WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Katla-glad you are settled in a proper apartment. Assisted living will free you to focus more on just enjoying time with DH.

Rebecca-how tragic. Glad you got a recent visit in. Prayers for you and family. I agree with waiting to see what your sister would find most helpful. Everyone typically rushes in when something first happens and then they vanish.

Heather-congratulations on another book published!

Annie-writing can take time-but good for you for keeping with it.

Tracey-I do like the cabinet painted white-so much brighter and light.

Terri-glad you are back safely from your travels. Good job on minimal weight increase.

Debbie-Impressive job on step challenge! I occasionally hit over 14,000 but not often. Hope sleep improves.

Rosemarie-I also appreciate quiet days. It is good you can take care of DH at home.

Rumtussie-one inch loss in a year sounds like a lot. Do they have you taking any of the bone medicines? I take the fosomax type pill once a week. Luckily at nearly 68 I am the same height for years.

Tiring week last week. Have an outside community event scheduled today for kids-a back to school kick off. I will be handing out vouchers to local department store. Thunderstorms predicted for entire afternoon-don't know how this will work out but I guess I need to be ready to make a decision!

Off to do some exercises before starting the day.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Rebecca- my deepest condolences to your sister and you..yes the unexpected passings hurt so bad.
    Carmine- is just trying to make his parents life a living hell basically..stays up in a disgusting messy room all day and comes down and gets himself something to eat and goes back up,they call him the dungeon dweller.
    Starts school at the end of the month.. thats going to go over like a lead balloon.
    Freshman year.
    My girlfriend from North Carolina is up her son is back from overseas he is in the national guard and they were called up. So they are having a welcome home party today.. I will be going.
    Excessive heat warning so i need to stay indoors,even though my friends band is playing..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - how sad for your sister! :'( So glad you were able to spend time with them recently. Phone time might be the best way to support her right now, but you are right, wait and see. It's taken me a couple months but now I appreciate and accept friends and neighbors reaching out. Everyone is different.

Karen
    - love that saying "Go forward with a fierce heart". I think it's applicable for many of us, writers or not.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where we are going to have a warm next few days (mid 90's) and I'm waiting for tomatoes to ripen.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Way behind again so just skimmin’ but
    Ticks [shudder] eesh! Rita you’re right, there are negatives wherever you live but at least the rattlesnakes warn you when you’re getting close…
    Welcome @lacatgirl ! Brava for commiting to (food?)journaling and checking in here. PT has really helped my knees but I still huff and puff with the least exertion. Keep going and safe travels!
    Yes, Carla, this summer has been too cool for the garden, but we’re not complaining. Better to be cool and comfy, even though it means we have to buy our veggies.
    Welcome back, @Neeters1969 Anita! Is there an activity you enjoy that can provide social connection? Like a dancing or water aerobics class or pickleball?
    Mary thank you so much for sharing your experience healing from Lyme disease.
    Rebecca “…now I make me happy” yes this, and you make me happy too!
    Katla prayers continue for your DH and you. Any birds in that beautiful lake view?
    Tracey hope the Covid case is mild and you are able to rest well.

Only through pg 7 but time to snooze.

Done:
    8/5: Move: 1.75 set pt, stroll chat with D, dogs to powerline. active mins:123 steps:7505
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) 7+4+2+5+2 so far: apple, avocado, beans (black), beets, carrots, celery, cherries, corn, cucumber, onion (red), peanuts, pecans, peach (white), pepper (sweet orange), pepper (red), pistachios, radish, romaine, walnuts, wheat (sprouted bread) CI<CO=463
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, hymns
    Wt: 141.1 :’(

8/4: Move: 1.75 set pt, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking, 32 mins play with plants. active mins:316 steps:6799
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) 7+4+2+5 so far: apple, beans (black), carrots, celery, cherries, corn, cucumber, onion (red), peanuts, pecans, peach (white), pepper (sweet orange), pepper (red), pistachios, radish, romaine, walnuts, wheat (sprouted bread) CI<CO= 799
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, emails re wildfire risk, roast beets, veg prep, laundry,
    Wt: 140.7:rage:

8/3: Move: 1.75 set pt, 91 mins line dancing, 63 mins walking. active mins:174 steps:5046
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) 7+4+2 so far: apple, cherries, cucumber, onion (red), peanuts, pecans, peach (white), pepper (sweet orange), radish, romaine, tomato sauce, walnuts, wheat (sprouted bread) CI<CO=354
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, board meeting minutes
    Wt: 137.8

