Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Worked today, then went to the gym, Salvation Army for nothing, then Aldi, home and in the pool. Rummikub here tonight. Next month is my last month as coordinator! Won’t go bowling tomorrow since we need to cut the grass. Hope Vince isn’t expecting that it’ll all get done. I have a dentist appt then he wants me to go to Hallmark then I have to buy gas for Thursday when I go to Baptist Hosp about the tumor.

Tracey – I use β€œkey Ring” for all my loyalty cards. You just take a picture of the card (front and back) and use that at the store rather than carrying numerous cards. As far as saying β€œno”, I feel that I made a commitment and I should honor that commitment. Just that I won’t make that commitment next year.

Barbara and KJ – when I broke the bone in my foot and Vince had to drive me everywhere, if we went food shopping he’d drop me off at the front of the store, park and read a book, then I was to call him when I was done and he’d pick me up. To Vince and Jess you go in the store, get what they need, and leave. Not me, I have to browse. Lately I haven’t, tho, with prices so high I only get what I absolutely need or is on sale that I can freeze. Like the cherries that Aldi had on sale. I’ll pit them and then freeze them.

Michele NC
    who in a way wishes she were Vince and could just sit around the house. But I know that I’d go stir crazyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: Β»
    Honestly....you'd think Vince was dying. He's shuffling around the house like a 90-year old moaning. I fixed his dinner and he announces "I'll just have the salad. These antibiotics are really getting to me". I don't know.

Michele NC

I'm allergic to most antibiotics. Some of the symptoms include shortness of breath, loss of appetite and aching joints.

Perhaps Vince is also allergic.

I didn't start being allergic to them until my late 40s so it came as a surprise.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,714 Member
    Options
    Pp
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Michele - what happened to Vince's leg again? Yes, men aren't always the most "patient" patient. Sounds like you got a good deal on cherries. My neighbor across the street has a dozen blueberry bushes that have just started to ripen. She wants to make sure I come pick to my heart's content. No worries on that, lol.

UK ladies in the cooker right now - we'll be seeing it in SW WA State early next week. Projected high next Tuesday is 95. It will be hotter at my house, in June last year we had a "heat dome" of 106 plus it didn't cool off at night. Normally, even with the hot days, it cools down into the 50's at night so first thing in the morning we open windows on all 4 sides of the house to get good cross breezes going with a couple fans. Then when the outside temp starts climbing, close the house up, draw the blinds.

It's 74 in my living room right now, I have a fan going. A/C is set at 72.

Rebecca - Thank you so much for telling us about those Kodiak Power Waffles. I found them at Safeway and they are delicious, I had a blueberry power waffle for dessert tonight and it was sweet enough. It had 5 gm of "added sugar" = pure cane sugar, not that high fructose corn syrup. I figure the 3 gm of fiber and 10 gm of protein makes up for the added sugar so Dr. Lustig might let this slip by. :)

The waffles pretty spendy at Safeway, but I found the Kodiak Cakes Flapjack & Waffle mix at Walmart and making them like this will save a lot. I got the Cinnamon Oat flavor. Plus a person can use all milk and add an egg for extra protein. This is exactly the type of dessert I was looking for that I hope will keep me from getting hungry right before bed.

I baked a sockeye salmon filet for supper, got it on sale at Safeway this morning. DH hated the smell of cooking fish so I have been making up for lost time. I'm aiming to eat 2-3 fatty fish meals per week. I got some sardines from Amazon, will try them next week. I do like sardines canned in tomato sauce. Anything I can dump on top my mega salad works for me.

Machka - glad to see you back, we figured you were super busy.

Barbie - when will you be able to get in to see the eye doctor? Hopefully soon!

Margaret- beautiful gardens. That tour was enjoyable for sure!

Rosie got a bath this afternoon and she was a sweetie. Held pretty still and I was able to suds her up and get her well rinsed in the bathtub. She's been rolling in rabbit and deer poo and who knows what else the past week. :# You watch, she'll probably find some fresh stuff to roll in before bed. Dogs.

I've started reading James Patterson's auto biography on Kindle. I've been reading his Alex Cross series and everything he wrote that I can get my hands on. I love his style - 2 or 3 page chapters, tightly woven story lines. :)

That's the latest. Stay cool, ladies! :D

Lanette B)
    Sunny 83 degrees SW WA State

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    πŸ’ž
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,357 Member
    Options
    Annie I can only do one thing a day these days! :p

Rebecca - I absolutely hate it when people don't know their compass orientation. :p That look that comes over their face when I say, "go south down the road"., or, "It's to the west of the tower." I just don't understand it. I have a really good sense of direction and always know my orientation. Even in towns. Sometimes, if it is a particularly old and complicated city layout, I look for the sun. If it's cloudy .....? :o Nearly always I know where I am and where places are in relation to each other. I do love looking at maps, so maybe that's why. On cruises, I always check out the ports and the terrain before we get there, often months before. I'm often astonished by my friends who seem totally lost.

