LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,497 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Carol and Kim – another shortie here – 5’1”

Well, Lexi is over the rainbow bridge and probably playing with Bonnie, Clyde, and others. To be honest, I thought it would be harder on Vince. I think I’ve sort-of prepared myself. Of course, you can never fully prepare yourself. But this was the first time she lost control of her bladder. She was walking from the kitchen into the bedroom and you could see the trail of pee. She was laying on the DVD player (one of her favorite places probably because of the vibration and also for the warmth) and she pooped on it. As I was cleaning it up, I found that she also peed and it ran down to the dresser.

Like I said, the saving grace is that she probably isn’t even aware of what she’s doing.

Michele NC

Michele - glad Lexi is over the bridge! You and Vince gave her a great life and the best care possible. Hope Vince is OK - kind of scary to hear your spouse yell "help".

Katla - sounds like a good decision. So glad the kids were there to help with the planning and get everything orchestrated. Have a safe and pleasant trip to Ilinois! Hope your DH will be flying there soon!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Carol and Kim – another shortie here – 5’1”

Well, Lexi is over the rainbow bridge and probably playing with Bonnie, Clyde, and others. To be honest, I thought it would be harder on Vince. I think I’ve sort-of prepared myself. Of course, you can never fully prepare yourself. But this was the first time she lost control of her bladder. She was walking from the kitchen into the bedroom and you could see the trail of pee. She was laying on the DVD player (one of her favorite places probably because of the vibration and also for the warmth) and she pooped on it. As I was cleaning it up, I found that she also peed and it ran down to the dresser.

Like I said, the saving grace is that she probably isn’t even aware of what she’s doing.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion of the tape measure... As a seamstress I should have thought of it LOL but I guess I have been so dependent on the changing room I had not thought of it. I ended up with jeans as my go to, because other pants fit so poorly, and gardening in lighter weight pants did not give me enough protection for all the shrubs/thorns/etc. It may be time for a complete re-think. I can't imagine going to skirts though. it will be some form of pants.

the frustrated shopper in N. California

I love skirts (with leggings) because they are so comfortable.

Rarely do pants fit me comfortably ... not dress pants, not jeans.

Skirts do fit me because they just have to fit around the waist.

In my new job, everyone wears casual pants (jeans, khakis etc.) and I am struggling with that. I did wear a skirt this week with full length leggings and tall boots and no one commented so I might be able to get away with skirts now and then.

I do have a pair of stretchy thrift store jeans I use for crawling around in the garden in cool weather. Otherwise I am in shorts and a tank top out there.

And I have super stretchy jersey pants as my after work lounge around the house, pre-pyjama pants. Or if I am really comfortable in skirt and leggings, I stay in them for the evening. And shorts for summer of course.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion of the tape measure... As a seamstress I should have thought of it LOL but I guess I have been so dependent on the changing room I had not thought of it. I ended up with jeans as my go to, because other pants fit so poorly, and gardening in lighter weight pants did not give me enough protection for all the shrubs/thorns/etc. It may be time for a complete re-think. I can't imagine going to skirts though. it will be some form of pants.

the frustrated shopper in N. California

I love skirts (with leggings) because they are so comfortable.

Rarely do pants fit me comfortably ... not dress pants, not jeans.

Skirts do fit me because they just have to fit around the waist.

In my new job, everyone wears casual pants (jeans, khakis etc.) and I am struggling with that. I did wear a skirt this week with full length leggings and tall boots and no one commented so I might be able to get away with skirts now and then.

I do have a pair of stretchy thrift store jeans I use for crawling around in the garden in cool weather. Otherwise I am in shorts and a tank top out there.

And I have super stretchy jersey pants as my after work lounge around the house, pre-pyjama pants. Or if I am really comfortable in skirt and leggings, I stay in them for the evening. And shorts for summer of course.

M in Oz

The first three pieces of clothing are staples in my wardrobe. I've got several pair of each.

The short ones go under shorter dresses on hot days to prevent chafing and to provide some modesty when the skirt blows up.

The 3/4 length ones go under dresses, skirts and long tunics (mid-thigh) in the spring and autumn.

The full length ones go under dresses, skirts and long tunics (mid-thigh) in the winter and are often worn with boots of some sort.

Occasionally I can find some with decorative bits. I've got the ones in the photo with the buttons. I've also got some with laces and with lace.

I also like the type in the bottom photo - 3/4 length with wide legs - as long as they're a bit stretchy. They remind me of skirts without the danger of blowing up.

tlgdd6uap20w.pngpei6r756iiqj.pngctdpdxeid6hg.png

cyto1pg5n0p0.png

lb94tqz7ia8k.png

I'm 5'6" with a 31" inseam - long legs, short torso.

