WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Instead of doing my yoga first thing this morning, I just finished. I skipped the fast marching because it might keep me awake.

I ate below my calorie limit for the first time in a few weeks. Yay! Still too much sugar and not enough freggies. But better than going over.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Between working and going in the pool, going to ceramics yesterday and Monday, Aug. is my month to count the donations at the church, been pretty busy. Jess and colby got the place earlier, she spent the night there last night. Colby is still here since we have internet. I’ve told him that he’s welcome for as long as he needs it. I know he wants to get into their place. Their pod is being delivered Fri, we’re supposed to go up there Sun. Surprisingly, Mom & Dad Moving isn’t being employed.

Vince’s leg is getting better – just slowly

Have to go see the MD about my C PAP tomorrow. One more time for bowling!!!! I have to go to the dentist next week.

Loved all the pictures. Just real busy right now.

Pool has been in the 90’s

Tracey – please take care of yourself

Welcome everyone new.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    just as Ezie(daycare girl) and I were getting ready to walk to the park, dh messaged me and asked if I would like to walk MIL's dog there. Kobe was at the groomers so he brought him over to us and we walked him. Ezie found new friends to play with so we stayed longer than planned- me walking the whole time. Walked for over an hour. Got my 10K steps in already and will get a lot more with zumba this evening. Need to get a little extra because I don't know if I can get my 10K tomorrow- walking Kobe in the morning then dh and I are heading to Concord to do some shopping- Haven't been there in months- bridge toll makes us think twice about going over. $7 now.
    We will make sure and make the rounds and get our money's worth of the trip ;)

Still ahead in the steps challenge set up by my zumba friend. Two more days to go. The one that was right behind me hasn't logged any steps today yet so not sure how far ahead I am going to be at the end of the night.

edit- the other guy in the challenge just logged- he was ahead of me when I got to class(I had been ahead of him by over 15,000 steps when I was leaving the house so I thought I was doing great).
    I passed him during class but not by much-
    Just hit 20,000 for the day- wasn't planning on it but feels good.

Debbie
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    lacatgirl wrote: »
    Lacatgirl, count me in as your cheerleader! I can do glorious mental cartwheels, but in actual what you'll see is me plowing my fat self in the grass, so I'll stick with my perfect mental ones deal? Just so you know, my goal weight is your dreaded mark! We are all on different parts of the same path. Some in maintenance, some just coasting along, and some struggling. Give yourself grace about it all. Don't get hung up about the scale. Use a more reliable measure, how you feel and how your clothes and jewelry fit. I mean sure you can use the scale, just use it as one of your many tools you have to measure success. But it doesn't measure failure. Its just a number. Don't let a number determine your worth. I get on the scale about every month or so. My relationship with the blasted thing is nicer. I used to want to hurl the thing out the window, or I'd rush to it really early in the morning like an addict hoping the number would make me happy. Now, I make me happy.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Thanks Rebecca! I will take your advice to heart!
    Atta girl Lacatgirl!😁🙃💖
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Oooh today's plate was coleslaw, pickled beets and fridge pickles plus a nice salmon in wild rice. Delightful!
    bvkz12la1ty2.jpg
    The salmon was a frozen fillet 28 min from freezer to plate. I shredded the salmon in the pan I cooked it in, and used the wild rice to de glaze all the drippings. Yummy!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Wa

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I have not been anywhere with ticks, but DH’s best friend from school days was bitten by a tick and he had horrible consequences. He did not recover from the bite. I did not see him speak. His family loved him & took excellent care of him. It surely put a fear of ticks for me.

mom had/has an issue because of a tick but not as severe as what you are describing- One got in her ear, we are assuming while she was asleep because otherwise she would have had her hearing aid in and she would have felt it. She didn't know it was there until she went to get her hearing aids checked and the guy found it, sent her to ER to have it dug out. Got a bad infection in it. Now she has a whole in her ear drum and waiting to go have surgery to repair the whole as it has not closed on it's own.

did just over 20,000 steps yesterday. Had a great zumba class. Was able to keep up and have lots of energy during it. I am sure it was the cup of strong coffee but it felt good to really keep up. Down side was not being able to get to sleep until almost 2AM!! Four hours of tossing and turning, then woke up at 7:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.
    Will go walk MIL's dog with my daycare girl and then if she wants, we will stop at the other park for her to play a while(and I will walk)
    Hoping to find someone to walk with this evening or may just go by myself.
    Having my tea now but think I will need to switch to that coffee.

Have a wonderful Tuesday ladies

Debbie

I don't know how you have the energy to function with such little sleep. :open_mouth:

I'm trying to make it on 7 hours a night and I can barely stay awake through the day. I also wake up at 7:30 am ... but could easily sleep an extra 3 or 4 hours if I were allowed.

Anything less than 6 hours of sleep, and I don't feel well at all.

Several years ago, I could get by on 4 or 5 hours of sleep, but not anymore.

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
  • Machka9
    Options
    This is my second 5-day week at the new job, and tomorrow is Friday ... last work day of the week.

I have been on a 9-day fortnight for a little over a year, but at my previous 6-month position, I started taking leave days as well to reduce my weeks down to 4 days every week, and sometimes even 3 days. The job was just too stressful.

At my new position, I'm trying a 9-day fortnight (without taking additional leave days) to see how I go.

So, by the end of the day tomorrow, I'll have been away from home about 9.5 hours a day for 5 days.

Plus I had meetings Tuesday and Wednesday evenings ... Zoom meetings, but still ...
    And an additional in-person meeting on Tuesday.

I'm boiling chicken breasts now and about to do more work on cycling club stuff.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Machka hope your schedule works for you. You do so much outside of work!

Tracey glad Covid is not worse for you.

My horseback riding is likely to be cancelled today because of the heat. Time to work on writing!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Machka hope your schedule works for you. You do so much outside of work!

Annie in Delaware

I'm trying to pick 2 things to do each evening, to keep things a little bit manageable.

So Monday night was house cleaning and some cycling club stuff.
    Tuesday night was a l-o-n-g Zoom meeting and ordering groceries (I do that during the Zoom meeting)
    Wednesday night was a shorter Zoom meeting and laundry. We hang dry everything (no dryer) so laundry can be a bit time consuming to make sure everything is hung with as few wrinkles as possible.
    Tonight has been the chicken which is in containers and freezing now for possibly 4 meals, and cycling club stuff.
    Not sure what 2 things I'm going to do tomorrow evening yet.

Lunches are usually walks (yay!) or meetings or errands.

And I'm getting at least 2 flights of stairs in every day. I'm trying to talk myself into doing more but haven't had the energy lately.

Machka in Oz

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    I'm with Barbie. I eat the same breakfast and lunch every day. And often the same dinner. And I have two exercise plans, yoga and aerobic marching on Monday Wednesday and Friday, then dumbbells on Tuesday Thursday and Saturday. On Sunday I generally just walk a bit.

It's just easier for me to handle a routine. It's in my phone so I know what the plan is. And I know how much room I have for extra snacks.

Annie in Delaware