Seeking Motivation and Inspiration!

kristjansen
kristjansen Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2022 in Success Stories
2 1/2 months ago i started my journey on changing into a healthy lifestyle partnering with my doctor and Myfitnesspal app. So far, I lost 30 lbs. and counting!

What is your favorite mantra and motivational inspiration with this journey? Wishing everyone a healthy and lovely week!

Replies

• Rosimo0903
    Rosimo0903 Posts: 1 Member
    That is amazing! Congratulations!!!
  • CrustyOldMan
    CrustyOldMan Posts: 19 Member
    I'm a LOSER! KEEP PUSHING!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Its better to be doing this wrong than not doing it right :-)
  • mmskrent
    mmskrent Posts: 11 Member
    Pick a daily reason to be positive about your weight loss. Don't beat yourself up for diet mistakes. Just don't repeat the same mistakes.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    (It may not be perfect, but…) it’s better than it was before.
  • GatorK89
    GatorK89 Posts: 69 Member
    100% today isn't going to be the same as 100% tomorrow and it doesn't matter as long as you give it 100% every time, no matter what that 100% looks like.
  • LieaCan
    LieaCan Posts: 6 Member
    Show up as her.

Also works for him. Or them.

"Her" being the amazing person you're sculpting yourself into.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    edited September 2022
    5'3" female 128 pounds down, currently within 10 lbs of normal BMI.

When I was facing the hardest things about the journey:
    "That is the situation, there is nothing to be done about it." This is for those who are making excuses and not doing the hard thing. re: skin sag, and re: hunger re: being tired. I needed some resignation in the difficult stuff or I would constantly fight it, and not do the hard thing. I needed to stop making excuses, and change the way I ate, and exercise anyway. I can't really fight skin sag, or hunger, or tiredness. But I can resign myself to it, and then, with peace move forward.

• LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    My mantra is my screen name: live once. be happy.

I feel terrific after losing 53 lbs. Everything about my body feels better, except my bony butt that hurts when I sit now. But that's a different topic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!