What to eat before walking

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I can't. Really. Seriously?

Learn to accept that your desire for food isn't always hunger.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    What snack might you eat if you weren't walking? Can you eat it while walking? If YES. That.

If NO. What snack might you eat that you can eat while walking. That.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I dunno, how about maybe vegan food?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of suggestions...

...but none that are on the list of foods OP eats.

Best of luck in figuring this one out.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Whatever the hell you want because walking isn't that serious and doesn't take a special diet to maintain? :huh:

Like. Put some peanut butter on your banana or throw the banana into some oatmeal, idk. Maybe some flax or whatever people eat these days.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking raspberry ketones or some sort of cauliflower pancake would be lite enough and not bug you on your walk.

I personally would walk to the coffee shop to get breakfast and coffee and walk back...2 birds/1 stone

:flowerforyou:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You are most likely not hungry but thirsty. Just take water with you. Your body is not going to starve if you dont eat for a 2 mile walk. If you are getting tired from walking then I'm guessing more sleep is needed. Try water 1st.

Meh, almost 3 hours after waking and jus a banana if be hangry.

OP - like others have said, whatever you want. No special diet required. I'd add some nuts. Or do an oatmeal with fruit and nuts. Or vegan protein shake (with fat added). In case you don't see where I'm going here, fat and protein keep you full.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Whatever the hell you want because walking isn't that serious and doesn't take a special diet to maintain? :huh:

Like. Put some peanut butter on your banana or throw the banana into some oatmeal, idk. Maybe some flax or whatever people eat these days.

Wait. Walking isn't that serious?

Damnit tell me that now. I've just walked half a marathon before 1:30pm & will have walked double that by the time I get back from the supermarket.

Walking not serious? Since when?
  • BeachIron
    Options

Damnit tell me that now. I've just walked half a marathon before 1:30pm & will have walked double that by the time I get back from the supermarket.

Try hiking 60 miles with a 60 pound pack through mountains with no sleep.

Walking little Toto isn't serious.

And a walking a half marathon? My 7 y.o. has walked further than that with me.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

A 2 mile walk in an hour- hour and a half with her dog isn't the same as walking for hours on end or at really quick paces.
    Walking doesn't tend to cause a lot of stomach problems like it does with running (cycling doesn't tend to either).
    It also doesn't burn huge amounts of calories to the point where you need to worry about refuelling until you get to the extremes.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Since always. Just because you walk far doesn't somehow increase the seriousness, I'm afraid.

I walk everywhere (I don't drive) and I can assure you at no stage have I thought to myself "Damn, this is hard. I need a special snack."
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

A day....I walk a marathon a day, every day. Have done since November. Try doing that daily, with 4 hours sleep a night & then carrying all your grocery shopping as well....daily.

Yeah walking the dog aint serious but damnit to generalize ALL walking as not serious?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Edited because read response.

You walk 26 miles everyday? Ummm.....okay :flowerforyou:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana with a good quality peanut butter with 2 cups of coffee almost eveyrday. I eat at about 7 and then eat lunch around 11:30. The other bonus is it makes it easy to record my breakfast with quick tools. It is important to have some kind of protein before your walk. Your body cannot make protein. Without enough ingested protein your body will get its protein from your muscles. Instead of building muscle when you walk you might might actually lose muscle. Why do think body builders eat all those protein shakes?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

Since always. Just because you walk far doesn't somehow increase the seriousness, I'm afraid.

I walk everywhere (I don't drive) and I can assure you at no stage have I thought to myself "Damn, this is hard. I need a special snack."

Nor have I. I don't drive, I walk everywhere. Hell I'll walk 17km just for a damn light-globe, 23km for mascara.
  • BeachIron
    Options

A day....I walk a marathon a day, every day. Have done since November. Try doing that daily, with 4 hours sleep a night & then carrying all your grocery shopping as well....daily.

Yeah walking the dog aint serious but damnit to generalize ALL walking as not serious?

Yes. Now carrying groceries is very serious work.

I stopped going to the gym, running and hiking with a pack so I could walk and carry groceries.

It's truly made all the difference.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

So you walked 26 miles? How long did that take you?

Depends on my mood, but it can take me about 4 hours if I'm in a great mood. Walking serious enough for you.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

Edited because read response.

You walk 26 miles at least 4x a week? Ummm.....okay :flowerforyou:

7 days a week..... EVERY DAY is 7 days.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Did we just witness a threadjacking?

Should one of us call 911 or something?
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

How many people actually walk a marathon a day?

Generally, the walking the average person does isn't serious. I'm pretty sure we are all aware that there are exceptions.