Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    ❤️🔆🥵🛸
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Katla I'm sorry that you are going through this bump in the road but it is wonderful that you are reunited with your husband and are comfortable and taken care of from your daughter and son in law. Praying for peace and healing for your husband and family 💞

💞 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Katla I am sorry you're having a rough time, its not easy to acclimate. I know you miss your utopia on the river, but take comfort in knowing you are where you need to be at this time. Let your kids help you care for your husband, even if its just to support you.
    I still have anger issues from when my middle sister, though only 30 minutes away from OHSU, said she'd be there for me during Lee's hellish week after transplant, but then never bothered to be there. I know I probably need some therapy regarding THAT episode, but its one of my issues I tend to tuck away.
    Ooh today I bought more of my salmon fillets, a roasted chicken, some special waffle cookies to have with my afternoon coffee, two Mounds bars, and those whole wheat crisp crackers.
    Today is some cheese and mushroom filled pasta, that I will saute some onion, more mushrooms, in a light sauce.
    Last night before bed, I vacuumed our bedroom. Its amazing how that simple task can lighten my mood, and make me sleep so soundly. I don't even remember last night I slept so well.
    Well its cooler temps here on the island, summer is gone.
    Hugs to ya!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Outside bike riding- 1hr 20min 32sec, 272elev, 58aw, 12.1amph, 121ahr 155mhr, 16.27mi= 583c **got a flat**
    Strava app= 315c
    Start walk home w/bike- 3.23min, .17mi= 38c
    Strava app= 20c
    **Flat got fixed** Outside bike riding- 28.10min, 35elev, 63aw, 12.9amph, 125ahr, 147mhr, 6.07mi= 225c
    Strava app= 119c
    TOTAL BIKE RIDE 22.34miles
    Walk home to gym- 11.22mi, .54mi= 66c
    Strava app= 62c
    Lateral machine- 20min, lvl4, 10w, 10laps, 125ahr, 141mhr, 2.20mi= 158c
    Treadmill walk- 12min, 3.5-4.5sp, 2.0incline, 115ahr, 134mhr, .71mi= 81c
    Walk gym to stores then home- 22.19min, .96mi= 114c
    Strava app= 110c

Total cal 1265

Calorie burning machine today
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Heather - your pleasure in posh dinners and such makes me wish that was a thing we did. I would be laughed out of the house if I suggested something like that with DH, mostly because I’m such a basic person.

When we were first married DH wanted to go out for supper I asked if he wanted Wendy’s or McDonald’s. He said, “I was thinking of a meal where we are served and maybe a drink”.

Barbie - I weigh every morning. It keeps me in check. Like you I don’t celebrate or get discouraged, I just know how I’m doing.

Tracey in Edmonton

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Busy day.. went to lunch with friends ,Doris and I and another couple that was fun. Then up to Susans for dinner..
    Stopped in to see Miles today and let Tracy do some vacuuming..He is at the age where her and I and daddy are the only ones who can hold him without him crying..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I have not been anywhere with ticks, but DH’s best friend from school days was bitten by a tick and he had horrible consequences. He did not recover from the bite. I did not see him speak. His family loved him & took excellent care of him. It surely put a fear of ticks for me.

mom had/has an issue because of a tick but not as severe as what you are describing- One got in her ear, we are assuming while she was asleep because otherwise she would have had her hearing aid in and she would have felt it. She didn't know it was there until she went to get her hearing aids checked and the guy found it, sent her to ER to have it dug out. Got a bad infection in it. Now she has a whole in her ear drum and waiting to go have surgery to repair the whole as it has not closed on it's own.

did just over 20,000 steps yesterday. Had a great zumba class. Was able to keep up and have lots of energy during it. I am sure it was the cup of strong coffee but it felt good to really keep up. Down side was not being able to get to sleep until almost 2AM!! Four hours of tossing and turning, then woke up at 7:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.
    Will go walk MIL's dog with my daycare girl and then if she wants, we will stop at the other park for her to play a while(and I will walk)
    Hoping to find someone to walk with this evening or may just go by myself.
    Having my tea now but think I will need to switch to that coffee.

Have a wonderful Tuesday ladies

Debbie

I don't know how you have the energy to function with such little sleep. :open_mouth:

I'm trying to make it on 7 hours a night and I can barely stay awake through the day. I also wake up at 7:30 am ... but could easily sleep an extra 3 or 4 hours if I were allowed.

