Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,714 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Barbara— I like your words, “be still & listen” & also “move more, fuel better, live NOW.” Well said! 💕
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    You know, one thing about the barcode thing, say the item is already in the database. When you use the barcode scan thing, it puts it into the database again. I only need it in there once.

Allie – can Tracey express her milk and have it there for you to give Miles rather than you having to go to her?

Heather – I was a big watch person, too. Always wore and used one. Ever since I’ve been working at BK and my hands are always in water, I’ve been getting used to looking at the time on my phone or someplace else. But it’s still sometimes a pain. I feel for ya, I know how lost the feeling can be.

Melsthe winner – welcome! Fantastic goal!

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,714 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    On Cybersecurity:

Australia's government has a page with tips etc. for cybersecurity: https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/individuals-and-families

For example: How to check your email account security:
    https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/view-all-content/guidance/how-check-your-email-account-security-outlook

Identifying a Phishing Scam Email:
    https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/view-all-content/threats/phishing

And a whole lot more information.

The governments of your various countries probably have something like this too.

Also, your local library or council may offer courses on cybersecurity awareness. If you've got a carer's organisation, they may offer courses too. And seniors organisations might offer courses/events now an then.

Our brain injury organisation just did a session on cybersecurity. We weren't able to attend, but they sent us the information from the session.

Our local university has an open course on cybersecurity which I may take at some point:
    https://short-courses.utas.edu.au/courses/2021-cybersafe-toolkit

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca,

You could ask your sister if you could borrow the clock for awhile. I swap art and other things with my daughter-in-law. She started it when she realized a Klimt print she owned would look perfect in my living room. I've had it for 5 years; I just returned it to her recently.

Karen in Virginia

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,357 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Lovely pics! <3 You and your DH have beautiful skin. But then, you are sweet young things. :D

I'm delighted the blinds are gone. I'm not really a curtain, or blind, person. We had none at all on the ground floor in our last house and I've had none in any of the living rooms I've lived in. I wouldn't bother for these, apart from the blinding sunlight from the west. I have an electric one for the skylight, which I use every day in the summer. We did need the blinds in the recent heatwaves, but I would prefer an awning. DH is not up for an awning. :s
    We may not replace them with anything, but I would like to get an idea of costs and options. You can get nice voile roman blinds, or 'mineral' roller blinds, that are see through. Might go for those. Light and white.

The family's plane was two hours late yesterday, but they are home safely. <3<3<3 Lunch tomorrow :p

We are looking after them on Tuesday morning for a few hours. Not sure exactly when school goes back. Max will be going to his new secondary school. :o He has to get the school bus from near his house, as the school is in the next town.

I'm catching the train from our very small, local, halt station just after 13.00. Then catching the train back to Hove around 18.30. It's a short taxi ride from there. I usually walk, but I know I'll be too tired.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Gardening and cycling today ...

a8d06z8tabt6.png

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,805 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake ,going to hop in the shower in a bit...
    I have to run to Target this morning and then to the grocery store after the party..,I am having a bit of an anxiety attack about this..luckily it is an outside party..but Im worried im going to have to park 1/2 a mile a way and walk with 2 folding chairs ,my purse and Eastons present.I only got about 6 hrs sleep im hoping that works .
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    💞
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    :heart: