Staying on Track Has Never Been Easier — Introducing Your New Dashboard!

Options

Replies

• YouniqueStrongBabez
    YouniqueStrongBabez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Loving the new look and it has really motivated me into doing more tracking etc , thank you :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The new dashboard doesn't really give me anything useful. I'm not complaining. It just kind of gave me an extra screen to tap past while I'm trying to get where I'm going.

One thing I do want to complain about is the widget. Why is it so MASSIVE? It doesn't even do more than the old widget. It's like it's huge for no reason.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    gswladecki wrote: »
    Why do apps always try to give us what they think we want? It always sucks. Just give us a customizable dashboard. Heck, each part could be its own widget for your phone.

Customizable would be nice. This one does nothing for me. I might find it useful if I could choose what's on it. Tbh I'd rather just have the app open straight to the diary.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    Scroll down the dashboard and you'll see your weight graph.
    Tap on the + sign to add a weigh-in or tap on the weight graph for more options (different periods) and to see the list of weigh-ins.

For your total loss, in the dashboard simply tap on your profile picture.
  • sha_88
    sha_88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately my dashboard freezes and doesn’t scroll through. I also don’t know how to make comments on my own to pop up on my friends timelines. I don’t want to just write in my personal page or reply to people individually … I don’t see an option to do that
  • Mel36
    Mel36 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Really dislike the new dashboard. Longtime user, and the new app update/dashboard is seriously lagging despite having the most recent iOS on my iPhone. Makes it annoying and cumbersome to just do a simple weight update.
  • jgibbs72
    jgibbs72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On android - Constantly adding food to the wrong meal due to the way the workflow works now. The dropdown meal selection at the top of the page needs to be a set of buttons like it used to be so that it can be one-tap selection, rather than a pop up menu which takes 2 clicks.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Not worth using the app at all. I use only a desktop computer where I can find almost everything I need at a glance. Then again, I am now mainly here for the community pages as I have been at or very close to goal for the past 9 years. No more tracking food/macros/exercise. One thing I miss is finding others' blogs that I used to read once in a while. The most popular list menu of blogs on the side had disappeared with the last 'update.'
  • BadBanditCA
    BadBanditCA Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just another dev bandaid for an old, poorly designed app in desperate need of a full rewrite.
    - The dashboard can’t scroll without stuttering. Given that it contains only a few static stats, a couple charts and some text boxes, this is absurd.
    - I can no longer post a status update from my iPhone with a picture since the dashboard update. There is no button anymore for this function anywhere in the app. The only status option is the text field on the profile page, which offers not picture selection button.
    - This app is riddled with bugs and shares no parity with the MFP website. Adding this cosmetic dashboard solves nothing, makes the app slower and wastes precious dev resources. Why does my profile on the website have an About Me section and pictures that the app doesn’t even display? Why does everything about in-app messaging and status commenting feel like barely usable geek Usenet pages from the early 1990s?
    - All links in and to app resolve incorrectly to dashboard now. If I tap on a notification on my iPhone’s Home Screen about a comment in MFP, the link takes me to the dashboard instead of the actual comment. Likewise, tapping on in-app notifications in the MFP notification list also takes me to the dashboard. This is stupid and frustrating.
    - The dashboard is simply a cosmetic rearrangement of some profile data, with larger text and some boxes. This would have been a clean, modern UI 10 years ago, but now already looks dated and clunky.
    - This update offers no “big picture” app perspective. This app keeps getting updated by devs that seem to have no vision of what the app should do, how it should work, and what their users want/need. They just add stuff. Then a couple years later, add other stuff that may or may not work well with the stuff they previously added. In another year or two more stuff will be added and none of the major bugs and inconsistencies will ever be addressed (as a minor example: the app notification number in the little red circle that is supposed to count the number of notifications waiting for you in the app is rarely accurate. It almost always displays “2” when I have a single message waiting for me. C’mon guys, wtf?)
    - The devs all seem to be android users who don’t even test updates on iPhones. There are often features available to android that iPhone users can’t access. And MFP support often references fixes, buttons and other items that don’t exist for the iPhone. But my subscription costs just as much as android users pay.