Anything less than 6 hours of sleep, and I don't feel well at all.

Several years ago, I could get by on 4 or 5 hours of sleep, but not anymore.

M in Oz

I don't do well with little sleep but just keep going.
    I never nap- if by chance I do fall asleep during the day it is only when I am sick and it is only for 10 min.
    Three nights in a row now that I have not gotten to sleep until after 1AM- Hoping tonight will be better. It will be a little easier tonight because DH won't be stopping here to take a shower/do bills/?? before going to work at midnight.
    Looking for someone to walk with me. One more day of the challenge . I am tied for first right now-
    Did over 20K again yesterday. I went to sleep at after 1:30AM, woke up at 8 but fell back to sleep- supposed to be at MIL's at 9 and I woke up at 9- started walking the dog at 9:45 and walked for 45 min.
    Then went shopping with DH- at 11K steps now,
    Think I might take a melatonin tonight to make sure I get enough sleep but they tend to make me drowsy in the mornings. I have to be at MIL's at 9 tomorrow so I can be back here by 10:30 when Ezie comes in then walk to the park with her -then find someone to walk with me in the evening. Saturday I will go walk the dog but not early, maybe in the evening, depending on the weather.

Debbie
    Napa Valley<CA

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Worked today. Then went to the CPAP doc for my folllowup. Just need to go back in one year. Stopped at the Salvation Army and got – hold onto your seat – 2 exercise DVD’s, a blouse that I’m not sure I like but it was 50% off, and a puzzle. Then to Aldi for a few things since I was going that way.

Colby is going to Raleigh tonight since their pod is being delivered tomorrow. He’s hoping to get it unloaded then come back here tomorrow night. I’m really not used to this making dinner on the fly. Well, I’ll just make a lasagna and if they’re here, they’re here. If not, we can have it for leftovers (or I should say that Vince can). Then they have to go back tomorrow since Jess has a spay and neuter thing to go to Sun. a.m. We’re supposed to go up there Sun. I still need to get the address so we know where we’re going

Rebecca – would you consider coming to NC to cook?

Just got this terrible email. It said that a cold winter is predicted. Yuk! I really prefer the summer.

Lisa – yippee for the pants!!!!

I usually have different things for breakfast during the week. But every Sat. I have an egg and egg substitute on a tortilla. Then on Sun I have a turkey patty

katla – my heart goes out to you. I know when we moved to NC it, literally, took me almost a year to get fully acclimated. Now, there’s no way on this green earth you’d get me to voluntarily move back north. It took me longer to get acclimated to PA and I truly think that’s because we were so close to NJ and I could always go back for a visit

I’m the same way as Tracey. I weight every day but don’t worry about it a whole lot unless there’s a BIG increase.

Took my walk around the block, ordered black paint for my ceramics so did the first coat of what needs to be black on my Goofy. Colby left but he and Jess will be back tomorrow.

Michele NC
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Had coffee with a friend at Panera today and then did some errands. I wrote for 15 minutes. Did caretaking for DH this evening. I am watching Sea Side Hotel. No exercise but 7000 steps in.
    Rosemarie in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I was in the middle of renaming my characters in my book when the power blinked from an incoming storm. It's going to be a mess! I will have to untangle it in the morning.

It turned into a lousy day food-wise. I hope I can break this streak of overeating. But I did do some writing and reading, so that's good.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    son and his girlfriend wanted to go walk and asked if I wanted to go= YEAH, didn't have to walk by myself.
    They walk to the park where Sue and I usually walk BUT her and I drive there, walk around the park and drive home. Son and girlfriend walk over, walk around it three times and walk home. Just over 50 min total.
    Hit my 20Ksteps a few houses away on our way back. I have just over 21K now.
    Sure hope I sleep better tonight.
    Going to have more of the cashew chicken(without the rice, of course)
    Need to figure out how to log lunch.

FitBit totals:
    111 Mins.
    21,036 steps
    35 Floors
    9.52 miles
    2,236 cals.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today. Then went to the CPAP doc for my folllowup. Just need to go back in one year. Stopped at the Salvation Army and got – hold onto your seat – 2 exercise DVD’s, a blouse that I’m not sure I like but it was 50% off, and a puzzle. Then to Aldi for a few things since I was going that way.

