New here

Options
I'm having a hard time staying MOTIVATED and CONSISTENT. I'm thinking of joining a new gym in hopes this will set a fire under me, any suggestion ? Anyone?

Replies

• j781mont
    j781mont Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do calistetics
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Do you like gym stuff? It's pretty easy to be consistent when you enjoy what you're doing and when you enjoy what you're doing you don't really need much motivation to do it. I go to the gym a couple days per week to lift weights and that's pretty much it. It's not my favorite place in the world and I don't find it particularly motivating or anything like that.

Moving is what is important and you don't need a gym to do that. Most of my exercise is active recreation. I ride my bike, MTB, hike, walk my dog, kayak, swim, etc. These are all things that I enjoy recreationally and also happen to be great exercise...not much motivation needed. I spent three hours on the river kayaking on Sunday and had a blast. On the 4th the family and I road our bikes down to the parade in our town and afterwards road to lunch and then down to the market to get a few things and then road the trails back home. All in all we put in about 12 miles and had a lot of fun. Then we all jumped in the pool and played for a few hours before grilling our burgers and hotdogs and watched the fire works from our back deck.