WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from Rebecca? Missing her!

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Carol- she is still alive ,has care givers during the day full time and one that comes Thursday- Monday 24 a day so Sean and Jean can get away she will be 89 i think this year.. and with the alzheimers ,basically sticks to her room..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Heather- I so enjoyed your trip its like when i was young and went to travelogs with my grandma..so much fun..
    Debbie- my FIL could drive the angels crazy.. but I learned a few things along the way.. can you find out what music she liked as a young woman,my FIL loved ol Blue eyes so Frank Sinatra we played alot for him.. Prime days are coming up.. if you can pick up a cheap echo dot to put in her bedroom and put music she likes it helps so very very much,we even did that for Jeans mom.. just set it up through Pandora or some other device and you should be ready to go..
    Lisa- you crack me up girl..i wouldn't touch Okra with a 1 10 ft pole..
    I made the mistake of going to Costco around noon today.. gee you would think everyone would be out doing picnics ,but no everyone and there brother was shopping..I darn near had a panic attic but i picked up my script and a couple of other things and split..
    Im home now and going to rest with Alfie now.

not sure what music she listened to- some Japanese, no doubt. We keep the Japanese tv channel on for her most of the time in the living room- that is where she stays all the time.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Allie – Costco on a weekend is equal to a horror movie in my mind. Interesting that Sean and Jean have multiple care givers but actually have to pay them….. you knew they were taking advantage of you.

Debbie – I know very very little about Japanese music, but there must be some list on line of the top songs during what ever years she was a teen. Do you or hubby read Japanese? Thinking googling might be more successful in Japanese.

Carol – did you fall or badly twist your knee in the walk over? I would be surprise to hear that just a walk could re-tear the meniscus, I had mine surgically cleaned up when I had an ACL replacement (years ago) and I have not retorn mine and done a lot more crazy things than walking to the neighbor. I am hoping it is just tired from a longer walk than it usually gets.

Machka – Delighted to hear that you and DH made such a long ride, what a drag it was so cold. It looks like you were riding for 4 ish hours, do you take breaks for food/water?

Lisa – I did not realize that your daughter was not Corey’s bio daughter, is his son? His (and your) commitment to the kids tells the world he is a top notch guy.

Katla – so glad your children are there with you. I know there is a lot on your plate right now, but their help in getting the boat ready to sell might be worth talking about. Sending good thoughts that DH will be home for the 4th.

Sending love to all.

Kim in N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 59min 23sec, 55elev, 3.04ap, 99ahr, 163mhr, 6.53mi= 654c
    Strava app = 744c
    Went to a couple of garage sales and 2 stores
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Niki, I read "Atomic Habits" awhile ago and loved it and learned a lot. Thanks for what you shared. The reverse is also true. Gretchen Rubin calls it "the one coin loophole"---just one bite won't hurt and before long, it's more than one bite. :)

<3Katla, How great that your children are with you to help. Best wishes for your husband for improvement so he can come home.

:) I've had a lovely day with dog walking, walking with my friend, walking alone, spreading bark in the yard, and riding my exercise bike while knitting and watching TV.

:)Allie, we've all learned the hard way that the best time go to Costco is early or late. We go on Saturday morning the moment they open the door, get in and get out quickly.

:)Lisa, I'm with you on the subjects of okra and hubby's family gathering. You'll make good use of your time alone.

:'(Carol, sorry to hear about your knee.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Worked today but did get a walk around the block. After work went to Food Lion for some things on sale, then in the pool, church, watered plants, will get the salmon ready to marinate. No work tomorrow so I get to exercise <smile> Will take a shower tonight and then sleep in the other room with Shadow (Jess’ cat). I think I might spend every night this week with her only because it would be a real pain to move the CPAP back and forth. Texted Denise inviting her to the pool party, but I know that she’s not going to come. The excuse will probably be “Pete’s working”. But at least she was invited. Made another loaf of sourdough bread, still need to cut it up for the freezer

Vince worked some more on the power washing

Divine – you’re doing great!

Winner Leslie – proud of you

katla – I’m so happy your dh is doing better

Jess and Vince shaved Lexie before she left while I was at work

Heather – thanks for sharing your pictures with us. I always look forward to your adventures

Guess that’s about it for me

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    Allie – Costco on a weekend is equal to a horror movie in my mind. Interesting that Sean and Jean have multiple care givers but actually have to pay them….. you knew they were taking advantage of you.

Debbie – I know very very little about Japanese music, but there must be some list on line of the top songs during what ever years she was a teen. Do you or hubby read Japanese? Thinking googling might be more successful in Japanese.

Carol – did you fall or badly twist your knee in the walk over? I would be surprise to hear that just a walk could re-tear the meniscus, I had mine surgically cleaned up when I had an ACL replacement (years ago) and I have not retorn mine and done a lot more crazy things than walking to the neighbor. I am hoping it is just tired from a longer walk than it usually gets.

Machka – Delighted to hear that you and DH made such a long ride, what a drag it was so cold. It looks like you were riding for 4 ish hours, do you take breaks for food/water?

Lisa – I did not realize that your daughter was not Corey’s bio daughter, is his son? His (and your) commitment to the kids tells the world he is a top notch guy.

Katla – so glad your children are there with you. I know there is a lot on your plate right now, but their help in getting the boat ready to sell might be worth talking about. Sending good thoughts that DH will be home for the 4th.

Sending love to all.

Kim in N. California

no, we don't read or speak Japanese. She is also having trouble with her hears so he doesn't think she would get anything out of it- I think it is worth a try but he doesn't- Yes, I am married to the ultimate Mr. Pessimist. In ALL things.'
    I think she was a teen during the war so don't think she listened to much music.
    She might have in her 20's, but not sure. Really don't think she would remember.
    I can look up songs from around that time and see if she likes them.

day 8 of 10,000 or more steps.
    Walking MIL's dog really does help get my steps in. She said I don't have to walk that far but if I am driving over there, I will make it worth my time and the dog will get a good 30-45 min walk if I have time.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    9j4ebtoav5pk.jpg

Where am I? :p

Barbara - it was a 20/20 cricket match. Sussex Sharks. Blue is their colour.

Just about to have breakfast and then assemble for disembarkation. We are the first off.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    9j4ebtoav5pk.jpg

Where am I? :p

Barbara - it was a 20/20 cricket match. Sussex Sharks. Blue is their colour.

Just about to have breakfast and then assemble for disembarkation. We are the first off.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Dover?

aw2jep2f2p3u.png

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Machka - Great achievement on the cycles. :D
    Heather UK xxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Morning all. Enjoying the chit chat.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

Niki: I’m all in favour of Atomic Habits. I get his newsletter every week. Also like Tiny Habits, small changes have big results.
    Heather: Those are the White Cliffs of Dover! Thank you for your travelogue and photos of the cruise. Living vicariously!
    Katla: (((Hugs))) Good to hear that DH is out of ICU, and that family are there for you.
    Kim: It’s a long time since I used my recipe, so I will have to look it out for you.
    Machka: That was some cycle trip.
    Viv: We don’t get much free. Enjoy the bus pass.

We are visiting daughter and grandsons after lunch, so gotta scoot.

☘️ Terri