying normal. Can't seem to get rid of the rash though lol!
  • aurora_simone
    Options
    Thanks for the all the inspiring stories. I'm hoping this is my last straw. I am just tired of being tired. I've been steadily adding weight since having my baby 2 years ago. I need to lose around 15 pounds. I am afraid of becoming my mother.She has Type II diabetes and overweight. I have family members who have lost limbs because of it. I don't want to go down that road.
  • angelwings0110
    angelwings0110 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    May sound funny to some of you, but I love deer hunting. My "last straw" was this past January when I shot a buck and had to track him. He had gone down a hill, I had to stop several times while walking back up the hill because I got so winded. I was so exhausted after field dressing him that I could barely catch my breath. That is what made me decide it was time for drastic change. I have more energy now and stamina. Still want to loose another 15lbs before November deer season starts, but I'm well on my way.
  • mere521
    mere521 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I couldn't put my fat jeans on! Gained 30 pounds after getting into the best shape of my life last year. I underwent shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago, started walking, and joined here last weekend. I knew the weight was piling; ashamed but told myself I will start again and be nice to myself once my surgery was over and I felt better in recovery. Starting now with walking, hoping to do Brazil butt lift next, Chalene extreme, etc .... need to get back to me!!!
  • micscout
    micscout Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately is was a recent medical diagnosis, plus the AMA declaring obesity as a disease. If I stay this way it WILL shorten my life. Thats not fair to me or my family. I really hope it works this time. Thank you
  • brooks4320
    Options
    I have had several last straws and, unfortunately, I kept falling off the wagon after a few weeks and a little progress. This time feels a lot different to me and the final straw was not fitting in my favorite jeans. I came off a divorce diet at my lowest weight in over a decade. When I put on a few pounds and started feeling comfortable with myself I bought these jeans that fit beautifully and made me feel so confident. More recently, I have had to struggle into them and a few days ago just could not fit in them at all. That was my last straw. I'm doing it this time and I'm going to keep the weight off!
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What was your "last straw" or the thing that sent you to MFP?

There were a few things that finally made me realize it was time to do something about my weight.

My back would hurt just from walking around the grocery store.

Most of my shirts felt to tight to wear. I hate having to buy bigger sizes.

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks

Sorry if this is a repeat. For the tickers go click on APPS then Tickers.

Mary

PS...How do I add my tracker to my posts? I love seeing everyone elses progress and would like to share as well.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This did not post the correct way.

Sorry if this is a repeat. For the tickers go click on APPS then Tickers.
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I had BEEN sick of looking at myself for a while, but I just didn't do anything about it. Probably due to all the Tegretol I take for Trigeminal Neuralgia-it makes me soooooooo tired. Well, in mid-May, we went to the beach. I had to buy a big one-piece swimsuit with the skirt around the bottom. I felt HUGE! THAT was when I decided to do something about it. Once we got home, I got started. It's been a slow process. I've only lost about 15 lbs in 3 months, but I already feel better about how I look. I have about 23 more to go and I AM getting there! :-)
  • fee_lee
    fee_lee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me if I was pregnant...I was not.
  • d4ley1
    d4ley1 Posts: 73
    Options
    great question for me it was my daughters wedding photos where i looked like a very bloated version of myself that was last november im 50lb down so far
  • tiger4nikki
    Options
    I had BEEN sick of looking at myself for a while, but I just didn't do anything about it. Probably due to all the Tegretol I take for Trigeminal Neuralgia-it makes me soooooooo tired. Well, in mid-May, we went to the beach. I had to buy a big one-piece swimsuit with the skirt around the bottom. I felt HUGE! THAT was when I decided to do something about it. Once we got home, I got started. It's been a slow process. I've only lost about 15 lbs in 3 months, but I already feel better about how I look. I have about 23 more to go and I AM getting there! :-)
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Arthritis in both my knees. Not the most pleasant wake up calls.
  • tiger4nikki
    Options
  • clem1276jp
    Options
    The scales were screaming when I stepped on them. I couldn't believe the weight and thought enough was enough, I was eating myself into an early grave
  • deedee85
    deedee85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    my work clothes are tight. and I refuse to buy a bigger size, i look like a busted can of biscuits (which is not sexy)
This discussion has been closed.