Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,923 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    Slept better last night- didn't need any sleep aids.
    Got on the scale this morning- back to what I was two weeks ago- gained a pound last week and lost that same pound this week. Was really hoping for a little more off-walked 56 miles and that is all I got.
    146.2 again today.
    I won't be walking that much this week.
    The challenge was fun but not much else got done around here. Walking three times a day ;)

Getting ready for church, then over to pick dh up and do a little shopping then home to give one of the cats another bath- using new fleas soap on her(if it comes- Amazon is supposed to be dropping it off today) and need to do treatments on all 8 cats(7 inside and one of the outside-the other two are totally feral and no way of treating them)- the ones inside will be acting feral when I start doing treatments.

Need to set some little traps in my garden. Something is eating the green tomatoes and my cucumber had bite marks out of it.

Need to finish my tea and get to church- hate being late. The one good thing about going by myself is I get there on time or a little early. With dh, barely on time, but usually a few minutes late.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from Julie- have been thinking about her. Haven't seen her post in a long time
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,774 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Sheesh im drippin sweat.thats why i stay inside.. I did a Sams club and a Walmart pick up.and the A.C.in my car needs a charge
    I dropped some stuff off at DD and SIL house and then brought the rest here.. got some stuff to make BLTs.they are one of my favorites and when its hot outside who wants to cook.
    Have one load of laundry going,and will do a second once that one is done.I did buy the stuff to make weed killer to take care of the jungle.outside and got gloves to pull them out.
    Im allergic to something im sneezing my fool head off.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,518 Member
    Options
    Well I slept fairly well last night. My eating was more snacky, then proper meals yesterday. I did have a sandwich, coleslaw and a handful of chips at noon though.
    Have no desire to write anyone today.
    I have no "skip in my step" which is thoroughly understandable, I am trying. Grief isn't something I am familiar with. My normal go to in anything stressful is to "feel the feelings" process, but with a death in a family I don't want to be a puddle all day. Just giving myself some grace about it all, and carry on. I'm so sad that my sister didn't get her husband as long as she deserved to.
    Today I am warming a bit of sliced roast beef and layering in on a toasted bread with mayo and ketchup, lettuce and pepper. Should be yummy! With some onion rings.
    Dinnertime will be a mug of my chicken stock.
    Hugs ladies
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,092 Member
    Options
    Well my book club is falling apart. One guy is having trouble recovering from Covid, so he dropped out. That leaves three of us, which is awkwardly small. I need to work on my social life.

Annie in Delaware
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,348 Member
    Options
    RVRita-I know the seat you are sitting in. It is very tough, but you need to make the best decision for your peace of mind and what you believe is correct-not what others may think. Addiction is a disease like any other. People don't encourage us to leave a spouse with cancer. Whatever you decide you need to take care of yourself. I respect your efforts.

Tracey-it does sound like the job is off the table. It could be their process got delayed. It did give you a chance to practice interviewing-it is work to sell yourself.

Carol-thanks for the Kylia update. Covid has been crazy in our part of the state, so glad she is well.

Concerned about Julie as well-hope she checks back in soon.

Tired from community event yesterday. Worked on some clean up paperwork-much more to do tomorrow, but I am tired and done for the day. Going to head in to watch tv in bed and maybe fall asleep early.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,377 Member
    Options
    Did a DVD for the ball and then a pilates DVD. Then went for my walk. Went to Jess’. She’s renting a very nice townhouse. I’m just not crazy about all the cars. But she does have a 2-car garage, 3 bedrooms and 2-1/2 baths. Jess gave me some tomatoes from someone’s garden. I’ll probably have some tomorrow and if they’re good she said she can get more in 2 weeks.

Carol – thanks so much for the update on kylia

Anne in DE – you are such a great person, someone who deserves you will come along

Ordered protein powder from Amazon and got it yesterday.

I remember one year when I was quite young I spent a few weeks with my aunt in NY. How I remember getting tomatoes right from her garden, still warm from the sun. I had so many tomatoes that I, literally, got sick. But I still love tomatoes

Work tomorrow. Right now I’m not looking forward to it. Well...that’ll probably change. I really do enjoy the job. 4-5 hours/day, the flexibility it affords me works for me.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,656 Member
    Options
    Can’t upload pics!!!!!! Oh well. We r here, find daddy of camp. Have had 4 different couples wanting to see our tent setup already. Kirby fixed a surprise snack and then made dinner later on.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,872 Member
    Options
    Went to church this morning. After church the kids put on a talent show to help raise money for chairs for a new Sunday school room. It was lots of fun. Some talented kids there.

DD and I finished our current jigsaw puzzle this afternoon and worked on cleaning up the guest room. DGS left Friday and DD's best friend arrives Wednesday. She will be here for DD's birthday on Friday.

Pip - enjoy the vacation.

Rebecca- my sympathies to you and your sister.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,656 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Went to church this morning. After church the kids put on a talent show to help raise money for chairs for a new Sunday school room. It was lots of fun. Some talented kids there.

DD and I finished our current jigsaw puzzle this afternoon and worked on cleaning up the guest room. DGS left Friday and DD's best friend arrives Wednesday. She will be here for DD's birthday on Friday.

Pip - enjoy the vacation.

Rebecca- my sympathies to you and your sister.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

Vacation from retirement 😎
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,872 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,320 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    BLTs are what we had for lunch yesterday with Edie. She was ecstatic! :D We all assembled our own, with condiments, in pitta breads. Edie has to have gluten free. It was pretty delicious! She loves olive oil and wine vinegar dressing. It was organic bacon and cherry tomatoes on the vine. Shredded lettuce and cucumber slices. I like scallions in mine. I provided mayo, but no one ate it. I'm afraid I put chilli sauce on mine. >:)
    Sometimes it's the simple things that give huge pleasure. :D We finished with fresh strawberries. Edie went looking for and found the choc chips in the cupboard. She has the memory of an elephant. She enjoyed some with the strawberries! :p
    My son brought her over at 11, after he had done a mini triathlon, miles away, in Kent! He was knackered. :o He finds the running hard and he missed the turn in the swimming and did an extra 100 yards!

The sun is shining - again.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx