Options
    My son says the waves were horrendous but he did it in a good time. :D
    6wj3nq82o9bg.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Lisa- I did the same thing,no covid here either..just a summer cold. Yuck..
    I'll hop in the shower and go over to Home Depot to see if if I can find something to help me able to use my headboard..
    My mattress isnt as comfortable as I thought it would be ,I will have to see if I can exchange for a new one.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Love your story Lisa (2) <3

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday
    It has started again as another good day. I have had my coffee, changed the sheets, started laundry, got a shower, and caught up with you all. a headache tried to start this morning, but feeling much better with caffeine.
    Had dinner last night with friends. DH and I drove Roxie (my miata). She is so much fun. My girlfriend rode with me to the Dairy shed afterwards. That is only the second time I have driven Roxie with her top up. My friend doesn't like the wind. It was still fun. I need to learn to order a baby scoop at ice cream place. I had orange sherbet which was good, but only ate 1/2. I normally would have not gotten anything, but then DH would have been upset. I think he wanted to go to the Shed later as we had just finished eating but then our friends would have gone home. The upside is he only got a small flurry instead of a large!

We will be watching fireworks from our front yard this evening. No, it isn't as exciting as being in the middle of things, but I find it much better. We use to go into town to watch them, but while it only took us 10 minutes to get there, it has taken 1.5 hours to get home. I prefer to booms to be further away as well (and the convenience of a bathroom!) My DH can't really see most of them anyway. He does miss the days when he use to buy the fireworks and we would go to SIL's farm or the farm in KY and shoot them off. That ended after what could have been an awful incident involving alcohol and lack of judgement on the guys setting them offs part. Now we settle for the professional ones from our porch.

I need to get some bills paid. Will catch up later!

Make the best choice you can at the time!
    Hugs!
    Prayers!
    Motivation!

3>
    Kylia in Ohio enjoying the sunshine!
  • kymarai
    Options
    Allie I couldn't exchange our mattress which while firm and good for the back was not so good for the hips and shoulders. If you can't exchange it, we got a 3" foam pad to put on ours. It has helped tremendously!
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Your story is quite amazing, Lisa. Kudos to Corey and you!

Not much new or different here. Getting packed for Canton this week. Made the hotel rez so we're set. Game is on Sunday and is being broadcast on ESPN2, if anyone is interested. Not that AJ will get much playtime. As I've said, she's a rookie. But #20, defensive corner. If she's out there, it will be at the top or bottom of your screen, first or second player facing the offence, dang-near, smallest player on the field! LOL (yeah, I swear)

Happy 4th tomorrow. I'll try to get back on for a second, but we have a pretty big parade and celebration in our neighborhood... RIGHT in our neighborhood. SO MUCH FUN!

Carla, in MN
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    B)
  • strongerfaith
    strongerfaith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) July 2 is "halfway day" meaning that it is halfway through the year. What a great time to make a clean start on new habits and behaviours that will improve the quality of your life.

Happy July!

Half of the year ahead.. Time to start making headway! @barbiecat you are so insightful!

faith az
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Love your story Lisa (2) <3

Heather UK xxxxxx

Thanks, dear heart, high praise from you! I've found myself storytelling much more lately... told Corey I think I may finally be ready to start a new book, or possibly take up the sequel and finish it. His upcoming week-long absence should be a really good time for that, fewer irresistible distractions. :)

Really enjoyed all the cruise pics, and always love your family pics. It's amazing how much love jumps through the screen.

Oh - and taking a leaf out of Mama's playbook, I went out and got another wall caulked in the workroom. She always thought working hard could cure anything that ailed you.

Love,
    Lisa in AR

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day. Sleep. Garden. Colouring. And putting together our cycling club newsletter.

I also need to make a survey for my cycling club, so I started playing around with ideas.

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Oh - and taking a leaf out of Mama's playbook, I went out and got another wall caulked in the workroom. She always thought working hard could cure anything that ailed you.
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

Mama wasn't always right. Steamy shower and then bed.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • LeslieAWagner
    LeslieAWagner Posts: 40 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Machka What an amazing comeback!
    You two look so happy biking. What a joy for you both. <3

Lisa LOL on the Okra! 100% agreed! My no list on veggies is pretty short but okra, beets and asparagus are all right there. I love everything else. PS feel better!

I hope everyone is doing well! We’re grilling out tomorrow and I’m making a low cal strawberry shortcake for the fam. Yum! Likely head over to the town fireworks tomorrow evening too. Be safe and make good choices!

Leslie from the Ozark’s

• kymarai
    Options
    Okra- fried = yummy! Boiled-Yuck (only in minestrone)
    Not a fan of Brussels sprouts, turnip greens, or caulifower. I don't mind cabbage raw, but don't like cooked. I keep trying Brussels sprouts with different cooking methods, but still not there yet.