:)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    lvpxp0s76gg0.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Why I cycle ... and I need to get on my bicycle again soon!!

gf0vet7us8ly.png

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,714 Member
    Options
    Nn
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla - Happy belated birthday and hugs for you and your husband.

Heather - I have borderline hemochromatosis and very likely mild Sjogren's syndrome. My doctor agrees but tells me there's nothing that can be done.

Beth - I'm 5'6, long legs and very short torso. It is a challenge. Pants are never long enough.

"Working on how to hide a really dumb spot in the front yard where the septic tank sits... it's too high (and can't be lowered) and every summer the grass dies over top of it in a perfect rectangle. I'm considering reshaping the front landscaping beds to incorporate the tank and then just cover with mulch."

Rock garden?

Pip - Sorry about your phone. I know what that's like! I felt so sick when I lost mine.

Debbie - I'm glad you're getting all that walking in. I need to increase my walking. I wonder how many steps 5 km is.

Rebecca - "Being a caregiver I never knew how my husband would be from day to day."

Yep. That's how it will be for the rest of our lives.

Kelly - "Because of my body type, the weight distributed itself everywhere, and pretty evenly. So...it snuck up on me."

Me too.

Tracey - "Social Media - I don’t share anything on my FB that could be controversial. I share happiness, kindness, gratitude posts and mostly things that are going on in my life. I was raised not to discuss religion, politics and money in public so I don’t. I’m very much a live and let live type of person."

Me too!!

You'd get a lot about cycling and brain injury on my FB ... and a lot of cat comics. :)

Military - thought about joining when I was in my early 30s and my first marriage had broken up. I may have been able to retire about now, but I'm glad I didn't join up.

Hugs - I am NOT a huggy person. I don't even like it if someone touches my shoulder or my arm. I have loved the last couple years ... at last random strangers have kept their hands off me. I don't know what it is but elderly ladies used to like to pat my arm and run their hands through my hair, and weird strangers would stand so close to me in lines they'd touch me. <<shudder>>

Weather - quite chilly and snowy here at higher elevations. Not that high either. There was snow down to 200 metres the other night.

Yeah, I'm around ... reading. But very busy.

Learning new job
    First aid course
    Son's hockey game
    Cycling club planning meeting to get next season set up
    Legal stuff
    Medical appointments
    Etc. etc.

Wasn't feeling brilliant yesterday. Very mild fever. RAT in the evening = negative. Maybe just tired.

Machka in Oz

I commend you and the tools you've learned to cope with the changing temperament of your husband from day to day. All you can really do is deal with it, the best you are able, and spin life to the positive. Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Belated Happy Birthday to you sweet Katla!!! I am glad you've arrived safely and can relax somewhat. Glad you also chatted with husband! Its the little things💖. Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,357 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Weren't you applying for other jobs? How is that going?

My son texted just as the taxi was arriving to say that his train from London was delayed because of the heat and there was a trackside fire. An hour's journey took well over three hours. He was lucky to get home, I think. He only went up because someone had flown in from Australia to meet him. Edie wasn't able to get to cello and DH had to pick her up. All three kids walked home with him. HOT! They had all their school books with them.
    The good thing was that DH got a lift back here from my son because he had to take Bea swimming. After feeding the kids. Phew! Hard life being a dad. So DH was home early. <3
    We only got up to 89.6° here. Living room is 80.6.
    London was 104 for my son. :# York for Viv was 98.6. Lots of fires and 8 homes destroyed.
    Heat will break tonight, but it's still 82 outside at 6.45.

I've survived pretty well with lots of rest and podcasts. My trusty fan is a wonder.
    Dinner was a triumph. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Well I am behind again. The last several days have flown by. Got word this morning they have hired my new girl to start Aug 8. Saying a prayer she is a quick learner and stays. Thank God for answered prayers.

DH is home ill again. He overdid at work last week and we were on the run all weekend. So I am hoping a couple days of rest and he will be back up and around. He did the Covid test this morning and it was neg. I tried telling him the crud is going around. Why don't people remember that.

Katla--Glad the trip went well and you are there. Pray things work out so DH can join you soon. Happy day late birthday. I know it is hard being a part. Hugs!

Reading about the heat and I am another one that can not stand the heat with the high humitity. I stay inside as much as I can. We had some strong storms Friday evening and the tornado sirens went off. we ended up with almost 2 inches of rain, but by Saturday afternoon it was all dried up. I am so looking forward to Fall.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Strats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 1min 29sec, 59elev, 3.03ap, 90ahr, 151mhr, 6.18mi= 617c
    Strava app = 704c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 22.50min, 52elev, 15.9amph, 73aw, 103ahr, 115mhr, 6.06mi= 143c
    Strava app = 95c
    Zwift stats- 22.51min, 53elev, 72aw, 53arpm, 15.94amph, 6.07mi= 95c
    Other- 1hr 34min 29sec, organize garage and spray down back patio= 430c

Total cal 1190
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Its in the upper 60's here on Whidbey! My thoughts are with you all dealing with hellish weather!
    I have 2 shirts on in the house, its too cool for me! Today mixed mushrooms, butter, garlic paste, white beans, cut up roasted chicken, chicken broth, fettuccine noodles, half and half and LOTS of spices. S & P, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and Old Bay. It was delightful!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,357 Member
    Options
    The temp started plunging at 7.30 pm. We've opened the windows. It's raining. Still, hot indoors, but it will cool down overnight. :D

DDIL and my son very grateful to DH for his stirling efforts this afternoon. :)

I hope to get started back on my book tomorrow after a five week break. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Oo