WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Options
    Have only lived in one house with AC-the one former hubby and I had after living on base.
    We didn't use it often. I don't think we even had it when he and I lived in Mobile,AL. almost 40 yrs ago so cant remember- I doubt that little place had it.
    Now with my asthma worse, even if we did have it now, I would rarely use it. Cold kicks in my asthma really quick. Something else is irritating it this past month- may be all the time at MIL's because of the dust or the stress but it is every day right now- almost to a point of doing nebulizer treatments again.
    Thankfully, the living room here stays cool most of the time- summer and winter it is cool. If it gets too warm I turn on the fan and open both doors. The guys have window ac units in their rooms but have to replace son's- he said it isn't working- Will tell dh after things calm down with MIL.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Sue, ow! Hope your PT is as successful as mine has been
    Pip aaauugggh! How frustrating! Like Carla I’d be lost without the calendar, contacts and reminders on my phone. No “wallet” stuff though ;) Oooh Big Trees, is that at Calaveras Big Trees State Park?
    Viv it is so hard to make yourself move when your knee hurts, but I keep hearing coach say “Motion is lotion.” Let us know how your mum’s TENS pen works, (fingers Xd.)
    Heather inspiring bravery in your memoirs. Hooray for new shoes and walking pain free!
    Ginny prayers for favorable scan results.
    Allie Hooray for clear mammo!
    Annie “…surely the military will close for a few days for the holidays…” :laugh: SMH
    Leslie your smiles say it all! Labradorite, thanks!
    Rita “…not feeling it” a real tea snorter!
    Debbie inspiring steps. Heart breaking for you and your DH, and even for your MIL. Surely no one is born wanting to be so very very mean. Psych evaluation for her and counseling (ambiguous grief?) for your DH sound very much in order. ((hugs)), prayers and keep us in your pocket. Bravissima for encouraging your DH to go to Contra Costa Con. Hope it gave him respite.
    Rebecca ((hugs)) Thanks for sharing your caregiving support group experience. Hope Debbie can find one nearby at a convenient time. Bravissima for sharing your coping strategies with new Navy Moms. Lemonade ;) How long has your sister lived there? Makes me feel less bad about some of our un-unpacked boxes from the last two moves :laugh:
    Carol bravissima for your tech success! Can the harsh cream be any worse than that cursed freeze gun?
    Welcome @thutch7 Tracy!
    Vicki yours to Debbie about her DH keeping everything inside . . . Exactly! Enjoy your ride!
    Michele hope Vince’s leg pain eases soon.

Only through pg 34 but need to go to sleep… snackless dadgummit!

Done:

7/15: Move: 1 set pt, dogs to powerline,34 mins playing with plants, 8 mins laundry. active mins:232 steps:7619
    Fuel: protein=68g sugar=84g fiber=12g sodium=1239mg fruit=2 vegs=3 CI<CO=562
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, hymns
    Wt: 139.8
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Awe, my sister moved there 1 and a half years ago. These are items they have packed from garage to garage. Since 2012, she has moved about 9 times! The sad unreliable life of being married to a farm implement salesman and store manager. Once they got a store up and on its feet again, they would be told to move again! He's finally retired so they are now in his childhood home and will stay. My sister finally seems calmer💖👍.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    v0q6x7yzc48y.jpeg
    My peanut butter cookies I sent to eldest sailor for his birthday next month. They turned out perfect! These are two I saved for Lee and I. The bite is just my way of claiming which one is mine.🙃😂. I also made chocolate chip. All in all 30 cookies! Wrapped them in saran in 2/3 portions and then in a baggie. I hope they arrive ok. I put newspaper all around in the box so they don't move too much. $16 to mail that.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Slow walk w/family- 2hrs 24min 2sec, 35elev, 2.39ap, 91ahr, 153mhr, 6.29mi= 646c. *picking up trash along the way*
    Strava app = 717c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 48.01min, 318elev, 125aw, 18.8amph, 41 & 45gear, 116ahr, 140mhr, 15.05mi= 333c
    Zwift stats- 48.05min, ,319elev, 124aw, 46arpm, 18.42amph, 15.1mi= 343c

Total cal 979

Got back from our walk a little after 8am and it was already over 80 degrees.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,332 Member
    Options
    Oh Katla, what an awful time you are having. So glad you were able to talk to your DH today. I hope you find some more joy on your birthday. <3 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜

Much love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    <3Katla,

Happy Birthday, dear Katla!

I am glad you are safe and with people who cherish you.

Karen in Virginia
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    KATLA ~ Wishing you a happy birthday and so glad you can talk to your husband.

MARGARET ~ Lovely gardens.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    Katla-

<3 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! <3 So happy you made it to your new home safe and sound. And very glad you got to talk with your DH. That was a great present indeed and I'm sure he loved speaking with you. <3

Lanette B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    Katla - Happy birthday! Hope you get to talk to DH again today. It must be hard to go and leave him behind even when you know he is getting good care. Is your niece checking in on him?

I feel for all of you suffering in heat waves. Would send you some cooler weather if I could.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Katla ... Happy Birthday!es34bz5din5i.jpg

Beth near Buffalo
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    rup9y1vgvrre.gif
    Katla - Happy Birthday
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Our temperatures are nothing like most of you are having. We suffer the long, snowy winters for the mild summers. It is unusual for temperatures to reach 90 ... most summer days are closer to low 80s Still, we have air-conditioning for those few days that are unbearable. The AC is on today because the humidity is outrageous. We have been getting a much needed steady rain since yesterday afternoon. We're just keeping the house closed and the AC really isn't even running anymore.

Beth near Buffalo
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,791 Member
    Options
    Katla- dear friend Happiest of Birthdays,I know it must be so hard to be 1/2 way across the country from the hubby,but I know your both being well taken care of..
    Hope you get to talk to him again today.,sending my love to you xoxox..
    Carmines t shirt came and Tracy said he smiled so thats great.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Katla Happy birthday! I too am so glad you have arrived safely. And so good that you got to talk to DH. Take care!

Annie in Delaware
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Katla. So thankful you arrived safe and that your hubby is being well cared for.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR