Staying on Track Has Never Been Easier — Introducing Your New Dashboard!

Options

Replies

• gswladecki
    gswladecki Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Why do apps always try to give us what they think we want? It always sucks. Just give us a customizable dashboard. Heck, each part could be its own widget for your phone.
  • brookeallen66
    brookeallen66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am loving the new look so far and am not having issues with freezing or crashing. There’s a learning curve, but that’s to be expected!
  • uclaxtina
    uclaxtina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It’s very slow and laggy making the new dashboard difficult to appreciate. I hope they are able to iron things out since I see potential.
  • elderberryholistichealth
    Options
    Hay, I really like the new look of fitness pal .. It's fresher. Its been syncing well with other apps so that is a plus.Thanks for all the hard work
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Also, I can no longer log exercise through the app (it just doesn't register) and food is falling out of my diary. :disappointed:
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Also, I can no longer log exercise through the app (it just doesn't register) and food is falling out of my diary. :disappointed:

What @Mouse_Potato said. Saturday nothing would stay in my diary (thankfully not an issue on Sunday) and my apple watch will not synch exercise. It's done it once over the past 4 days.

Change for the sake of change never ends well.
  • koda_102
    koda_102 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How do we post a picture now? I can’t find the option for statuses or progress photos.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,816 MFP Staff
    Options
    LorieJCall wrote: »
    @Betty: My daily steps haven't synchronized accurately since the new dashboard rolled out. Two days are seriously undercounted, and one day was completely missed. Manually synchronizing via the More menu doesn't resolve the issue. Weight is synchronizing just fine. Apple Health and Withings Health Mate are synchronizing steps and weight just fine. Let me know if you need screenshots. Thanks.

Hi @LorieJCall Please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,816 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi @Buckland23 While our support team can not bring back the old version for users, they can log feedback and more importantly log bugs so our technical team can work on fixes for things that are not working as they were intended to.
  • boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    They absolutely could bring back the old format. They just choose not to. I also find it interesting how almost every post on this thread in support of the new format happens to only have one post. Seems legit
  • boujie1
    boujie1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was using it before to keep my food, macros, weight, everything in check. This is such a mess, the weight section is not user friendly at all now. I used to be able to tap it open in the morning enter my weight, done. Then, breakfast and move on with my day. I haven’t been able to do anything for the last week, no time or patience to figure it out. If you were trying to push everyone towards a subscription, you will end up losing more to other more user friendly apps. Let’s face it, it wasn’t helpful to track macros unless on a subscription before. Trying to calculate for 30 total carbs, 14 oz protein, plus fat, the numbers were always off, so I had to make allowances. Now I can’t even get into the food section, it’s just too much effort, and I’ve lost over 73.6 lbs in less than 11 months. Very disappointed.
  • sharonsparkle3
    sharonsparkle3 Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    This article was very helpful for me. I learned a lot of new short cuts that I have not been using. I love the new dashboard and I am not having any issues on my Apple iPhone. Thanks MFP!
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 263 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    MFP doesn't listen to anyone... lol
  • fitzeileen
    fitzeileen Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Crap
  • drewsmom1964
    drewsmom1964 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know this question isn't in the correct forum but I couldn't find where to ask. Can anyone tell me the need/benefit of purchasing the "premium" on the app? Tks
  • becparker80
    becparker80 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Also hate the new update.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,175 Member
    Options
    I know this question isn't in the correct forum but I couldn't find where to ask. Can anyone tell me the need/benefit of purchasing the "premium" on the app? Tks

It helps you lose weight by making your wallet lighter.

There's actually some very helpful tools, but they're not helpful to everyone. Try it out when the offer a free trial.
  • StacieLyn72
    StacieLyn72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    3durzo280i4f.jpg

In a survey sent to MyFitnessPal members last year, 95% of respondents indicated that they were interested in seeing a Dashboard feature — the highest requested feature out of 20 potential options.

You told us what you wanted and we listened. With our new Dashboard, you’ll now be able to log foods and exercise, track progress toward your goals, adjust your data, see beautiful visuals of your daily progression, and much more — all from your home screen.

