Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Katla that is a lot of change in a short time, but you are riding it with grace! Hope things settle down and get comfortable for you and DH. Glad he is feeling better.

Lisa hope your headache goes away!

I had a good day with my cousin. It was wonderful to talk to her. We had lunch in a restaurant that was pretty lousy, though. The room was cold and loud and had flies. I had a burger that was okay, nothing special. Not worth the calories.

Tomorrow is laundry and some clean up. And maybe work on the book some more.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options

Worked then the soup kitchen then went to WalMart to get some things for the lasagna tonight. Jess and Colby should be here tonight. Hopefully, I can go for my walk. Made the lasagna then some brownies.

Rebecca – of course you can use the pool! You can even use the spa!

Carol – many years ago we went to lunch/dinner (I forget which) with the Newcomers. I ordered fish and it came with the head still on. To this day we still talk about how one of the guys needed to put a napkin over its head...lol

Debbie – the chicken looks good. But my tummy just won’t let me have something deep fried.

Got my walk in. While I was on my walk a friend from the condo called so I finished my walk by talking to her, then went under the pergola to talk, then in the house since it started to drizzle. Jess and Colby just came here. I know Jess has to get her car inspected tomorrow and then has to go back for some sort of spay & neuter thing tomorrow. Not sure about Colby – I’m guessing he wants to go back.

Took a shower, now probably go to bed.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,020 Member
    Options
    Thinking I will end up winning the challenge- I am at 101,629 steps. The next one behind me is at 89,931 and hasn't been active for 3 hrs(hoping he is asleep ;) ) 5 hrs until it is over.

Today:145 mins.
    23, 168 steps
    38floors
    10.63 miles
    2274 cals.

the only walking I plan on doing tomorrow is walk the dog and walk the neighborhood there for garage sales.
    Sunday, not planning on walking at all unless my friend wants to go to the wetlands. I never turn down a chance to walk there.

Hopefully I will sleep good tonight. I took 1/2 a melatonin- woke up six times but just short times but, felt drowsy most of the day. Had coffee at 3 just to keep me going.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Prayers for my eldest sister Pam. She is the sister that's remodeling her husbands childhood home. Her husband had surgery this week, and sadly passed away yesterday. I am in shock, as I spent a week just last month with them. She had moved in with him 2012, married him in 2018 and she and him were just dealing the joys of retirement, organizing their homestead, I am just devastated for her. 😢💖. I don't know if I am going down to her place or waiting. When I talk to her directly I will see what she wants me to do. Her daughter, my niece, called me today with the sad news. I am numb, and grieving for my sweet sister.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

sorry for your loss-
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    done for tonight
    25,027 steps
    11.5 miles
    145 min
    39 floors
    2433 cals.

If the guy who was close behind me in the challenge can somehow pass me, he can have it.
    103,482 steps for the five days
    It has been fun but don't want to keep it up every day.

Debbie
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies💖🙏
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Rebecca I'm sorry for your and your sister's loss💞

Katla it sounds like you have a great support system 💞 your children are wonderful 💞 I hope your husband regains his strength and his health.

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,149 Member
    Options
    Me: "Frazzled and tired"

bf4f01xcgkdc.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,149 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Tracey ... I like the cabinet. :)

Rebecca ... so sorry. :heartbreak:

Debbie ... well done! :+1:

Katla ... {{Hugs}} :heart:

Annie & Heather ... keep up the good work with your books. :)

Rosemarie ... quiet days are good.

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - So sorry. <3 Those kind of sudden losses are so hard, when you are excited at planning a new future together. She will appreciate your support, I know. <3

Katla - My very best wishes to you, your DH, and all your family. You have made a lot of adjustments recently. You are surrounded with love. <3

Lisa - Many congratulations on getting back to your wedding weight. That must feel g o o o o d ! :D

Barbie - Thank you for the Jonathan and Tan memoir recommendations. I am enjoying them immensely. I'm finding Queer Eye a great comforting companion as I wrestle with my publishing demons. :)

I didn't publish yesterday, but I'm good to go. I printed out the blurb and bio, because you have to type them onto their form for the cover and they are in a Word doc. My main apprehension at the moment is whether the KDP automatic typesetting will make sense of my typescript. It always has to do some complcated magic and it doesn't always work perfectly. They give you a virtual, visual book to look at, then you have to go back to your doc and correct any glaring errors. I have got better at typing, and their computer has got better, but it's a scary thing for this technically challenged author.
    DH has always just been gung-ho at it, and his books are a mess, visually.

Today I'm hoping we'll get in a quick visit to the start of the Pride parade. It means a truncated exercise session, but the walking there and back can count. Beautiful day. There has been no rain here for well over a month. Everything is parched. Most of the country has had rain, but none in the South East. Hosepipe bans. Temperatures are up a bit next week, but not as bad as before.

Edie is coming over for a solo visit tomorrow. She asked if she could have one. Lunch then the afternoon. Their old nanny has been looking after them for a few days this week. I was hoping to see her, but timings didn't work out. She now works in Dubai. Lovely girl.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    Options
    Tracey - You have done a great job on the cabinet. :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, Oh I am so sorry for your sister! Big hugs for you, my softhearted friend; you are so caring and empathic. You will be a great comfort for your sister in her time of grief, regardless of where you are.