WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa — Happy Anniversary!!! You have found happiness with a wonderful man. He is so lucky to have you, and you are lucky to have him. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Today is 13 years married to this man who has made me happy in ways I couldn't have even imagined before I met him. Wedding pics in the spoiler:
    Our engagement photo - it was taken at the Annual Black & White Ball:
    8hklped8nzov.png

Getting married:
    3m2jb1seherf.png

My favorite photo of us, during our first dance:
    bs7himuhw1y5.png

My wedding bouquet:
    7gh39plt6ntc.png

Married now to this beautiful man.
    ek2qddprmcy1.png

Happyyyyy anniiiiiii! I never open spoilers, but I did this time. U look so pretty and happy
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit behind. We spent a few days in Phoenix (some might say the depths of "he**,") and then Sunday got packed with non-computer activity very quickly. It got to about 105F/40.6C in Phoenix, which was a bit chilly compared to the 116F/46.7C in Dateland (in the middle of the AZ desert near the southern border with Mexico). The good news is that I mostly emptied my freezer of all the baked goods I was storing in there by leaving them with the friends in Arizona.

Sunday, we did a run down at our favorite running place (because it's flat and has lovely views). I ran a 5K straight through, which is great for me. I'm trying to get back into my running again to the point I can do a 10K every weekend. I'm just trying to do it slowly so I don't ruin my knees.

Michele NC-I have had some pretty terrible coffee at 5 star resorts. Just because it's a Marriott or high end place, don't assume the coffee (or food for that matter) will be good. The 5 star place where we stayed in Panama (and where excellent coffee beans are grown) had some of the worst coffee we've had while traveling. The food was not even mediocre most of the time. Enjoy your pool weather!

Machka-Try using herbs, even just sprinkling Italian blend on your food. Strong ones like rosemary and thyme are also great for flavor without salt. I also love smoked paprika on just about anything. Hope your health situation improves soon!

Kim-So glad you're safe!

Heather-Wonderful photos! Looks like an amazing place! Thanks for sharing your travels with us.

Katla-I echo Machka. We're worried about your DH too.

Lisa-Lovely photos of your wedding day. You both look very happy.

Annie-You're doing so great with your consistency with your exercise.

Allie-Thinking good thoughts for you on your health.

Leslie-Great job on the calorie deficit.

Debbie-Hugs.

I know there is more I wanted to comment on, but I only have 4.5 more hours to get things done before the mister gets back home. So, off I go.

Have a great week, Ladies!

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    It appears most have had a fairly peaceful Sunday.

Debbie-I hope eating means MIL is on the mend and you will both not be needed quite as much.

Lisa and Lanette-I have not use the Ryobi battery mower but I have the trimmer and a couple of other items and have been very happy with them. They will be going to youngest son next weekend (along with my Honda push mower) for him to use on new house. I pay to get yard done so there will be a few more things purged!

Carla-congrats to daughter. Are you coming out to Canton?

Today was fairly productive. Did some more retirement living possibilities research (I will probably check different things nearly every day for a couple of months before final decision). Got a nice 4 mile walk in this morning-got some up hill walking in.

Heading of to get some sleep-work in the morning.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

that is what we are hoping too.
    This morning when I was there(stayed the night) she said she wanted to call the social worker to get help. It was too much for us to do. I told her she needs to be nice to dh and let him sleep when he is there. If she can do that, we will be ok.

Thanks Michelle- I sure never thought I would be doing all this- including cleaning her up and the bathroom/toilet seat after she made a huge mess like I just did this morning. Doing a LOT more than I planned. She has been nice to me.
    She wants to teach me how to cook the daikon she has in the fridge- she can't peel it. Says the meat that goes with it is already cooked.
    Now if we can just get her to be decent to my dh we will be ok.
    She can be alone when he has short shifts(3-4 hrs) and I will continue to do the full shifts and go over early so he can come home to sleep a few hours before going in to work.

This is my sleep from last night, and part of the "light sleep" i was awake but resting, trying to get to sleep
    yl26fomxifcw.png

One bad thing about being up super early, I am getting hungry a lot earlier than I usually do- usually don't eat until at least 12 but that is when I get up at 9. Up about 5:30 is making it hard. Going to make that hour of zumba tonight a bit hard too.

Lisa- thanks for sharing your pictures- they are amazing.

Thanks Tina-

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa, Happy Anniversary! I see such love and contentment in those beautiful photos. <3

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3<3Lisa and Corey
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Lisa ... Happy Anniversary! I love those photos...

Beth near Buffalo
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Lisa!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    SueBDew--Glad to see you post. Not sure what our weather is doing as go from 100 to 60's in one day.

Debbie--Stand your ground and don't let him wear you down so that you stay with her. Take care of your health too.

Lisa--I agree it is important to have your wishes known and not fair to family to leave it for them to decide at the time. Thanks for sharing your wedding pictures. Great looking couple!

Tracey--Beautiful picture of you and your daughters. They do look a lot like you.

Kim--How scary. I am glad you got home okay and your friends are still safe. I know when we went to Montanta last month we drove by where the fires were last year and could see all the damage. It really make it real then. Also I noticed almost every house and out building had metal roofs.

Heather-Beautiful pictures, sounds like so much fun.

Michele--Great news about Jess and the licensing exam.

Well the weekend went by so fast. Back to work 5 days this week and then after the holiday I will be one person short so here come the overtime. I have the job posted, not to find someone who wants to work nights and is willing to show up.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Raining here ,feel bad for my friends in Texas that are in a drought situation..
    Ugh went all the way over to the dr only to be told she is running an hour behind can you come back tomorrow couldn't they have picked up the phone and called me? Sheesh..now with the rain and the drop in barometric pressure im getting a headache.. good news my hemoglobin went up 5 points i can see all my labs through my portal.. the others i dont really understand. But hey at least thats good news.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Kay ~ It sounds like your father had the sweetest of services. :)

Carol in GA
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    :) Still catching up :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) The carpet cleaner is here. We moved the smaller furniture and she's going around the big pieces. Jake and I are sitting on dining room chair's that we moved into the kitchen, Bessie is lying between us on some towels, and Bernie is under the bed in the uncarpeted bedroom. She's almost finished then we wait a few hours til the carpet dries. We can get to the bathroom and the back yard without stepping on the carpet so all is good. 🌞🌻🎶
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 55min 4sec, 24elev, 3.14ap, 87ahr, 107mhr, 6.23mi= 529c
    Strava app = 710c

Went to a matinee, saw top gun, it had been 3 yrs since we saw a movie and 7 yrs before that.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Kay that sounds like a lovely service.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Lisa: As I said before, your wedding dress is stunning 🤩 As are the bride and groom.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri