WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lanette, Katla. Your daughter has done so much for you and your husband, even tearing down and rebuilding a house for you, from what you've said. She is always looking out for your best interest. So if she took your car, I am going to assume she thought she had a very good reason for doing so, to protect you. She hasn't sounded like the kind of person who would just take it because she wants to drive it herself.

I can only imagine how difficult and confusing all of this is for you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Katla--Sorry to hear DD has taken your car. Did she give you a reason?
    Rebecca--I don't think it would be wrong to ask your sister for the clock back. Just explain how much you miss it.
    Tracey--Great picture of the 2 of you. I am like you and help with the grandchildren when I can. I do miss that when they were younger as now they are getting to the age where they do not need someone all the time.
    Well the doctor's appointment went ok. I go in on the 8th for a stress test as the doctor seems to think I might have a blockage or start of one in my heart. Might have to put in a stent. Going to try not to worry about it. This Monday I have my mamogram appointment and Tuesday I see my GP for my 6 month checkup. Tired of doctors. My blood work was ok for the most part. Did say my V-D is low and my AC! is 6. See what he says.
    I am working 12 hours today, went on overtime after the first hour. Glad this should be the end of it as next week one girl is back and the following week the new girl should be ready to go on her own.
    Enjoy the weekend ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE where it can not make up it's mind to rain or not and we need it so bad. <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lanette, Katla. Your daughter has done so much for you and your husband, even tearing down and rebuilding a house for you, from what you've said. She is always looking out for your best interest. So if she took your car, I am going to assume she thought she had a very good reason for doing so, to protect you. She hasn't sounded like the kind of person who would just take it because she wants to drive it herself.

I can only imagine how difficult and confusing all of this is for you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

Agree.

Karen in Vriginia

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    ❤️👽🛸🔆🏜💕
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am sad and angry with our daughter. DH is not happy with her behavior, either. She has usurped my car.

We are currently living in an assisted living apartment while DH is recovering from a heart attack. He is getting better.
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Katia..I adjusted long ago in a former life. The policy only allows someone to drive your car and not be on the policy for a specified time period. She cant be a regular driver and not be on the policy.
    Lisa in Arkansas...I understand what you mean about wishing you could just have a temper tantrum. I wish I could cry more but am too tired.
    Heather UK..I will have to try Lamb Tagine. I made Korean BBQ with lamb last week.
    Grandmalle..I hope the party goes well
    Tina in CA..great on the work out
    Tracey in Edmonton..enjoyed your pictures.

I did go out to a community concert last night. It was good. Rare to be out in the evening!
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Rosemarie from GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,715 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk/slow jog w/yogi- 1hr 32min 28sec, 92elev, 3.99ap, 110ahr, 156mhr, 6mi= 600c
    Strava app = 735c
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!
    I walked to the library Yay! It's two miles. I learned a lesson about my sandals, which gave me a big blister.

My book of writing advice says to read some novels that are similar to my writing. So I got some mysteries with female leads by Sara Paretsky, Janet Evanovich and Sue Grafton. I'm looking forward to reading and comparing them. It's not an active hobby, but it is low calorie.

By the way, my dad's Amazon account was fine, and we escaped another scam. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Katia...Does your daughter feel it is time for you to stop driving? This is very difficult but better than being in an accident. My thoughts are with you.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Katia...Does your daughter feel it is time for you to stop driving? This is very difficult but better than being in an accident. My thoughts are with you.

Katla - does your daughter take you grocery shopping or use the car to run errands for you? She might be thinking since you are unfamiliar with the area and your new state's "rule of the road" it might be easier for her to do the driving and not have you worry. ;) - not that you are. Kids.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie ~ What part of Georgia are you from? I live in Cobb County in the suburbs outside of Atlanta. I think that Dr. Katie lives in Jefferson Ga.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    B)
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Tracey, ya think! I'm getting a tad nervous here! I'm 62, overweight, bad back and knees. I don't do moving well. I emailed my boss-boss the other day and let her know that I haven't heard anything. NOW, I haven't heard anything from either of them. BUT... I'll see my boss on Wednesday morning. Of course, that only gives me two days after that two "move in" to any office that they have for me, assuming that they still remember that I'm coming and have saved a space!

Btw, Tracey... the pictures are gorgeous!

HAHAHA! Love that Lanette! He'd have to be AT LEAST 10 years younger, in great health and do the cooking for me to even look sideways though. I have a GREAT man

Katla, I'm really concerned about your daughter's appropriation of your vehicle. Your husband had a heart attack, not you. I get that kids can be protective and perhaps Lanette has a point, but taking your car without your permission and not giving you a reason is not okay. Time to put your foot down before it gets worse. Then, if she does feel it's time that you need to stop driving it's on her to prove it. You've been living away from her for years. She has no idea what your driving skills are. Point is that if you are angry or sad, YOU have the right to your feelings and she needs to know about them. Sooner than later.

As far as the barcode thing is. I really never used it, so it won't be a loss for me. I just find it frustrating that they want to charge for it now. I don't see the need. Does it really cost them something to keep it available? Perhaps. I really don't know.

Love and Blessing, Carla, in MN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,715 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla,

I am just curious to know the answer to the question being asked over and over here - has your daughter explained what is going on with the car? Have you asked her? If not, why not? Letting this fester without a discussion with your daughter is not productive. We love you.

Karen in Virginia
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks its ridiculous to get clock from sister, as we don't even have a fireplace or mantle. Maybe it is. I will have to delve into why I am feeling the need to want it back.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,805 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Phew what a long day....
    Stopped and did a pick up at Target this morning. Still felt sorta yucky came home and took a almost 2 hr nap and felt much better....
    Went to Eastons Birthday Party.. i mostly stayed inside and held and fed babies as it was roasting outside they had those outside tented things but still..it was just killer.. i helped a bit ,did some dishes ,set up cupcake tiers .and then hung out with some aunties and grandmas with the babies.after I left there. Picked up groceries at the store.. the young guy that brought them out was just so sweet.
    Filled my cup with ice water and now to do my pill box for the week.. have an echocardiogram and chest xray on monday
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    “Barbara! What are you doing on the long walk?” This from one of the long legged, lean, leaders. “Celebrating my healing!” I said with a big smile. Had just reassured another walker that it was absolutely ok to take the short loop, that I did for months (more like years) at first. Then was thinking how much less of a struggle it was to go over the roots through the forest, up and down the sandy mounds and even keep up on this and all the other pack walks. Do I still huff and puff going up hill? Yep. But so very thankful for PT, for healing exercise, and for incrementally more steps more often. NSV YAY!

Heading out tomorrow at oh dark thirty to meet my god daughter and one of her 6 kids at the Celtic Fair and Highland Games. It will be hot. Might take myself out to dinner and spend the night in a nice cool air conditioned motel. ;)

KJ, Machka and Carla: “Don’t panic,” and always bring a towel.

Through page 44.

Done:
    8/20: Move: 1.75 set pt, 34 mins garden, dog group, Jeopardy walking. steps:
    Fuel: plants (total for week) 22: artichoke, avocado, banana, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, cherries, corn, cucumber, green beans, jalapeno, lettuce-spring mix, onion, peanut sauce, pecans, pineapple, pistachios, potatoes, rice-brown, romaine, snap peas, snow peas, walnuts. CI<CO=560
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, 1 load laundry, 40 mins grooming Tumble
    Wt: 137.1
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    August: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.