Colby is going to Raleigh tonight since their pod is being delivered tomorrow. He’s hoping to get it unloaded then come back here tomorrow night. I’m really not used to this making dinner on the fly. Well, I’ll just make a lasagna and if they’re here, they’re here. If not, we can have it for leftovers (or I should say that Vince can). Then they have to go back tomorrow since Jess has a spay and neuter thing to go to Sun. a.m. We’re supposed to go up there Sun. I still need to get the address so we know where we’re going

Rebecca – would you consider coming to NC to cook?

Just got this terrible email. It said that a cold winter is predicted. Yuk! I really prefer the summer.

Lisa – yippee for the pants!!!!

I usually have different things for breakfast during the week. But every Sat. I have an egg and egg substitute on a tortilla. Then on Sun I have a turkey patty

katla – my heart goes out to you. I know when we moved to NC it, literally, took me almost a year to get fully acclimated. Now, there’s no way on this green earth you’d get me to voluntarily move back north. It took me longer to get acclimated to PA and I truly think that’s because we were so close to NJ and I could always go back for a visit

I’m the same way as Tracey. I weight every day but don’t worry about it a whole lot unless there’s a BIG increase.

Took my walk around the block, ordered black paint for my ceramics so did the first coat of what needs to be black on my Goofy. Colby left but he and Jess will be back tomorrow.

Michele NC

Heehee, only if I could swim in yer pool, don't freak out, I would wear my swimming suit!😂😁
    Rebecca
    The traveling soup queen from
    Whidbey Island lol
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    Debbie - Nice food at your lunch place! I think I might make something similar today while DH is at cricket. I use shiritaki noodles, which are very low in calories.
    Can't decide what to cook for dinner. I eat at 6 pm and DH won't be back until later, so it has to keep, or be microwaveable. Might make a big chilli. :D

Tracey - It's the occasion I like as much as the food. Nice to do something with DH and I just adore sitting under a big umbrella to eat. Feels like a mini holiday. :p Plus it was almost free, as we used the Saga compensation to pay for most of it! I would normally only go to that price restaurant for an anniversary or birthday. I do love raw bonito though! :p We also got in 1hr 40 mins walking! I do think the occasional date night or day is important in a marriage. Making new memories together.
    How was your second interview? And have you got your visit to your friend and your mum planned? <3

Tomorrow is Pride in Brighton. They start the parade near us at 11, so we are planning to get down there at 10.15 to see the preparations before it sets off. I might wear my sparkly cape. :p Three years ago, before covid stopped it, we went with the kids, but I think they have cycling.

I was intending to publish my book today. Need to read through for page gaps, and copy the blurb and the bio for the cover. That may be enough for today. I have a cover photo. My stomach gets in knots. :*

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie — Thank you for our new thread. I am happy to see our friends here.

My life has been a stress festival. DH was in the hospital for several months due to a life threatening heart attack. He has been in a skilled nursing facility and was discharged a few days ago. We flew to Illinois and are living at our daughter’s home. We are lucky to be here.

I hope to be here as often as I can.

Katla
    So pleased that you and your DH are together again. I’m sure you family are relieved that they can help you through this.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Machka9: Starting a new job is time consuming as one settles in. I’m glad to know that you found some time to chill out on the bikes and in the garden. Hope the foot is recovering.
    Flea: , I'm pleased that you had some good news.

Beth: So sorry to hear about your father. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 and (((Hugs))) for you and your family.

Barbie: , Thank you for keeping us going. Glad you got the appointment for retina.

Carol, Rebecca, Lisa, Heather, & all the grandmas,
    My gosh the grandkids are all sprouting! I especially see a huge change in Levi.
    <3
    This is just what I was thinking. It lifts the spirits so to see the joy they bring.

Machka: Great graphic!
    mc1143hlwlvb.png
    Rose: Eating own garden produce
    Bud: Spending time with my daughter and her family. It’s inspiring to see them blossom into responsible adults.
    Thorn: Winding down and unpacking.

Weighed myself this morning and delighted to have gained a mere 1.4 lbs over the holiday. My tactics paid off !!!

On page 5. Will catch up later.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Alfie woke me early ,so im awake and dressed ,watching Miles today..