WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Michel so sorry to hear about Lexi. Hope Vince is recovering from his fall, I've fallen twice lately, (only my pride got hurt) hoping not to fall a third time.

I'm another shortie 5foot nothing and a pear shape! I hate the way I look, nothing looks good on me, I was doing well losing weight, exercising and feeling so much better but fell on the ice a few years ago and hurt my ribs, couldn't move for weeks without pain and it undid all my good work. Now I can't seem to get back to it. I know it's my own fault, I need to move more and exercise regularly and cut down on empty calories etc. I must admit my knee seems less painful if when I exercise, so I really need to make more of an effort.

Talking of pain, my mum has just sent off for a "Pain be gone" type of TENS pen. She has been in so much pain that she is willing to try anything. It has a 60 day money back guarantee so if it doesn't work for her we can send it back. There was a special offer on with a free tube of pain relief cream and free delivery. I've heard of TENS machines but this is shaped like a pen and you put where the pain is and click the end and voila pain be gone. I'm a bit sceptical but as I said she is willing to try anything.

Rebecca I hope you hear from your son soon.

Sue in WA torn ligament and torn tendon OUCH! Hope the PT helps.

Pip sorry you lost your phone.

Katla hope your plans go ahead smoothly and your DH continues to improve.

It's a little cooler today, we didn't get into town yesterday even though it stopped raining. Looks like we'll be going today, but we'll see, might just ask if mum wants to go to the nearby shops and have a coffee instead. I don't think she needs anything in particular, just wants to get out of the house for a few hours. I am still feeling drained and not sure I'm up to a long walk into town. Doesn't help that I haven't had a good nights sleep for a few weeks.

Take care and love to all
    Viv UK

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,331 Member
    Options
    Pip: Darn!!! What a pain to lose your phone!

Heather:[ Good to know you’re getting back to normal. It’s just started raining here, so it’s taking the heat out of the air. I always wonder about the privacy aspect of the publication of memoirs.

b]Sue: [/b]PT does work. Start with short sessions and build up.

☘️ Terri
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    nice shoes
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    Gg
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,506 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LadyOzark
    LadyOzark Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Happy Friday all! :)

Just back from a little 2 Day / 3 Night excursion my oldest bought for us to ‘get away’ and enjoy time alone! We stayed at a lovely B&B in the historical town of Eureka Springs. <3 We showed up to check in and the cottage we were supposed to stay in had a bad A/C so we were upgraded to an even nicer cottage with a jacuzzi! We had such a great time! Back to the calorie counting!!

One of the best things we did was peddle boating out on Lake Leatherwood! It was inexpensive, beautiful and so much fun!

3u8lgbzbcy5w.jpeg
    o98uf6iqnzaz.jpeg
    0pzixn0aqsh5.jpeg
    vz0yvucqn4qx.jpeg
    eo0b5n2zf6tr.jpeg
    s55et2u7os8v.jpeg

Lanette
    Leslie - wow, I'm impressed with that ring. Are you sure you are a beginner in the silversmithing realm? I think there are classes around here, that looks like something I'd enjoy.

Thank you!! That’s kind of you to say. :) I’m really glad I took it up and am so excited to do more. It’s fun learning new skills. Do it! I was a bit nervous about the learning curve but it was easier than I thought. :smiley:

Viki
    Leslie--Thanks for sharing your furbabies. They all bring us so much more than people realize. I have had a pet most my life and not sure how I would handle not having one. The ring is very nice and looks like you have a talent for it.

Thank you Viki! Our fur babies mean a lot to us. They are so amazing and unique to each of us that own and care for them. The jewelry / silversmithing is challenging but I’m excited to learn more and hope to build a mini A frame studio. We’ve been talking about it so we’ll see.

Take care all!
    Leslie from The Ozark’s!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,527 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Heather--Sending hugs. The heat does me in also. I could not make it without air conditioning. Today and next several days the are expecting 100 plus. I hate summer and so looking forward to Fall.

Michele--So sorry about Lexi. Just know you gave her a good life. What is it with our DH's falling. Mine did at church this last Sunday. Did a number on his arm, hand, and leg. He told me he needs to learn to tuck and roll. This is his 3rd fall in just over a month. He went to the doctor the last time and all he said was he didn't break anything and was breathing ok. Hope Vince is feeling better and not so sore anymore.

Add me to the short list. I am 5-2 and getting shorter every year it seems. My grandma and Aunts on my dad's side were only just over 4 foot when they passed. Think I am taking after them. My DGC love having pictures taken with me once they are taller.At my tallest I was 5-5.

Allie--Sorry to hear about your friend losing her DH.

Rebecca--Sending hugs. I know it is hard when our children grow up, but to not text or call in this long is just wrong. I do hope you hear something soon. I do know from expereince that the longer it goes on the harder it is to make the call.

