The Struggle is Real

Hi, I’m new here and need all the support I can get. Not having much success on my own.
My original home and family are in another state. My spouse works long hours & my in-laws aren’t into exercise and fitness or social gatherings. I’m looking forward to meeting people who can relate to yo-yo struggles of weight loss, weight gain, feeling helpless. I’m ready and open to change and to trying something different to lose weight and keep it off. Let’s go!

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Hi Welcome. You and only you can be the one to make or start your change. Get out of the house, go for walks, runs, sightsee. Ride your bike, Go swimming, Log all your food onto your food diary, keep track, make your goals. if I had to rely on someone else, a spouse or family, it would be very difficult. So get going on your own. :) You can do this!
  • Dwg1217
    Dwg1217 Posts: 24 Member
    Hello. I’m new here and understand the struggles. I’ve started my routine just three days ago and I’m already feeling better. You can add me as a buddy if you’d like.
  • Life_On_The_Lake
    Life_On_The_Lake Posts: 23 Member
    Others do not make you more nor feed you, you got to be in control of your own body and mind and make it move more and eat less.

Exercise

- Find something you enjoy doing that is physical//burns calories and build YOUR OWN program. If you don't enjoy it you wont stick to it. Do not go too hard, too fast or you will burn out. Consistency is key.

Diet/Food

- Eat lower calorie options, figure out what your daily maintenance calories are and aim to eat less than that every day. Like with exercise you need to enjoy what you are eating or you will not stick to it. Cut liquid calories and go with 0 calorie drinks, try coffee with 1 less cream and/or sugar and see if you like it. Find new ways to cook and prepare meals, vegetables are very low calories and filling so fill up on those.

Change takes time. You got to really want it. Find reasons WHY you want it and focus on those as you work on exercise and diet habits one at a time.

Couple of sayings I personally live by.

-It is ok to stumble, just do not fall.
    -If you do fall, get back up right away.
    -Believe in your destination even if it is not within your direct sight or touch and once you can do that take one step at a time and you will get there.

I want you to think about something - When you are driving somewhere you have not been before you follow a GPS and trust it will get you there and even when the thing gets you a little lost you figure it out once you are closer and eventually get to where you are trying to go. Use your natural senses and following your body and minds navigation towards those goals and trust me you will get there.

If you want to look like someone or be like someone or attract someone imo these reasons will not cut it.

Try some of these, see if they work for you.

1. To live longer
    2. To be the best version of ME
    3. To inspire myself
    4. To be proud of my accomplishments no matter how small

Our bodies are beautiful magical natural engines that are incredibly resilient and powerful.
    Fuel it with crap and it will still run but it will run like crap.
    Fuel it with premium fuel and it will run cleaner and more optimal.

I could keep going but I will stop here - Goodluck :)

• goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    theres so many youtube videos...meetup.com...ask spouse to fitness with you when not at work...i believe in family unity...so family first.
  • imruss
    imruss Posts: 7 Member
    go to any reputable website and find out what your basal metabolism rate is. then, calculate your daily calories to maintain weight. eat less than that every day.