WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,508 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Lisa in AR do you have humidity with that heat? Our highs for this week are 102-105 degrees but the humidity is only at 26% or less. Still 🥵 to 🥵 hot!

Talked and worked with a financial company to fix my finances. Going to be a bi relief!! One more stress gone!
    RvRita in NM

Rita - the humidity stays around 40% or higher in the days and 55 to 60 at night. Makes it hard to draw breath outside, and in very short order. I bless Willis H. Carrier's invention of air conditioning every day, and simply stay inside most of the time.

Big kudos on the financial fixes! I remember that feeling, and it stays with you.

Love,
    Lisa in AR

• LisaInArkansas
    Options

Lisa: Your post made me feel very zen.

☘️ Terri

Namaste, my Irish friend. o:)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,679 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 3min 57sec, 33elev, 3.10ap, 123ahr, 171mhr, 6.50mi= 620c
    Strava app = 741c
    Walk home to gym- 11min, .52mi= 49c
    Strava app = 60c
    Treadmill jog- 31.56min, 5.6sp 1mi, 5.8sp next mi, 6.0sp next mi, 7.5 last .10mi, 10.17ap, 135ahr, 173mhr, 5k= 322c
    Walk gym to home- 12min, .53mi= 65c
    Strava app = 62c

Total cal 1056
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Barbara - how would I find out about locum tenens who are needing a place to stay? Maybe check with the hospital?

Your physical therapist has piqued my interest..... :D

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Worked today. Called about an oil change and I was shocked they said to just come in. While the car was being worked on I went to Habitat for Humanity – didn’t get anything. Then to Aldi (which is next door) for only a few things. Going to go to the store with Colby and maybe Jess to get enchiladas for dinner. I’ll eat them, Jess will and I’ll give Vince a pork roast that we have. Jess and Colby are in the pool right now so after they get out we’ll probably go to the store

No work tomorrow so that means I get to exercise. YEEEAAAAA. The plan is to do some of the Biggest Loser the Workout DVD and then some yoga.

Viv – sure hope Maggie is OK and it’s just the heat. Do you have a/c? I know my friend in Switzerland doesn’t have it.

Barbara – I think only twice have I found petite pants in a thrift store. I usually can get by with regular shirts (not petite) but not pants. I look at it as a blessing-in-disguise. Less I spend!

I take my measurements and my tape measure with me to the store, but I still want to try on the clothing. Sometimes the material is just a bit too stretchy.

We had to postpone the pool party but Vince forgot to tell friends of his so they came. Jess, Colby and I went and got chicken enchiladas. Thank goodness I got two boxes so I made some for them along with corn on the cob we had and sourdough bread I had. So it all worked out. Hopefully, they’ll come back next weekend.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    Lanette - We have a small cabin on our property that we rent to traveling medical personnel. They usually have a 90-100 day rotation. They have backround checks through both the state and hospital. We use a service called Furnished Finder that specializes in housing for traveling medical personnel. So far we have had nurses but have had inquiries from radiology tech and a PT. We currently have an ICU nurse here and recently had a nurse anesthetist. There is a charge for Furnished Finder to list your property.

Michelle - so sorry about the kitty. Have fun with Jess and Colby. Hope DH is better soon.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Just skimmin’ only through pg 32, time to snooze.

Done:
    7/14: Move: 1 set pt, beach walk with Joe and the dogs, 55 mins laundry, dogs to powerline, active mins:261 steps: 8437
    Fuel: protein=61g sugar=85g fiber=14g sodium=1789mg fruit=1 vegs=5 CI<CO=587
    Live: Joe, readings, BP,
    Wt: 139.1
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Lanette - We have a small cabin on our property that we rent to traveling medical personnel. They usually have a 90-100 day rotation. They have backround checks through both the state and hospital. We use a service called Furnished Finder that specializes in housing for traveling medical personnel. So far we have had nurses but have had inquiries from radiology tech and a PT. We currently have an ICU nurse here and recently had a nurse anesthetist. There is a charge for Furnished Finder to list your property.