Been a strange day at work and something happened that really upset me. We charge phones for patients and this one came down and when it was done charging and came on was a very nasty picture on the screen. He is a middle aged man and I swear it was a minor. So turned it over to security. Now I just feel ill.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

Yes, I know he must feel guilt about it. Looking back on how he has always been about either writing letters or cards to family, it was always such a struggle. If its not about him, he can write a saga like nobody's business but put his feelings down that's another story! I fear him getting statewide and disappearing altogether. Whatever it is that is stopping him from picking up a phone, or not sending a postcard needs to be addressed. He needs to know we love him regardless of anything he can't tell us apparently. I just miss his quirky humor and the sound of his voice.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,527 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Clothes ... I dread clothes shopping. So when I find something that I like I buy multiples ... if it's a top, different colors. I'm 5'8, long legs and very short torso ... so it's a challenge. I have done online shopping and only use sites that make the return process easy. Now that I'm retired, I really don't have need for much, but I do like to have nicer things for church. I no longer wear skirts/dresses, but always have dressy slacks on hand.

Michelle ... hope Vince is ok ... and sorry for the loss of Loki...

Katla ... I am praying for you and your husband as you make significant changes. It's not easy and you can expect to have difficult moments, but it sounds like your family only has your best interest at heart.

Rebecca ... I'm saddened every time you write that the youngest son has not reached out to you. You handle it extremely well, but someday he is going to regret lost opportunities.

I have spent the past few days hedge and shrub trimming our yard. Last summer my guys just gave up after I broke my leg and everything was overgrown. Still have a lot to do, but the things look neater. The weeds are finally under control and beds are ready for mulch ... a little late ... but who cares. Working on how to hide a really dumb spot in the front yard where the septic tank sits... it's too high (and can't be lowered) and every summer the grass dies over top of it in a perfect rectangle. I'm considering reshaping the front landscaping beds to incorporate the tank and then just cover with mulch.

Beth near Buffalo

I appreciate you letting me vent every so often. It helps in coping so much. Hugs!
    Rebecca
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,101 Member
    Options
    I did my yoga and fast marching. Yay!

Debbie so sorry about the situation with your MIL. It sounds truly awful to give so much of your time and get horrible accusations in return. Wishing you strength to deal with it all.

Annie in Delaware
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,514 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Minus 2.2 ft tide Thursday morning. Had Lone Ranch beach to ourselves for a good half hour before other folks started arriving and we had to leash up. Cool, foggy, joyful dogs exploring tidepools and rolling in the sand, happy husband, glorious start to yesterday!

Rita :love: yours to Machka. Ditto to you.
    Debbie stunning steps. Bravissima! Well done for foregoing your walk in favor of being there with DH, even though he didn’t take advantage of the opportunity. Keep trying, hoping your good efforts will be rewarded. Sometimes just sitting beside and being quiet can elicit surprising conversations with Joe… sometimes not :{
    Allie and Ginny your mental images of Michele going walkabout in her exercise underwear made me choke my tea! Thanks for starting my morning with a reverse snort belly laugh.
    Beth bravo to your DH and you for embracing his new nutrition guidelines. Would you share any helpful links?
    Rori yours also to Machka. :brokenheart:
    Michele, I’ve hand fed/force fed both cats and dogs, but neither was a nearing end of life situation. Case by case.
    Rebecca if you haven’t eaten meat in awhile, your gut biome slows production of the enzymes needed to digest it. When I was a veg, whenever I “slipped” I paid for it in toilet room time.
    Tracey thanks for understanding and hurrah for the singing groundhog. :love:
    Viv send that heat over here, please?
    Katla ((hugs))
    Machka yours to Katla ((hugs))
    Heather so glad your brave honesty was rewarded by DSIL’s response. Bravissima!
    Lisa hooray for mostly good blood numbers.
    Lanette are there many locum tenens in your area? IMHO could be reliable, responsible, short term renters. Thought of this as my miracle-working physical therapist’s contract is up and he’s leaving next week :sad: He’d been renting a room in town as rental apartments are scarce and houses non-existent.
    LadyOzark :love: the ring. What kind of stone is that?
    Vicki Terrifying! Thankful for the guidance your DH received, just in time!
    Kim did your roommate move out? Can’t remember.

Like the nasty boating accident near Allie, our Fourth celebration was shredded by a terrible auto accident. A man, slumped over the steering wheel in his van, plowed into several RV’s camped at the beach. One woman airflighted to another city for treatment, another and the man treated at local ER and released, but one woman died at the scene. Her 11 year old daughter was just a little ways away on the beach when it happened. :cry:

Only through page 25, but time to get outside in this glorious weather, blue sea, bright sky high will be 70?

Done:
    7/11: Move: 1 set pt, PT appt, dogs to powerline, 79 mins line dancing, 42 mins playing with plants
    active mins: 264 steps: 7727
    Fuel: protein=51g sugar=80g fiber=10g sodium=2172mg fruit=1 vegs=2 CI<CO=509
    Live: Joe, readings, BP
    Wt: 141.1
    7/10: Move: 1 set pt, 74 mins play with plants steps: 7568
    Fuel: protein=51g sugar=81g fiber=13g sodium=2316mg fruit=1 vegs=4 CI<CO=536
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, church, fellowship, Beatles tribute band concert
    Wt: 141.8 poopy plateau
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.