WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,017 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    We are currently in Illinois. We are here in an assisted living apartment and expect to leave here to go to our daughter’s place in the future. The time frame is not clear.

Katla

You're in the assisted living place temporarily?
    I think you've been really fortunate to get in!

Does that mean there is a medical person (nurse?) who looks in on you both each day?

I hope you are getting medical care as well.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Well my book club is falling apart. One guy is having trouble recovering from Covid, so he dropped out. That leaves three of us, which is awkwardly small. I need to work on my social life.

Annie in Delaware

Take a class
    Volunteer
    Join an exercise group

My husband and I don't have much of a social life and don't want much more than we have ...

Our social interactions are mostly through our cycling club and a bit through bee-keeping and the brain injury association.

So at the moment I volunteer for the cycling club and participate in the cycling events (our exercise group). :)

We've also participated in a Pilates class and I did a 6 week Learn to Run class.

Others here are in craft classes etc.

There are all sorts of things out there.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,234 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Had a busy weekend in the garden, getting everything back to normal. Weather is heating up again this week.

Rebecca: So 😢 Much love, dear girl, and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 for your sister.

Tracey: 🥰the dresser.

Heather: I’m sure you will suss out the KDP.
    DH and I are currently in a Senior Citizen facility in Illinois. DH is gaining a little more every day. I am taking care of him as he is recovering, along with staff members here. I am counting my blessings. Our son & daughter in law are helping, as is our daughter here in Illinois. We have made progress and DH is doing a bit better day by day.
    I’m glad that you and your DH are being well cared for.

I have a stack of clean laundry that needs to but folded and put away, so only a brief post this morning.

On page 6, and I will catch up later.

☘️Terri

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,289 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I've done the prep on the KDP site. I wimped out of actually uploading the book, but at least I have made a start. It takes all my courage just to open the laptop! :o I changed quite a few phrases in the blurb and I think it looks more friendly now. Blurbs are the hardest thing to write. :#
    Proud of myself today.
    I think I will do my roots this afternoon to celebrate. I have a trim appointment on Wednesday.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,752 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Here I am up and dressed,fed Alfie and going to help Tracy drop off stuff to consignment shops and help with Miles..
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Changed my mind about the roots. Cleaner coming this afternoon and I've still got some exercise to catch up on.
    Another day. :)

Will also prep Tandoori Chicken for dinner.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Machka thank you. I need to go renew my library card. I will look around when I get there. I wish I could find a novel writing group. I may have to start it myself. I am reluctant to put my writing online, because some publishers count that as being published, and because it's easy to steal that way.

I was in a ladies outing club that met a few times in restaurants. One lady drank so much alcohol she could hardly walk, and she became loud and obnoxious. So the group disbanded. I heard some of them met privately but I lost track of them.

I have been to the local Unitarian church; maybe I should try that again. I don't know what their Covid status is. It used to be tough to get there and get back to cook Sunday dinner for my parents, but I think they are online now.

Oh well. It is the nature of these groups to come and go.

Annie in Delaware

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,614 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Lisa – this year so far none of the California fires have been near me or been close enough for evacuation of my loved ones. But here the fire “season” will last into October or November – so we are not even ½ way through it…fingers crossed for the rest of it….. Thanks for asking.

Rebecca – thinking of you and your sister…. ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

A friend gave me a huge bag of peaches from her tree, I ate a few and will try drying some. I love them frozen or canned, but the freezer is chock full and I just thought it would be fun to try something different.

I took Thursday-Saturday off and spent it with a friend, we hiked, swam, did some window shopping, had some excellent meals. She lives in the Angels Camp/Murphy area so it was crazy hot, but we enjoyed the time together.

A busy day with the business today 5 client meetings! It is hard to get work completed with so many meetings, but the meetings are either pickup of completed work and payment or drop off of new work both of which are critical. I do try to clump them up on one or two days during the week, some weeks that works sometimes it doesn't.

I am having my birthday Starbucks coffee this morning, and out to dinner with a friend tonight. I’ll spend time with my mom over the weekend.

Kim in N. California

Happy Birthday!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,641 Member
    Options
    Thanks Machka
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka thank you. I need to go renew my library card. I will look around when I get there. I wish I could find a novel writing group. I may have to start it myself. I am reluctant to put my writing online, because some publishers count that as being published, and because it's easy to steal that way.

I was in a ladies outing club that met a few times in restaurants. One lady drank so much alcohol she could hardly walk, and she became loud and obnoxious. So the group disbanded. I heard some of them met privately but I lost track of them.

I have been to the local Unitarian church; maybe I should try that again. I don't know what their Covid status is. It used to be tough to get there and get back to cook Sunday dinner for my parents, but I think they are online now.

Oh well. It is the nature of these groups to come and go.

Annie in Delaware

Do you have a local college or university where you are, sometimes they have community courses on things like writing.

The library is a good idea. Quite a few of the libraries where I have lived organise community courses or are part of the organisation. I've taken typing (way back when), French, Spanish, MYOB, and photography through those courses.

M in Oz
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Happy birthday, Kim!

I thought of you last week during an OPB/NPR story on house sharing. Thinking especially how you have shared your home with those needing a rental.

The interviewed said that there are 1.5 million spare bedrooms in the US, and if more people were open to renting out those spare rooms, we could put a big dent in the housing crisis in the US.

https://www.opb.org/article/2022/08/04/oregon-home-share-matches-seniors-with-spare-room-with-those-needing-housing/

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Zen kitty - purring.
    65ql71jd0dz9.png

Kim - glad you and the fam are OK. I seriously stink at California geography.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited August 2022
    Options
    852123i04y7t03pm.gif

For Kim <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    We are currently in Illinois. We are here in an assisted living apartment and expect to leave here to go to our daughter’s place in the future. The time frame is not clear.

Katla

Does that mean there is a medical person (nurse?) who looks in on you both each day?

M in Oz
    Machka9 wrote: »

Katla

M in Oz