Most "normal" pants are too short for me and aren't stretchy enough for comfort.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,318 Member
    Options
    Michele: (((Hugs))) You gave Lexi a good life. Hope DH has got over his fall.
    💕💖💕
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,327 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I decided this morning that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. A renewal is called for. Like Rori, I hate feeling lumpy. So, no drinking tonight.
    My legs have been aching so much at night that I can't sleep. Awake until 4 am last night. It's probably to do with my immune system going into overdrive after covid and triggering my auto immune response. My ex had a flare up of his rheumatoid arthritis and my son's psoriasis got much worse. I have mild hemochromatosis and I've self-diagnosed myself with mild Sjogren's syndrome. Of course, it could just be a reaction to the heat and pollen levels. I notice the aches most at night. Usually the acute phase wears off after a while.
    Whatever it is, I am not happy!
    So, as the day dawned cooler, I decided I was going to walk in to central Hove and visit the new running shop. I need a new pair of running shoes after walking all over lava fields in them in Iceland. I intend to use the refund to my credit card that Saga gave me for the change of embarkation port. DH said he would fund the difference! :D<3
    So, I set off in high hopes Had to visit the huge Tesco first to use the toilets, and buy Polish sausage for my sauerkraut dish. Then found out that the running shop doesn't open until 11 am. :|:#
    It was 9.15 by then.
    I must say the running shop looked very intimidating with its empty space and a few tastefully displayed trainers. Very 'modern' and minimalist. It has good reviews though.
    So I wandered back home again. I counted myself and hour and a half of moderate walking. The furthest I've been since covid. Lovely temperature with a cooling breeze.

So here I am, resting with a cup of coffee.

DH is home today and not bothering to go in for the last day's cricket. It's a foregone conclusion and will be over by lunchtime.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I was just in the kitchen and I heard this “help me”. Seems that Vince fell. ... Vince fell yesterday and hurt his rib

Michele NC

Sorry about Vince and Lexi. :heartbreak:

• Machka9
    Options
    I decided this morning that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. A renewal is called for. Like Rori, I hate feeling lumpy. So, no drinking tonight.
    My legs have been aching so much at night that I can't sleep. Awake until 4 am last night. It's probably to do with my immune system going into overdrive after covid and triggering my auto immune response. My ex had a flare up of his rheumatoid arthritis and my son's psoriasis got much worse. I have mild hemochromatosis and I've self-diagnosed myself with mild Sjogren's syndrome. Of course, it could just be a reaction to the heat and pollen levels. I notice the aches most at night. Usually the acute phase wears off after a while.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

After my second vaccination, my glands swelled up to an immense size and all my muscles ached awfully. I stayed home for a couple days from work because I could barely move.

So it's entirely possible you're feeling something similar with the real thing.'

Give it time. I could be confused by hasn't it only been about a week?

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,784 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Michelle- so sorry about Lexi it is so tough for us to lose our fur babies
    Homer is still holding his own..
    Have to go for a mammogram at 9:15 and have to get some groceries in the house.. but will see how I feel afterwards.
    My dear friend Jen that lost her husband it was her oldest sons 20th birthday yesterday..very hard day for all of them.. i sent her a wind chime with a cardinal on it .
    She will hang it near the hot tub..
    Jay spent alot of time in a tent out in the backyard reading and enjoying nature near the end so she will sprinkle his ashes in the back yard..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele, <3 Sorry about Lexi. Healing thoughts for Vince.

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Michele, so sorry about Lexi. Our fur babies never stay as long as we want them to.

<3Heather, we active people have a hard time resting long enough to feel better.

:) I shop for clothes online by buying exactly the same thing I already have. When something has to thrown out, I buy an exact match to replace it. One in, one out.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Heather ~ Hope you get over the gloomies soon.

Michele ~ Glad to hear that Vince is taking it so well. Do y'all have other cats? I would love to get another pup but can't until DH will agree to it.

Not happy with checking the mail today...Got a notice for jury duty! :( I'm 74 and too old so will have to go to their website and apply to be eliminated. Also, got the notice that it is time to renew my car tag. My car has not even been a thousand miles this year and is over 20 yrs old. So, I will have to submit more info to get that done. I will be able to get a new tag but won't have to pay to get the emissions inspection.

Carol in Ga
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry Michele... sigh

Safe travels Katla. Enjoy your trip.

Carol, Kim, Michele – another shortie here – 5’2” too! Fortunately I sew and was raised by four professional seamstresses (mom, gram and two great-aunts) so I can alter just about anything. I don't worry too much about buying anything too long.

Carla, in MN