WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Debbie ~ So sorry for you and your husband concerning the MnL! Y'all are so good to continue to put up with her mean ways. I suppose a lot of it is the decline of her mental state and physical abilities.

Leslie ~ Lovely photos of you and your husband and the lake. Must have been a wonderful get-a-way.

I am so proud of myself! Our modem died this AM and we had no tv, internet, or landline. I went to the internet store and got a new modem, put the connections on, and then spent over an hour trying to get everything right. Our internet provider finally sent me the app needed to get the new modem working.

Also, went to the dermatologist to have more of my sun damaged spots iced. She is prescribing a cream to use for 14 days that is supposed to chemically get rid of all the places on my arms and hands. I was told that doing this would not be pleasant as it is a very harsh treatment. But, it will be good to have some of the sun damage removed.

Carol in GA

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,528 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    OMG Rebecca, I remember how our eldest DD was when AJ was in The Corps. One day she said, "Well, just tell her to get for leave for Kolten's BD!" (her son) Yeah, cuz that's gonna happen. I love that "civilian mindset". She really thought it was just like asking for time off, like in a regular job. Bless her heart. She couldn't even wrap her head around it when we explained that the military doesn't work that way. She said, "why not?"

OH PIP!!! One of my biggest fears! At least my pix are immediately backed up to Google so there's that. But I LIVE by my phone. It has all my alarms and notifications and just everything! I'd go nutz!

Grands are coming for the weekend so AJ can attend a wedding. I'll be exhausted by Monday, but that's okay... love them little buggers and they love being here.

Carla, in MN

Yep, for most of the time my family has snubbed my husband because they think he's snobbish. My sisters and I were invited to Hawaii, paid for by my father because he had a condo once. We paid for our spouses. My husband had been to so much of the touristy places he would rather relax by the pool and read. They had whole days packed traveling to this place and that. My husband and I were just glad to be together, because he had been out to sea. So they thought we were so rude and aloof. My eldest sister is still kind of mad at my husband for (in her eyes) not letting me be all I can be, (whatever that means!). To explain that there's a specific way to act being a military wife, and mother is hard to explain to civilians. That your actions reflect on your sailor, and if overseas your actions reflect what they view of all Americans.
    I belong in a Facebook military moms group, and some of the moms get reality 101 lesson from me sometimes. Telling them the reality of the Navy world helps me deal with my issues with my sailors.👍🙏.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,506 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    💞
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,014 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Debbie ~ So sorry for you and your husband concerning the MnL! Y'all are so good to continue to put up with her mean ways. I suppose a lot of it is the decline of her mental state and physical abilities.

Leslie ~ Lovely photos of you and your husband and the lake. Must have been a wonderful get-a-way.

I am so proud of myself! Our modem died this AM and we had no tv, internet, or landline. I went to the internet store and got a new modem, put the connections on, and then spent over an hour trying to get everything right. Our internet provider finally sent me the app needed to get the new modem working.

Also, went to the dermatologist to have more of my sun damaged spots iced. She is prescribing a cream to use for 14 days that is supposed to chemically get rid of all the places on my arms and hands. I was told that doing this would not be pleasant as it is a very harsh treatment. But, it will be good to have some of the sun damage removed.

Carol in GA

sadly Carol- this has always been her mental state- just a mean woman- all she wants is a maid to wait on her hand and foot while she treats them like dirt. This is nothing new. Now that she is physically feeling better, the meanness has come back even more than before.. She really does find so much joy in causing torment to others, especially her son, who now is the only one she has left and he feels obligation to take care of her. No love, care,etc- just obligation.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Viv--I have a tens unit I got at Walgreens and I use that when my knees and back are giving me fits. I do think it helps. I hope your mom has good luck with the one she ordered.

Pip--Sorry to hear you lost your phone. :'(

Heather--Great news on the new shoes. They can make such a positive or negative inpack on how we walk. B)

Debbie--How terrible. I agree he needs to record these things and talk to someone. Keeping it inside is not good for him or you. Remember we are here for you so vent all you want. I don't know the spoilier thing and don't worry. If someone doesn't want to read it, they can skip over it.

Rebecca--You are truely a special lady and good for the military.

Well glad it is Friday, feel I say that a lot, but I am. It is 100 outside and when I get off at 6pm. going to ride the motorcycle to a little town about 30 miles away with our CMA group for supper. By then it should be cooling down. Tomorrow have 2 birthday parties. DSIL a surprise for her 75th and then DGS who just turned 8. Sunday is church and then I may have the afternoon to myself as DH is going to help at a Art in Park event.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Whidislander
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Viv--I have a tens unit I got at Walgreens and I use that when my knees and back are giving me fits. I do think it helps. I hope your mom has good luck with the one she ordered.

Pip--Sorry to hear you lost your phone. :'(

Heather--Great news on the new shoes. They can make such a positive or negative inpack on how we walk. B)

Debbie--How terrible. I agree he needs to record these things and talk to someone. Keeping it inside is not good for him or you. Remember we are here for you so vent all you want. I don't know the spoilier thing and don't worry. If someone doesn't want to read it, they can skip over it.

Rebecca--You are truely a special lady and good for the military.

