WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    2rm2by4o0d97.jpeg

For all of us individuals! Lol. We are who we are so don’t try to be anything else!

Katla, great idea! Being near family during the healing process but not in the same house sounds perfect.

RvRita
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Kim ~ I didn't realize you were so short! I am 5'1" so know what you mean about getting pants that aren't a foot too long. The biggest problem I have had with Amazon returns is that some stores make you mail the item back to their company instead of just taking them to the Amazon kiosk at UPS or Kohls. I must admit that with my strange figure, finding tops and bottoms that look OK is not easy. Some have ended up in the trash.

Carol in GA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla,

This is a very difficult time for you. I'm so sorry.

I have to say, your adult children sound extremely caring & competent, and I'm really glad they will help you through this.

Taking the RV to Illinois sounds like a great temporary solution - you'll be near your family, but able to maintain your privacy.

Safe travels, and healing thoughts for your husband.

(((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,097 Member
    Options
    Michele Sorry that Vince fell. Hope he is okay. And so sorry to hear about Lexi. Sending comfort to all of you.

Katla Comfort and hugs to you too. Sounds like big changes, but you will do well. So glad you have family to help.

I am frustrated with Amazon. I waited for their big sale to buy my Dad a new tablet, and now they are sold out of the one I want. And the price never went down! Not a big problem in the overall view, just frustrating.

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Michele - sorry to hear about Lexi, sending good thoughts to you and Vince.

Kim
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked and while I was taking Jerry home Vince called to say that the guy who I buy his corn on the cob (it’s soooooo good) from will meet me at 11. So I took Jerry home and got the corn. Went to the gym and had every intention of going but Vince called, I could tell he was upset. Lexi’s blood work came in and she’s in end stage renal failure. Vince was quite upset so I went to the Salvation Army to make the donation then he asked me to stop at Food Lion to get baby food for Lexi (she ate some at the vet’s yesterday). Then had a teleconference with our financial advisor afterwards went to WalMart. But they didn’t have any rotisserie chicken (well, the only one they had was lemon pepper and I didn’t know how peppery it was) so went to Sams. They didn’t have any either. So back to Food Lion where I was able to get a chicken.

Made the chicken casserole, now will bake it. Think we’ll have to shuck the corn tonight so probably no walk.

Carla – so sorry for Anne

Rebecca – we love you dearly...quirks and all!

I was just in the kitchen and I heard this “help me”. Seems that Vince fell. I think it’s more because he was power washing and the heat gets to him so he wasn’t feeling well. He’s laying down right now. I think he’ll be fine.

Had a long power failure which is why I didn’t post last night.

Worked today and when I came home Vince said that during the night Lexi went downstairs, laid in the home theater seating, and pooped and peed in it. She was laying in it. She just can't get up to get to the litter box. I guess the saving grace is that she has dementia and has no idea what she's doing. If she did, she'd probably be horrified.

Lexi has ESRF. She’s REALLY going downhill. We have an appointment at 4:45 to put her down. We are going to have the pool party on the 21st instead. Vince fell yesterday and hurt his rib so by then it should be somewhat healed. Not going to bowling (no biggie for me) since we didn’t know what time we needed to take Lexi. It’s sad, but her quality of life has really deteriorated and we know it won’t get better.

Had to finish cooking the corn since the power went out while I was cooking it

Jess left last night for Raleigh. I’m pretty sure she’ll be back Friday

M – as you know, I like to shop thrift stores, too. One bad thing is that afterwards when you go to a store you say “there’s no way I’ll pay $14.99 for a blouse when I can get it at the Salvation Army for $3.99”. But you never know what you’ll find. The good thing is that if after you get home you decide you don't like the blouse or whatever, you don't feel bad redonating it.

katla – I hope things work out well for you

Kim – fortunately, all of the thrift stores around here let you try on clothes. There was one thrift store in FL that for a time right after Covid they didn’t let you try on. So I didn’t buy from them. However, last time I was there they let you try on things

Colby is here.

Michele NC
    2 hrs 45 minutes until the vet

Awe, thanks friend! I love you too! We really are all sisters here, and care about each other! We have history!
    💖🙏👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,011 Member
    Options
    All I wear are leggings- summer time the are capri length, in the winter they are long and thicker(some are like flannel but stretchy and others are more like valour.
    I am all about comfort. I can't remember the last time I wore jeans- I think it was at least 5 yrs ago. I can't stand any pressure at all on my stomach like from regular pants. Leggings can't be too tight for the same reason.
    I love shopping at thrift stores. We have our favorite one- it is huge and great prices.
    For me, it is all about the feel- if the fabric isn't super soft, I don't care how cute or cheap it is, not going to buy it.
    Because of that, I rarely buy any clothes online. I have bought a few zumba tank tops but otherwise I don't buy online.
    I really need to clear out my closet again- have a bag started- Tons of clothes and I rarely wear 80% of them.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Kim ~ I didn't realize you were so short! I am 5'1" so know what you mean about getting pants that aren't a foot too long. The biggest problem I have had with Amazon returns is that some stores make you mail the item back to their company instead of just taking them to the Amazon kiosk at UPS or Kohls. I must admit that with my strange figure, finding tops and bottoms that look OK is not easy. Some have ended up in the trash.

Carol in GA

Carol- I am another shortie- 5'
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Michelle- I am sorry you are going through that with Lexie- Have had to go through it too many times this past year. Never gets any easier but you know you are doing the right thing.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,318 Member
    Options
    Michele: So sorry about Lexi.We have them for such a short time. You are doing the best thing for her comfort. Hope Vince hasn’t hurt himself badly in that fall.

Rita: Weird? Moi? I prefer to think of myself as eccentric 😝

Katla: Sounds like you have a workable interim plan of action.

Kim: I I’m another shortie (5’2”) and I wear smart/casual, lightweight jersey trousers, and comfortable tunics which cover my derrière, (which is the most stubborn to get rid of). I like a bit of bling on my tunics. Not a fan of jeans as I have yet to find a pair which fit me comfortably. 🥰thrift stores. Sometimes you find gold in them thar bins!

Heather: I have mixed feelings about my upcoming trip, but I expect things will work out fine. I hope you continue to recover from the dreaded Covid!

I’ve been trimming hedges this afternoon so am knackered, (but happy 😝) I’m almost falling asleep, so will get to bed.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating. Enjoy whatever comes to you.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them. May your troubles be fleeting.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies. Come back often.

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,097 Member
    Options
    I am a jeans and tee shirt person, although lately I wear soft knit pants if I am about to work out, which is daily. I like the Eddie Bauer long tee shirts, but many of mine are getting ragged. I wear them around the house anyway.

Annie in Delaware
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion of the tape measure... As a seamstress I should have thought of it LOL but I guess I have been so dependent on the changing room I had not thought of it. I ended up with jeans as my go to, because other pants fit so poorly, and gardening in lighter weight pants did not give me enough protection for all the shrubs/thorns/etc. It may be time for a complete re-think. I can't imagine going to skirts though. it will be some form of pants.

the frustrated shopper in N. California