Accountability Partner

Options
Hello!!
So I am super struggling! I am looking for an accountability partner to help lose weight. I feel like literally nothing is working and I’m beyond tired of the constant weight gain.
I’m looking for someone that will literally be that annoying friend that will keep pushing you and will not let you give up on yourself. I’m great with being that for others but I fail miserably at being that for myself. (Ex. I absolutely hate canceling on others. Has to be a good reason. But I can set appointments for myself all day every day and cancel every single time. 😩)

Thought I’d put myself out there. I have nothing to lose at this point except all this weight!

For more detail: I’m looking for someone to set a specific workout schedule with. We keep each other accountable in keeping to our schedule. If that means calling at 6am every morning and making sure we’re out of bed and at the gym, that’s what we’ll commit to doing. All the while encouraging and motivating each other along the way.

Replies

• ADC0809
    ADC0809 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I understand your quandary with feeling like an accountability buddy would be a major help.
    I did not always feel that way, years ago I lost 86lbs on MFP (different profile) alone and I would see a lot of post with people looking for buddies. I lost 1/2 of my weight alone without any MFP pals and the second with pals. While I will say, that is what worked for me, currently I have a friend who wants to be my real life accountability buddy or vise versa and I am not happy.

The part of having MFP pals and Fitbit friends is that they are there when I need them. If I am competing or looking at what accomplishments they are making it is to push myself and I don't know if actually having someone to push me at a time I know I need to rest or something would not get tiring for them or me.
    Basically I am trying to suggest that if you are not able to find that accountability buddy of your dreams you can Frankenstein one with the resources here or with other options out there. Because at the end of each day you are your biggest cheerleader, don't give up!
  • SuperAunt2022
    SuperAunt2022 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Susan Carol and ADC. I appreciate both of you taking the time to respond and for giving such uplifting and thoughtful responses. I will keep pushing!! I’m just struggling right now and I am someone who would benefit greatly from the extra nudges and check ins. But until God grants me that person, I’ll keep doing my best.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    In the challenges section, I made a post called “Daily Goal(s).” I use it to make a goal for the day and follow up to say how I did. It helps me to check in and be accountable. You are welcome to join!
  • AustenandBlythe
    AustenandBlythe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm newer here but I feel like I need snapchat buddies that I can just send stuff to about my journey and also see theirs. It pushes me... makes it fun, feeds my social soul. All the good things lol.
  • hvqbvmvrkj
    hvqbvmvrkj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I need an accountability partner too, if you haven’t found one.