Well glad it is Friday, feel I say that a lot, but I am. It is 100 outside and when I get off at 6pm. going to ride the motorcycle to a little town about 30 miles away with our CMA group for supper. By then it should be cooling down. Tomorrow have 2 birthday parties. DSIL a surprise for her 75th and then DGS who just turned 8. Sunday is church and then I may have the afternoon to myself as DH is going to help at a Art in Park event.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

What a sweet thing to say friend! I recall the feelings I felt when each of my sons went in the military. Lee helped me by letting me reorganize the living room, and changing bedrooms around. Little did I know it was a great distraction from the angst I felt in the kids leaving. It physically worked out the trauma of my worried heart. He is a smart cookie.💖👍. I have learned some good coping mechanisms that I pass on to many of the new Navy mommas. It makes me feel accomplished to know I am passing on the tools I have learned to get by.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Vicki- THANK YOU!!! Exactly what I needed to hear today- I appreciate it so much.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Monday the 11th invested 30 mins sorting paper, only able to purge 5 pcs, but organized into 3 piles: act on now, file now, try again later. ;) Cleared the deck for marathon minute writing session for last month’s fire district board meeting, barely in time for Wednesday’s, meeting :P

Welcome @bethe Beth in upper south TX ;) Would love to learn to spin and see pics of your fibre art.
    Barbie that Benjamin Franklin quote made me laugh out loud! Thanks!
    Terri and Lanette, Joe is the purger of our family and I am the one that keeps old stuff. Like the club chair I’ve had since college that one day I’ll learn to reupholster. :naughty: Joe’s moved it 6 times now and every few months asks when he can take it to the dump…
    Heather your going out from your comfort zone, what a great memory gift to, and example for Edie. BravaNonna!
    Michele ((hugs)) and prayers for Lexi, Vince and you.
    Kylia whew for the mammo results, congrats on the win, understand about the trophy;) What Okie and Lisa said so very very weill. ((hugs))
    Rebecca, a pipe organ in your sister’s garage?!? That sure trumps my antique gas stove ;)
    Suebdew wish I could take your water aerobics classes!
    Debbie so sorry DH’s justified bitterness spills over onto you. Is there a compassionate way you can call him on it? You are not his mother, you didn’t do those things to him, you are his partner in life and on his side.
    Machka, that sitting room, not just a different ceiling fixture but a different sofa. It would take a crane to get me out of that one. Love the color palette and woodwork though. But OH that Library, Other than choosing a different colored upholstery fabric all its missing is a fireplace and a rolling library ladder.
    Lanette, loved that 60 mins Australia segment on aging. Gives me hope and strength to resist medicating my occasional hypertension… ;)
    Rita hooray for the healing power of your saltwater lake!

Only through page 27, but need to take in the recycling as the center is closed on weekends. Will stop by Gold Beach Lumber for some more organic potting soil, and pick up cottage cheese, greek Yoghurt, sweet peppers, Wasabi peas, pepperoni, a white peach and an English cucumber at Freddie’s.

Done:
    7/12: Move: 1 set pt, dogs to powerline, 75 mins line dancing, 45 mins playing with plants, 33 mins laundry. active mins:270 steps: 7182
    Fuel: protein=54g sugar=55g fiber=15g sodium=1806mg fruit=1 vegs=5 CI<CO=948
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, minutes,
    Wt: 140
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,331 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    thutch7 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Tracy and I am pushing the big SIX ZERO, yikes !! I have 15 pounds to lose and I have to say "it hasn't been easy". I am glad I found this group and hope to find inspiration here as well.

Welcome Tracy- I hit the 6 0 a few months ago- have 15-20lbs to loose and it is HARD. They just won't let go

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Monday the 11th invested 30 mins sorting paper, only able to purge 5 pcs, but organized into 3 piles: act on now, file now, try again later. ;) Cleared the deck for marathon minute writing session for last month’s fire district board meeting, barely in time for Wednesday’s, meeting :P

Welcome @bethe Beth in upper south TX ;) Would love to learn to spin and see pics of your fibre art.
    Barbie that Benjamin Franklin quote made me laugh out loud! Thanks!
    Terri and Lanette, Joe is the purger of our family and I am the one that keeps old stuff. Like the club chair I’ve had since college that one day I’ll learn to reupholster. :naughty: Joe’s moved it 6 times now and every few months asks when he can take it to the dump…
    Heather your going out from your comfort zone, what a great memory gift to, and example for Edie. BravaNonna!
    Michele ((hugs)) and prayers for Lexi, Vince and you.
    Kylia whew for the mammo results, congrats on the win, understand about the trophy;) What Okie and Lisa said so very very weill. ((hugs))
    Rebecca, a pipe organ in your sister’s garage?!? That sure trumps my antique gas stove ;)
    Suebdew wish I could take your water aerobics classes!
    Debbie so sorry DH’s justified bitterness spills over onto you. Is there a compassionate way you can call him on it? You are not his mother, you didn’t do those things to him, you are his partner in life and on his side.
    Machka, that sitting room, not just a different ceiling fixture but a different sofa. It would take a crane to get me out of that one. Love the color palette and woodwork though. But OH that Library, Other than choosing a different colored upholstery fabric all its missing is a fireplace and a rolling library ladder.
    Lanette, loved that 60 mins Australia segment on aging. Gives me hope and strength to resist medicating my occasional hypertension… ;)
    Rita hooray for the healing power of your saltwater lake!

Only through page 27, but need to take in the recycling as the center is closed on weekends. Will stop by Gold Beach Lumber for some more organic potting soil, and pick up cottage cheese, greek Yoghurt, sweet peppers, Wasabi peas, pepperoni, a white peach and an English cucumber at Freddie’s.

Done:
    7/12: Move: 1 set pt, dogs to powerline, 75 mins line dancing, 45 mins playing with plants, 33 mins laundry. active mins:270 steps: 7182
    Fuel: protein=54g sugar=55g fiber=15g sodium=1806mg fruit=1 vegs=5 CI<CO=948
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, minutes,
    Wt: 140
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Its more like a storage shed, they have a lot of stuff still unpacked!
    Rebecca