Try your new Dashboard and comment below to tell us what you think!

w6qav0afo7y0.jpg
    • Log foods at app launch. We know — you’re tired of tapping through to search for food or scan a barcode. Now you can now do both from the bottom of your Dashboard.

drxh4lcea4g3.jpg
    • Quickly log your daily exercise & weight. Simply tap the “+” icon on the respective card to log your daily exercise and weight. It’s that simple.

k9gr4193fmvn.jpg
    • See all of your data with a tap. There’s more data behind every card. Tap on any card in your Dashboard to view more historical data, charts and analysis. Need to adjust a previous entry? You can do that with a tap, too.

b9ddy5llh3a6.jpg

• Scroll through your nutrition goals. With a simple swipe, Premium members can now scroll between a carousel of nutrition goals — calories, macros, heart health and carbs — that gives you more of today’s data at a glance.
    • View consumed and remaining nutrients. Previously, your daily progress card only showed nutrients remaining. Now you'll have extra details: see what you've eaten and how much you have left. If you’ve gone over your target, you can see that, too.

0mkj9yrvuw99.jpg
    • See the headway you’re making on your goals. Are you consistently hitting your goals? Now, you can view your daily progress toward your goals for steps, exercise, and weight in your Dashboard.
    • Bye-bye red indicators, hello pattern overlay. Depending on the nutrient type and your goals, going over or under specific nutrient targets can be a good thing (for example, going over your fat macros target may be less than ideal for one person, but a goal for another). Instead of turning red, exceeding a target will now be indicated with a pattern overlay, which also helps with members who experience color vision deficiency.

Please Note: By commenting or replying in this thread, you acknowledge and agree to the use of your name, comments, replies, and/or entries, whether in whole or in part, by MyFitnessPal, including for the purpose of generating and distributing marketing materials to help inspire others. When posting, please follow our community guidelines. Any off-topic comments and guideline violations are subject to deletion.
    Betty wrote: »
    3durzo280i4f.jpg

In a survey sent to MyFitnessPal members last year, 95% of respondents indicated that they were interested in seeing a Dashboard feature — the highest requested feature out of 20 potential options.

You told us what you wanted and we listened. With our new Dashboard, you’ll now be able to log foods and exercise, track progress toward your goals, adjust your data, see beautiful visuals of your daily progression, and much more — all from your home screen.

w6qav0afo7y0.jpg
    • Log foods at app launch. We know — you’re tired of tapping through to search for food or scan a barcode. Now you can now do both from the bottom of your Dashboard.

drxh4lcea4g3.jpg
    • Quickly log your daily exercise & weight. Simply tap the “+” icon on the respective card to log your daily exercise and weight. It’s that simple.

k9gr4193fmvn.jpg
    • See all of your data with a tap. There’s more data behind every card. Tap on any card in your Dashboard to view more historical data, charts and analysis. Need to adjust a previous entry? You can do that with a tap, too.

b9ddy5llh3a6.jpg

• Scroll through your nutrition goals. With a simple swipe, Premium members can now scroll between a carousel of nutrition goals — calories, macros, heart health and carbs — that gives you more of today’s data at a glance.
    • View consumed and remaining nutrients. Previously, your daily progress card only showed nutrients remaining. Now you'll have extra details: see what you've eaten and how much you have left. If you’ve gone over your target, you can see that, too.

0mkj9yrvuw99.jpg
    • See the headway you’re making on your goals. Are you consistently hitting your goals? Now, you can view your daily progress toward your goals for steps, exercise, and weight in your Dashboard.
    • Bye-bye red indicators, hello pattern overlay. Depending on the nutrient type and your goals, going over or under specific nutrient targets can be a good thing (for example, going over your fat macros target may be less than ideal for one person, but a goal for another). Instead of turning red, exceeding a target will now be indicated with a pattern overlay, which also helps with members who experience color vision deficiency.

Please Note: By commenting or replying in this thread, you acknowledge and agree to the use of your name, comments, replies, and/or entries, whether in whole or in part, by MyFitnessPal, including for the purpose of generating and distributing marketing materials to help inspire others. When posting, please follow our community guidelines. Any off-topic comments and guideline violations are subject to deletion.
    The new format has a nice look to it. I do wish there was still a quick way to add water. If there was still a “plus” button to add different information quickly, it would be nice. New things take a while to get used to. I will keep trying it and see what I think.