Staying on Track Has Never Been Easier — Introducing Your New Dashboard!

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    In general, now that the gradual phase-in of users has reached me, I like it.

Change is always hard, but when I experimented by clicking on all the different cards and labels/titles/menus, I could find all the things I use.

I like how food logging works now: I can just start into the food search, and keep logging foods for different meals until I'm done. I like that I can either log the entry from my recents with the plus (same quantity), or click on the item and change the quantity before adding. That's quicker!

There will be a bit of an adjustment to my brain before it's all automatic, but I think it's good. It's working fine so far on my new-ish Motorola Android phone.
  • lozonia
    lozonia Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    The tab to view the weight records is at the bottom of dashboard, but for sure this is not user-friendly. I like the old interface more, which is simple yet easy to view and use
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    In general, now that the gradual phase-in of users has reached me, I like it.

Change is always hard, but when I experimented by clicking on all the different cards and labels/titles/menus, I could find all the things I use.

I like how food logging works now: I can just start into the food search, and keep logging foods for different meals until I'm done. I like that I can either log the entry from my recents with the plus (same quantity), or click on the item and change the quantity before adding. That's quicker!

There will be a bit of an adjustment to my brain before it's all automatic, but I think it's good. It's working fine so far on my new-ish Motorola Android phone.

Yup, same for me, I thinks the dashboard looks and works fine.

My only issue is that viewing the diary in landscape mode no longer gives a more detailed view of the nutritional info per food and meal. And that, to me, is a BIG step back and quite annoying.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan for reasons already expressed.
  • hjahangiri
    hjahangiri Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The new interface is entirely broken - text overlapping graphics, things don't render properly and it crashes constantly. I don't mind change if it adds functionality but this was clearly not sufficiently tested. Not ready for prime time, I wonder if the developers were not given enough time to work out all the bugs. Pressure from on high perhaps?

Same here. Within hours of posting my "I don't see this on my app" I got the update. Now it's just wasting screen real estate without offering anything new or improved. Looks like they chose fonts at fixed sizes (not sure what screen size they were testing with, but I've got the weird text wrap on a pretty big mobile screen). Should've been responsive, but clearly isn't. Functionally, it ... works. But adds nothing.
  • jeri30
    jeri30 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can turn off automatic app update for all apps or individual apps very easily, which is what I've done so I still have the old app.....not planning on updating it soon either considering all the complaints.

For android, which is my phone: https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-automatic-updates-on-android-5192496

Just scroll down to where it says How to Turn off Automatic App Updates on an Android Phone or How to Turn off Individual App Updates on Android.

I just googled how to turn off auto update on your cell phone android. Replace IOS for Apple.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

My only issue is that viewing the diary in landscape mode no longer gives a more detailed view of the nutritional info per food and meal. And that, to me, is a BIG step back and quite annoying.

Hi @Lietchi , Landscape mode not working correctly on Android is an unrelated known issue. Our team is working on it.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »

Hi @Lietchi , Landscape mode not working correctly on Android is an unrelated known issue. Our team is working on it.

Great, good to know!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    Options
    The update arrived to my phone yesterday.

Too bad. It bogs down and becomes unresponsive frequently. Almost all the time. I've long said that the mantra of this kind of thing is, "If it ain't broke, add more features."

Since there haven't been THAT MANY bugs and glitches in MFP lately, maybe this is the new feature to help make sure things don't stay "not broke."

I am of a different mind. I figure, if it ain't broke, don't change a hairy cat thing. Then again, I bought a brand new truck in 1997 and still drive it, so I'm a weirdo.
  • ntorkelson1
    ntorkelson1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW, terrible update. Runs super slow on my (admittedly old) Iphone XS Max -- far slower than it ran previous to this update. The convenient giant PLUS button to quickly add food, water, exercise, or weight is now gone.

You folks have made the app more complicated, more clunky, and less intuitive. For what? You didn't need to remove all the convenience features to add a dashboard.

I'd been on the fence about switching to one of the competing apps and this update has made my decision for me. I've been using MFP on and off for ten years. I'm done, at least for a while.

Yikes.
  • PaulJPearce
    PaulJPearce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I don’t like the new look. Updating my progress is now more difficult. Also had to close app as it became unresponsive
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I hate to add to the complaints here, but I can't use the new dashboard at all. It may have some cool features, but it's completely unresponsive. Won't scroll. Won't respond to taps. Locks up the entire app. I have an iPhone 12.
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It looks like I’m not the only one not liking the change. It is extremely slow to respond to anything, too many steps to post an update and took me multiple steps to just find it, too many steps to even just add food and exercise. I know I’m using the free version and not premium, but this new update made it barely usable!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    Options
    Did this even get beta testing?
  • LorieJCall
    LorieJCall Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Betty: My daily steps haven't synchronized accurately since the new dashboard rolled out. Two days are seriously undercounted, and one day was completely missed. Manually synchronizing via the More menu doesn't resolve the issue. Weight is synchronizing just fine. Apple Health and Withings Health Mate are synchronizing steps and weight just fine. Let me know if you need screenshots. Thanks.