8/2: Move: 1.75 set pt, beach stroll with T and Shadow, mins line dancing, active mins:246 steps:8619
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) 7+4 so far: apple, cherries, cucumber, peanuts, pecans, peach (white), pepper (sweet orange), radish, romaine, walnuts, wheat (sprouted bread) CI<CO=655
    Live: Joe, readings, BP
    Wt: 138.7

8/1: Move: 1.5 set pt, beach stroll with Joe & the dogs, 90 mins line dancing, pt appointment. active mins:284 steps:8784
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) 7 so far: apple, cucumber, peanuts, radish, romaine, sprouted wheat bread. CI<CO=960 (will track protein, fiber, sugar and salt in spreadsheet for monthly summary, will list plants by week)
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, pay bills, reconciled MasterCard, fire hall followups.
    Wt: 139.1
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    August: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Carla yes that picture you shared is where DS was standing. It was a fun day!

(((Katla)))

(((Rebecca)))

Tracey Love the hutch. I have an oak hutch too. On the list for a make over.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I am so sorry for your sister's loss, and for your family. :'(

Katla - I'm glad you're no longer staying in the RV. Hope your husband's status continues to improve now that you're back together again.

Heather - The colors are just glowing in those photos! And so are you...

Tracey - The hutch looks wonderful, really love the crystal knobs. So... do you have an answer yet about the job? Enquiring minds want to know...

Time to go get Corey's coffee cup for a refill. On weekends, he stays in bed for hours after he wakes up, reading or dinking around on the internet. His job is so physical and so exhausting that I pamper him whenever I get the chance. We may go out for Mexican food for lunch. We haven't gone out in far too long... :wink:

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    Kim - are the fires anywhere near you?

Kylia - is the flooding impacting your property in Kentucky?

Worried about y'all,
    Lisa
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Hugs for your sister! Loved the photos you showed us of her tractor and the large pooch. And, the antiques that they have collected. I hope she will find peace during this time of grief.

Tracey ~ Your finished hutch is beautiful. :) Such a big difference. It makes me think that I would love to change my oak hutch and dry sink to brighten up the room. But, I would also have to have the cabinets, trim, and doors brightened too.... :(

Heather ~ Looks like you had a fun day at the parade. Like all the colorful balloons. :)

Rosemarie ~ ALS is such a devastating disease. My heart goes out to you and your husband.

Saturday and Sunday here are such long days for us. We miss our usual routines and are just plain bored. I know...I need to make myself get up and get out! :/

Carol in Georgia
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, I am so very, very sorry. So hard to know what to do.

Rosemarie, ALS is just so scary. God Bless.

Ah, gotcha Barbara. Sorry 'bout that, but cool is better. And WE HAVE RAIN!!! LOTS OF RAIN today! THANK GOD!

YES Tracey! Do tell...

That's all from MN. Carla out!
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Aww Tracey so sorry ..
    I finally had to leave my job at the dental office as my mental and physical health was taking a toll.
    Ive laid low today.. got up and fed Alfie and got him outside. But it is super hot and humid..
    Will be going out later on to welcome Evan home...got an invite to his sons 1 yr old birthday party end of the month..
    I put my old bed frame, my new headboard and my sofa on facebook marketplace .and its all very weird.. got alot of people asking about the bed but then they say they want to make sure its real and want a confirmation code,one guy said my cell phone wasnt right and wanted a contact from another family member, told him if he didnt believe me to go get his furniture at a store for goodness sakes sheesh
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    Options
    k6j2fuenm4cc.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 29min 12sec, vacuum, dust, laundry fold/put away, water plants and trim bushes, clean out bird bath n put fresh water, sweep front patio and entryway, make new hummingbird food, continue packing Bette for trip, water plant= 946c
    Walk to store nbk- 18.35min, .79mi= 83c
    Strava app = 90c

Total cal 1029
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Dang ,good for you...
    Well got a text from my friend Sue who flew up here for her sons welcome home party.. poor guy has a stomach bug so that got canned,but they will be up in a couple weeks..for Eastons Birthday..so a quite day for Alfie and I,just ,did a Sams and Walmart order..to pick up tomorrow