In addition to all of this, the app now litters my newsfeed with ads for MFP blog posts. I am a paying subscriber because I don’t want to see ads. Ads for blog posts are just as annoying as ads for diet pills. I am canceling my subscription today until this app gets fixed/overhauled. No way am I paying any longer for this broken, haphazard experience.
  • rarasusan7272
    rarasusan7272 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So far, not a fan. I liked opening to my homepage or leaving the app open on my diary. Is there any way to go back to the old view?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,249 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    - This update offers no “big picture” app perspective. This app keeps getting updated by devs that seem to have no vision of what the app should do, how it should work, and what their users want/need. They just add stuff. Then a couple years later, add other stuff that may or may not work well with the stuff they previously added. In another year or two more stuff will be added and none of the major bugs and inconsistencies will ever be addressed (as a minor example: the app notification number in the little red circle that is supposed to count the number of notifications waiting for you in the app is rarely accurate. It almost always displays “2” when I have a single message waiting for me. C’mon guys, wtf?)

So much this. Or worse. If they do fix some of the bugs, then they add more stuff. It seems I was right when I suggested, "If it ain't broke, add more features."

I will say that an issue I've been trying to get fixed for several months finally got fixed.
  • macmom041991
    macmom041991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HATE the new update! My steps have not recorded since it came out! I've uninstalled, reinstalled, allowed permissions, etc., etc., etc. and still nothing! I've emailed and asked what's up with no answer, no return email, etc. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,249 Member
    Options
    @macmom041991

Submit a ticket to support. And then wait and wait and wait. I think they're overwhelmed with people who are having all kinds of issues with this change. I can't even call it an update since it is not an improvement as far as I can tell.

It

is

so

S

L

O

W

!
    !
  • clarkmiriam146
    clarkmiriam146 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started never use dashboard before looks like fun when I get use to it
  • stuman74
    stuman74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Using MFP for over 9 years with a streak at 3439, this latest update a couple weeks ago really sucks. Weight entries and exercise from Apple Health are no longer automatically importing. The home screen just to get to my weight tracking is slow and choppy and requires to scroll down. When will this be fixed???
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    So many issues with apple watches being reported - when is the estimated fix for MFP integrating with Apple Health?
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,304 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I am having no glitch issues, no freezing etc, and my Fitbit is syncing fine. So far so good, right?

I must say, I really don't pay attention to the dashboard but would like to be able to see my dashboard for prior days - at midnight it resets, so you can literally never see your completed day unless you check at 11:59pm and have everything logged & synced.

Here is my wish list for additional updates:
    - show total weight lost on progress section of the dashboard
    - bring back the full nutritional info for each food logged that we used to be able to see from diary when we turned our phones horizontal
    - add a water button to dashboard for quick add
    - create a shortcut to community groups and/or notifications of new posts on threads we are following
    - fix the glitch in comments on newsfeed where we can't scroll down to see the last line once the page is full. We can see the top 1/2 only of whatever is the last line.
    - REDUCE the number of MFP blog posts that show up in my newsfeed! There can literally be 8 in a row for me to try to scroll past in my newsfeed (which remains glitchy to do) - come on, why are you doing this to premium members??
    - Give us a way BACK from community to the dashboard, the menu got lost...

Thanks!
  • Azoo934
    Azoo934 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine is very glitchy. Under weight, please bring back the bar that says weight difference for week, month, year,etc.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the new dashboard layout, seems some people are having trouble finding the features but that's just a learning curve. I like that you can add foods with one tap right from the dashboard.

I did have an issue for a few days where my workouts weren't syncing from Apple Health - I just went into my Health settings and turned off the sync, then turned it right back on and re-synced from the MFP app and it worked. I only did that for 2-3 days, then the issue stopped and it's working fine.

The only real issue I have is how slow/unresponsive the app is. E.g. I see I have a notification so I tap on the bell icon, and it takes 4-5 seconds before anything happens on-screen. Not even a waiting icon pops up, it's like it just hasn't noticed my tap at all, then suddenly the notifications screen appears. Same thing happens when I tap on More to get into Community or Messages. It's just slow to respond, visually.