WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,678 Member
    Options
    Did I miss your bday katla? Sorry, happyyyyy bdayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,336 Member
    Options
    Terri, I'm sure you already know this, but if it isn't too humid, fans would help with evaporation/cooling. So sorry you are facing the UK heat wave with no a/c.

Karen in Virginia

We opened windows, and drew the curtains as the sun moved round the house and it worked well. Temp indoors was around 23*C most of the day, and we stayed well hydrated. Northern Ireland isn’t getting the really high temps as we are further north and west of the really extreme heat.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Katla: 🎉🎂 Happy birthday!🎂🎉 dear girl. I am so glad you have arrived safely. It’s so good that you got to talk to DH. Hope he can join you soon.

☘️ Terri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, glad to hear that you arrived safely. 🌞 Happy Birthday 🎈🎉Transitions are difficult. Glad you have family support

:)Allie how great to hear that Carmine appreciated the gift you gave them. This is a tough time for them. So good that you are there for support

:) Finally made an appointment with the eye doctor after tooooo many years

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,014 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Katla
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Carla the gardens are from the South Washington Garden Tour that was on Saturday. The last home was an created by an architect his home was gorgeous as was his gardens. He had a collection of birdhouses. We never put a water pond into our yard. At this point I am glad because it is another part of the garden you have to maintain in fall and spring. The one with the flying pig was the farm house in the background. There was another home on the property and the gardens there were spectacular too.

Katla Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,678 Member
    Options
    Ll
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    🎉🥳🎂 Happy Birthday
    Katla 🎂🥳🎉

💞 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3 Happy Birthday Katla <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    It's a miracle! DH thought my suggestion of a taxi was a good one. I've ordered one from a local firm for 2.45. It will drop him off at the park, where there is lots of tree shade. Last week I had an ice cream on the café terrace. :D
    They can stay in the park for a while. By the time they walk back to Bea's house I think the temps will be a bit better. His walk home is a much nicer route.

I have already prepared the dinner. At 8 am. I've poached salmon, and I've parboiled Romanescu. That will go in a grain and wild rice salad with other bits, cuc, toms etc. Olive oil dressing. And a nice raita to go with it. Will make that at lunchtime.
    Lunch is last night's delicious frittata with tomato salad. Grain bread.

I slept with no pain killers last night. I'm hoping it's the improved nutrition and no alcohol. I had a kombucha last night. Plus a shot of kefir. :p I hope my microbiome is grateful.

Love to all, Heather, thankful in Hove xxxxxxxx

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    vypiyv7cn1pa.jpg

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    ☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    All ready to get over to take care of Miles. We are set for a 6 day heat wave of over 90 to close to 100 here in Connecticut.. after my surgeries, and congestive heart failure my breathing isn't great in that kind if heat ..we have an outdoor concert tonight im hoping to see how the air is,and if its possible to meet my friends down there ,the high today 91