Michelle - so sorry about the kitty. Have fun with Jess and Colby. Hope DH is better soon.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

Sue- thank you for that info! If I ever get serious about this, I now have a place to start.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,332 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I've just bought some Reeboks for my gym sessions. They are much less than half the price of my Brooks running shoes! All leather, white, and very classic. DH has the same ones. I only need them for the machines and the straps will mark them, I know. So don't need anything pricey. Amazon, and easy free returns.
    My old ones are a disgrace and depress me every time I put them on! I bought them from M&S years ago and have only worn them on the machines in our spare room.

Feeling good today. I have the fan running as I lie on my bed. I managed a short gym session and a decent floor and weights this morning before it gets hot later. I've also been catching up on my German and Norwegian, which I did not feel like doing when I was in covid mode. I couldn't work up any enthusiasm for anything!

A large part of England is preparing for a red alert heat warning in the next two days. It won't be as bad here as London. But I'm sure we will feel it. Very few houses have AC. I love my fans, but hot air is hot air.
    I have a Waitrose delivery scheduled for 7-8 am tomorrow. Before the worst heat.

I'm enjoying the freedom of not tracking and logging. Somehow it has boosted my mood. I have also cut down on my exercise regime as it was beginning to feel like a chore. Now I'm enjoying it again. When I feel good I behave better. Feeling low makes me sluggish and I binge and drink. I'm prioritising my mood.

Lots of love to everyone. Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,790 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake.. and did the dishes ,will hop in the shower in a bit..and then put my mattress topper on and put fresh sheets on and see of that helps.
    Tracy texted me last night that Carmine wore the new sweatshirt i sent her all day.. so thats good.Im glad it went over well
    Miles is feeling better, the baby prunes seem to be working lol
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    f4o5sf5656z8.png
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,939 Member
    Options
    <3B)
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Ya got that right, Lanette!!! OMGosh, I used to LOVE Carson and Leno, even Fallon when he first got on. Now... no one is worth watching! I'm such a HUGGY person too and unfortunately my husband just is NOT! I get my fix from my MoMs and some of my coworkers.

OH MAN, Lisa, 40% humidity! I'd LIVE for that. Humidity in MN "sucks"!!! The minute it gets over 70% I melt, but anything under 60 is fine.

I remember that line, Rebecca. It was in our MoMs manual too. That's why we just didn't "get" this particular wife! smh.

Kelly, you're so right. I remember my gram saying that exact thing! And I think CV made it even worse bc we/they were all stuck inside and there were no ramifications to their actions/online speech (that they could see) for so long. Looks like you're having fun!
    Btw, thanks for the thanks.

If anyone wants to be FB friends with me, I'm Carla Letch Cooper, but I am very conservative and I post A LOT (but I'm also restricted quite a bit... LOL) so you can scroll on by. I don't push anything on anyone. Just post to share info. I don't rant. I research. I also post a bunch of touchy-feely and inspiration, daily scripture and family stuff. Just let me know, via PM, that you're from MFP, bc I don't accept random FB friendships. Love y'all!

Carla, in MN
  • LisaInArkansas
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    I have been reading along but not taking notes.
    Like a lot of you we finally had some hot weather. It didn’t last long and today is rainy and damp again.

I had my Grandson and his friend here for the weekend. They arrived on Friday and are going home today. They are 10 and I’ve truly enjoyed having them.
    We went to see Lightyear yesterday afternoon and came home and set a tent up in the yard and they slept there. Their plan was to stay up all night, apparently they lasted until 12 and 1am.

It will be very quiet this evening.

Ginny - I had to comment on the tools. When my Grandfather passed in 1974, two of my uncles didn’t speak for 20 years because of a fight over tools. It was ridiculous.

Hugs - I am a big hugger. My husband gives the best and lets me settle in if I need it. He is a keeper.

Social Media - I don’t share anything on my FB that could be controversial. I share happiness, kindness, gratitude posts and mostly things that are going on in my life. I was raised not to discuss religion, politics and money in public so I don’t.
    I’m very much a live and let live type of person.

Waiting for one set of parents to arrive to pick up my Grandson’s friend. I will drive Grandson home.

I may see if you hear daughter is up for a visit this afternoon. I haven’t decided yet.

Tracey in Edmonton