WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »

Another fun day at work. The state people did not show up this week and the higher ups are running around trying to make everything perfect. I feel if you do your job the way you are to it doesn't matter if and when they show up.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

I always felt the same way. Do it right then it doesn't matter who is checking in.

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,128 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

I have had opportunities to do some social things recently, and realized that my wardrobe is very limited. Then I read some of the notes and truly do not know how some of you do it on such few items. I have 20 pair of sox, 5 short, 5 heavy woolen for early morning walks, and 10 in various length and weight. Then undies and bras and I am over the quantity that I think Rebecca listed for her whole wardrobe.

But I wanted a pair of summer pants and a top that could be layered with a shirt (one I have or a new one) I am going to a picnic and will probably end up sitting on the grass or a blanket and my only summer pants are a very light grey – I just did not want grass stains.

I went to 3 stores and could not find anything even to try on. I have not been clothes shopping for 5+ years, and there were very few items and most of those were for 20-year-old very thin folks. I don’t want see through tops, arm holes so big that If I turned wrong my breast would pop out the arm hole! No ripped jeans for me, nor leggings or pants with huge bright flowers on them. A small sized print or stripe something that fit in a way that I would not be embarrassing myself. But driving to the next group of stores was too much I was overwhelmed. My guess is the way this is going is to online shopping – which seems so hard. With dozens of trips to the post to return stuff.

One of the stores had no dressing rooms and a no return policy – the clerk said most folks just take clothes off in the isle's of the store and try stuff on - Not for me! I can’t imagine!!!

I’ll face this tomorrow - I really need another pair of pants.

Sending love to all.

Kim in N. California

I often shop at OP shops (thrift stores, second-hand stores) ... picked up a like-new lightweight cardigan and pair of pants today for $6 total. Sadly the pants are just a bit small for me (I didn't bother trying them on) but hopefully I'll get down there.

Those sorts of places often have last year's fashions which might suit me better than whatever is current.

For example, the new clothing shops are full of tents ...

oicgoesdmx5v.png

Or these ...

cyfm3v8ei9c8.png

The OP shops have much more traditional clothing.

But regarding the see through tops and the tops with big arm holes ... you wear them with a tank top or short-sleeved T-shirt underneath.

And leggings are worn with a skirt over them.

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,788 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept pretty well and am up and dressed to go watch little boy.. tomorrow morning is a mammogram and theni dont know if Tracy,Miles and I are doing something or not.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,128 Member
    Options
    July 13 - 12 extra minutes of daylight in the evenings. :)

Day 7 in the new job. :)

And my 5-year cancer check. Looks like things are all clear but of course, there was a biopsy and a sample sent to the lab.

M in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Kelly/KJ ~ I am glad to hear that your husband has decided to come. 11 children under 7 would be a huge task for me.

Kim ~ I do a lot of online shopping (Amazon and Walmart) and have a horrible time trying to find something that fits. The idea of trying on clothes in a store is painful to me.

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,788 Member
    Options
    Katla- sounds like a sound plan and you will be close to your children for the time being. Your home in Oregon sounds beautiful and glad you are keeping it for now..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,101 Member
    Options
    I did my fast marching and my yoga. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    We have had a tough time for awhile. DH had a major heart attack. He is now in a nursing facility. DD & her husband are caravanning via our RV and car to their home in Illinois. I will travel with them and move into our RV when we arrive.

DH will fly to Illinois soon after we get there. Our niece will take him to the Portland airport and he will fly to Illinois. We will meet him at the Chicago airport and go to DD’s property. Our RV will become our temporary home while a house they own will be made ready for us to live there.

We are keeping our home in Oregon. We love our home here. Friends here will monitor our home while we are away to make sure it is okay.

That is the plan & I hope it works well.

Katla

Dear friend, just know you are acclimating to whatever lies ahead, in a way that works for you and husband and family. I notice the care and concern but great relief as your kids are helping and adjusting as need be. Know we are a click away! Big hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,506 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Machka – I love thrift or second hand stores - so here leggings are worn as pants, and show more than I am ok with for me, and I don’t want to wear a skirt over them, I really want a casual look – so jeans and a top are more my style - I was hoping for a jean style pant out of lighter weight material. I am only 5 feet tall and still pudgier than I want to be, so want clothes to help me look taller and thinner not shorter and heavier… I am completely uncomfortable in any sort of snug top under an over shirt – I don’t find it physically comfortable and then it is one more layer of warmth (not needed) and one more thing to own/clean/pay for. My personal dress style is much more simple 1960’s hippy/Bohemian (less fringe/lace or beads) but even that is not quite right. That is part of my challenge I know what I like when I see it but it is hard for me to put it into words.

None of my local thrift stores allow you to try on, and I have a hard time picking out pants that fit… I have 3 pair of jeans now and they are in 3 different sizes. And my summer grey pants are yet a different size and are actually capri’s that are so long I wear them with a 1 inch heel and they are perfect as long pants. LOL

Carol – I have not done much online clothes shopping but did a bit of looking yesterday, found a cute shirt on Amazon but then read the reviews and there were tons of reviews that returns were impossible… how do you find the return process?

Katla – best wishes with the traveling, it sounds like your kids are setting everything up to go as smoothly as it can. It will be nice to be near your kids and grandkids; The RV is a perfect way to bridge the time.

Sending love to all.

Kim in N. California