What to eat before walking

Options

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I asked him last time I was in for a check up and he told me not to go on a strict diet just to up my calorie by 500 calories and eat healthy foods, no refined sugars, flour or soft drinks? I thought about going on the herbalife diet? Does anyone know anything about it?

As far as the breastfeeding, you can enter it as a food … search for breastfeeding and there are several options. If you exclusively breast feed, go with one that gives you -500 calories, and eat back all those calories! I would also suggest eating back all your exercise calories (or nearly all) if you're less than 4 months post partum (or even less than 6).

As far as the herbalife diet, I would save your money and spend it on wholesome foods instead. There's no magic.
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    3 soft taco bell tacos
    1 reeses bar
    rolo ice cream
    fuzzy peaches
    beef jerky

you have every food group covered and now youre all fueled up for a long (hopefully un-cramped) walk

woop woop
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I happen to walk with a very serious limp. It never makes amusing anecdotes or quips. It also never laughs at my jokes, THAT's how I know my walking is serious.

You. I like.

yep. Certain comments that go better with bourbon
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I happen to walk with a very serious limp. It never makes amusing anecdotes or quips. It also never laughs at my jokes, THAT's how I know my walking is serious.

You. I like.

yep. Certain comments that go better with bourbon

And rum :drinker:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go out on a limb here, OP, and suggest you eat food before your walk.

I know, it's crazy. But, perhaps if you are hungry 3 hours after eating a banana and drinking coffee, you may want to have a piece of peanut butter toast, or take some trail mix with you. But don't take the trail mix with cashews in it with you, because as everyone knows, cashews are bad for walking. Very very bad.

As for how long before your walk you should eat: make sure it's at least 30 minutes before your walk if you are planning on doing it underwater.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I make a protein shake with rice protein and avocados. Get a hand blender they are 10 bucks.
  • jamesbowlin
    jamesbowlin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Whatever the hell you want because walking isn't that serious and doesn't take a special diet to maintain? :huh:

Like. Put some peanut butter on your banana or throw the banana into some oatmeal, idk. Maybe some flax or whatever people eat these days.

Walking isn't that serious is a matter of your opinion and really depends upon an individuals circumstances. Based upon your photo, a slim body like yours walking probably isn't that serious but for someone who weighs over 400lbs and hasn't exercised in a long time walking can be a very serious activity. Also it can depend upon the weather circumstances. It's much easier to walk in a warm climate but try walking for a while in over a foot of snow during the winter and then tell me it's not that serious. Then again you know what they say about opinions? They're like a-holes everybody's got one.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Whatever the hell you want because walking isn't that serious and doesn't take a special diet to maintain? :huh:

Like. Put some peanut butter on your banana or throw the banana into some oatmeal, idk. Maybe some flax or whatever people eat these days.

Walking isn't that serious is a matter of your opinion and really depends upon an individuals circumstances. Based upon your photo, a slim body like yours walking probably isn't that serious but for someone who weighs over 400lbs and hasn't exercised in a long time walking can be a very serious activity. Also it can depend upon the weather circumstances. It's much easier to walk in a warm climate but try walking for a while in over a foot of snow during the winter and then tell me it's not that serious. Then again you know what they say about opinions? They're like a-holes everybody's got one.

Hummmm. . . this isn't a bourbon qualifying comment.

I'm thinking more of crocodile tears comment. Yes. Salty tasty tears . . .
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Can we qualify what "serious" means cause I think I'm lost.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It's walking, anything you want/choose!
    It's running that you have to beware.
  • jamesbowlin
    Options

It means different things to different people. What's serious to you may not be serious to me and vice versa.
  • ICallBS
    ICallBS Posts: 12
    Options
    In for seeing how this ends.
  • jamesbowlin
    Options

True. Then again she would have a lot more things to beware of when running as well like Achilles Tendinitis, Runner's Knee, Pulled Hamstrings, Shinsplints, Stress Fractures and other various running related injuries.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

It means different things to different people. What's serious to you may not be serious to me and vice versa.

I thought this thread was about fuel for the exercise. For the most part, with some exceptions, you do not need to put serious consideration into fuelling your walks, regardless of weight.
  • BeachIron
    Options

True. Then again she would have a lot more things to beware of when running as well like Achilles Tendinitis, Runner's Knee, Pulled Hamstrings, Shinsplints, Stress Fractures and other various running related injuries.

I'm pretty sure she should stay on the couch then and eat potato chips then. It seems much safer. Plus, you know, all that sweating and and steaming, and the exertion, and the sort feet, and, and, WHEW! i'm tired just thinking about it. You know.
    It's late. I think I need a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Psst. For the most part - all of those injuries can go along with walking as well, or skipping, or exercise class, especially when going farther distances or carrying extra weight.
  • jamesbowlin
    Options

I thought this thread was about fuel for the exercise. For the most part, with some exceptions, you do not need to put serious consideration into fuelling your walks, regardless of weight.

Water is definitely needed as a fuel for walks especially when it's 95 degrees outside otherwise what could go wrong oh I don't know maybe dehydration.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Water is definitely needed as a fuel for walks especially when it's 95 degrees outside otherwise what could go wrong oh I don't know maybe dehydration.

Ok. I have no idea where that came from or how it relates to seriousness. Only one person brought up water. I thought the issue was hunger.
    And assuming she was well hydrated to start with, water isn't a necessity. Most people don't recommend water for running less than an hour in the same heat if you are hydrated.
    For an hour - hour and a half walk she isn't at a huge risk for dehydration.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE OP?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

What color is the sun in your world?