We've cooled off! Normal life can resume. I'm sorry for those of you in the States who are about to hit a heat dome, which is what we had. 80Β° at night with no AC is not funny.

I must have a look at my book today. It's making me very nervous, but I have had over five weeks off. :o Baby steps. I only have to open the laptop and read through a chapter.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, yesterday was a nightmare heat wise, I have never known anything like it. Even with the curtains closed and two fans it was still unbearably hot. Took Leah out for a quick toilet break around 4pm and it was like walking into an oven. We didn't stay out long, I was glad to get back into the living room because it was a little cooler than outside. Temperatures were still high 80s at 9pm.

Didn't get much sleep and feel a bit fuzzy headed this morning. It's already 70F and only 9am. Rain is forecast for this afternoon, but we'll see.

I am going to the Theatre tonight with friends to see Pricilla Queen of the Desert, I am also stewarding for the same performance on Saturday. It will make a nice change to be part of the audience instead of "working" lol.

Right, popping into the shower - it might wake me up a bit.

Take care and Love to all <3
    Viv UK

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon/evening.

Weekly grocery shopping done, fridge decluttered, groceries put away, and sitting with a welcome cup of coffee. DH shops with me. He does it on his own sometimes, too. He took over doing the shopping after he was made redundant 28 years ago, and I was still working. It was quite a boon for me.

N Ireland hasn’t had the very high temperatures that they have on the mainland, and we are getting some breezes and clouds today, but it’s still much warmer than usual when the sun is out. Granddaughter in Oxford said the temperature was 38*C mid afternoon. She was at work in the lab with aircon so was quite happy.

My niece and her partner are here from USA (UNYS) with our 7 year old great niece. We are planning a family picnic on Saturday.

πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰ Cheers to all those celebrating. Have a great time.

Virtual (((hugs))) and πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» for those who need them. May your troubles be short-lived.

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Miele failte to the newbies. Wade in when the spirit moves you.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,805 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Yes we are heatwaving it here in Connecticut also high 90s today,will watch Miles and stay in AC. And then get Homer out quick ,have to stop and pick up a lb of roast beef and take that up with me when i go get the 4 pups out this afternoon,they take there meds with it.. Carin asked me to pick it up so will do that before I go up,maybe do that after taking Miles.down to see mom..
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Extraordinary Attorney Woo- I just began watching this series on Netflix. It is wonderful, so far. Sweet, funny, kind of bittersweet. It is a Korean legal drama. It has subtitles. If it available in your area, check it out.
    Lanette, Karen VA, and other cbd oil users- Trying to help my DH find the right product to use for his advanced RA. He is trying to get off the RA meds and heavy pain killers. He has been using the 25-50 mg cbd gel caps; but is finding he needs to take so many of them in order to have any effect on his RA pain. He has tried the tincture, but doesn't like the "dirt" taste it leaves in his mouth. From what I am reading, for his level of pain, the tincture is the way to go. Is there something he can take or eat after the tincture that will get rid of the earthy taste? He says he burps up that taste all day.
    KJ
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    KJ,

I'm sure others will be more helpful, but I have these thoughts:

Topical CBD cream might helpful as an adjunct, also Voltaren gel is very useful for some sufferers.

Swishing with tomato juice may help with aftertaste in the mouth after tincture use.

If gelcaps are used, freezing them helps lessen burping.

Karen in Virginia

Kelly -

I was also going to suggest the topical cream. It's expensive out here, and depending on the affected painful joints, a jar might not last that long. They might have a roll-on by now.

I like Karen's suggestions. I never had much luck with the tincture other than to help me sleep, but the topical creams seemed to work for me. DH wasn't a fan of either.

My DH smoked it, found high THC worked to kill pain and relax him. It often didn't take much, the stuff is so potent these days. He got better relief from that than the higher CBD strains. Of course, he was in la-la land from it for a few hours which maybe Tim doesn't want.

But, I'm wondering if Tim might get relief from eating high CBD strains without knocking him out (special brownies or ??). The food it's mixed with might disguise the taste. Also, they do manufacture gummies and candy/snack foods with it. Might help him sleep if that's a problem.

I see it's legal in Michigan. If there's a shop nearby, might not hurt to stop in and ask the sales people what they recommend if you haven't done that already.

Good luck. I know RA is hard on the whole household. <3:'(

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Here I go being hugely unpopular again.

Just a little friendly reminder ... please read the Community Guidelines, especially Point 10: Keep it Legal
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines