C25k

Options
Anyone just starting c25k that wants to join me and help motivate ? Starting tomorrow at week 1 day 1. I have started and stopped this program numerous times and completed it once.
Add me if you want to join along and also looking for some motivation
Cheers
Sandi

Replies

• LillianandJoanne
    LillianandJoanne Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi Sandi. I'm up for the challenge. What do we do on day one?
  • pdeboise87
    pdeboise87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandi! First off all, good on you for starting again! I tried the program on and off for about 15 years and then 2years ago I finally made a breakthrough. I went from C25K and moved on to 10km and last year I actually completed a marathon! I found the hardest bit was the transition from 5-10. I found running boring to be honest but once I got to being able to run an hour non stop I felt like I reached "the next level"

It was long enough that I could put on a good podcast and just get lost in the conversation that was going on or learn something new.

What got me over the line is that I gave myself 1 year to run a 2hour half marathon and I managed to do it. Setting goals and races is what helped me, so my next race is a 10km in about a month and then I move on to a 24km in July.

I am currently completely in love with trail running and getting out there for 1-2hrs when I go training helps me so much with my mental health and recharge the batteries for my work and family live!

And you know what, I still weigh 100kg's but I feel healthy. And yes I want to lose more weight (which is why I am here in the first place) and I imagine it will come eventually once I find what works for me, just like it did with running.

I think what is most important is that you find what works for you. For me it was planning and booking races, setting myself specific goals or goal times to achieve and then showing up on the start line.

I don't know if there are any parkruns near you but this could be a great goal to set yourself, they are free runs, organised all over the world on a saturday morning. 5KM and a bunch of people organise them voluntarily.

Nobody will care about your pace and it's a great little running community!

I wish you all the best on this journey and I hope you find what works for you, and most importantly that you have fun doing it!
  • LillianandJoanne
    LillianandJoanne Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I joined parkruns near me. I go Sunday. I better get out today and see what I can do.
  • levinemr1
    levinemr1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im on week 3! Feel free to add me and we can be accountability buddies!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I loved the program! I advise that you don't need to up your workout every time. You can repeat a workout as many times as you need or even drop back a workout if one is too hard. It took me a year to master the 5k. I still do intervals sometimes at the track or on the treadmill.