09/03: DNW
    09/04: DNW
    09/05: 131.2 (130.0 trend)
    09/06: 129.0 (129.9 trend)
    09/07: 129.4 (129.8 trend) hoping to have that last pound off soon
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to previous participants, and welcome to the new folks - we're looking forward to getting to know you!!
  • nikkit321
    Options
    Nikki
    53 years young; 5'5"
    Health challenges: breast cancer in 2016, full hysterectomy 2021, multiple leg/foot breaks (2015, 2018, 2022).

9/1/22 - 202.6 I can't wait to get this stupid boot off, but my husband is already reminding me to ease into exercise so I don't reinjure myself. Had a dexa/bone scan this morning to see if I'm dealing with osteoporosis. It's a possibility since I was on an estrogen blocking med for 5 years after the breast cancer, and I now have a history of fractures that take twice as long to heal as they should. Will be interesting to get results from that test.
    9/5/22 - 201.0 dexa scan was normal so still no real answers, perhaps I'm just a really slow healer. Will see ortho tomorrow. Fingers crossed I'm out of this lovely boot in another few weeks before I go to San Diego for work. Or else my dear friend gets to mark off another state it has traveled to with me :-) Food added to my diary for the day and for tomorrow too. Adding to my food diary really does help me stay on track mentally, but it is somewhat of a hassle so I easily break the habit.
    9/6/22 - 203.0 my own fault for the bump. My husband and I are committed starting today.
    9/7/22 - 201.0 stuck with my food plan yesterday, it really does help if I pre-log my food for the day. Today is already logged. Had a scare with my husband yesterday. He came home at noon and said he was either going to our dr, the walk-in clinic, or the ER, whichever he could get to the fastest. Numb hands, arms and legs felt 'asleep'. Clinic decided it's a pinched nerve in his neck so we're waiting for insurance to approve an MRI. Until Monday at least he's off work, he can't safely do anything there (he's a heavy machinery mechanic). And while we were there I did my over-due check on my leg fracture; another 3 weeks with my dear friend Boot and then will get out of it. Hopefully it won't go with me to San Diego at the end of the month!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Options
    @nikkit321
    Yikes about your husband's scare.. hopefully that MRI approval comes through quickly
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Name: Ashley
    Age: 35 (oops - had this wrong the first couple days LOL)
    Height: 5'9"
    Start Weight: 293 (1/28/21)

Sep Start Weight: 163
    Sep Goal Weight: Maintenance range (160-165)

Sep 1 - 163
    Sep 2 - 163.8
    Sep 3 - 162.8
    Sep 4 - 166.2
    Sep 5 - 166
    Sep 6 - 165.6
    Sep 7 - 165.2
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,557 Member
    Options
    @lou2you2

Yes, ease into it and keep coming back. Tiny changes add up over time, a few less bites, a couple of substitutions.
    2-3 pounds per week is ambitious, 7,000-10,500 calories less per week, or 1,000 calories less per day, or up the calorie burn.
    Sometimes when starting back it is good to just log everything for a week or two to see where we can trim back on our normal/usual eating.
    A bought muffin is 437 calories for instance, 1 a day for 8 days is a pound in calories. If this is what I eat on a usual basis, I would cut that back to one muffin every other day instead to lose 1/2 of a pound in 8 days
    If there are 4 things that you find on your tracker like that then there is the 2 pound loss in 8 days.

Haha, I hate math and just did math. MFP makes it all so much easier.

This takes commitment for sure, but we are worth it.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @deepwoodslady
    Yes. You, me, and @Lilylady3k are all up from this time last year. WTF?

You are completely right about restaurant food, lots of hidden sugar, fat, sodium, processed stuff.
    You always lose weight when you aren't having restaurant food.
    You have had to travel so much this year. When you were grounded at home (Covid) you lost weight.

When does your 12 weeks with the heart stuff start?
  • lou2you2
    lou2you2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @lou2you2

Yes, ease into it and keep coming back. Tiny changes add up over time, a few less bites, a couple of substitutions.
    2-3 pounds per week is ambitious, 7,000-10,500 calories less per week, or 1,000 calories less per day, or up the calorie burn.
    Sometimes when starting back it is good to just log everything for a week or two to see where we can trim back on our normal/usual eating.
    A bought muffin is 437 calories for instance, 1 a day for 8 days is a pound in calories. If this is what I eat on a usual basis, I would cut that back to one muffin every other day instead to lose 1/2 of a pound in 8 days
    If there are 4 things that you find on your tracker like that then there is the 2 pound loss in 8 days.

Haha, I hate math and just did math. MFP makes it all so much easier.

This takes commitment for sure, but we are worth it.

Thank you so much for this! I have started over on my food tracking as well and and yesterday was a shocker! I was well over my calorie intake. But it's a starting point and like you said it might be easier to see what I can fix after a week.

On a good note I hit all my other goals yesterday! :smiley:
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I am Dawn, I will be 62 in a few weeks.
    I joined MFP in October of 2018. I have lost weight for sure, but still have another 20-ish pounds to shed. It is slow going and sometimes very frustrating. I lost weight before, quit tracking every bite and gained 50 pounds, so I have pledged to myself to keep this tracking up forever. MFP makes that extremely easy.
    As my moniker would suggest, at this stage of my life it is all about getting healthy so that I can be active throughout my 60s and hopefully 70s. This means to me achieving a healthy body weight so that my organs and stuff are not overworked.

I think most of us have been up and down and all around. Key here is to rock it at any and every weight : - )

Thursday September 1st: 138.2 (I am using my endweight from August). This month will see me in Mexico, where I absolutely love the foods, especially the breakfasts. My usually eating style will turn upside down. I am going to pack my scale with me to keep me from exploding : - )
    Friday September 2nd - 139.8 - Ugh. I was at 1200 calories with lots of calorie burn, so am just going to take this in stride as some weird sort of fluctuation.
    Saturday September 3rd - 140.1 - I had 4 wings last night (300 calories, but likely full of salt) after working a split with my other job in between. I had a whopping 22,218 steps on my pedometre at the end of the night! That worked out to a 917 calorie burn at my current weight. I had a workout in the morning before work also. Hating seeing the 140s yet again, but I dreamt of hitting 140, and achieved that in 2020 so trying to keep it in perspective, as opposed to knowing that 2 years of very hard work have seen me right back there again whilst hitting 130.6 in 2021. Not giving up, well maybe a little bit while in Mexico : - )
    Sunday September 4th - 140.9
    Monday September 5th - 141.8 - Egads
    Tuesday September 6th - 139.9 - Ate exactly the same things and had the same activities as the last 2 days. Hmm.
    Wednesday September 7th - 138.6 - Really no rhyme or reason, but I will take any loss that I can get. I would love to be 136 or less to begin my travels next week!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,814 Member
    Options
    145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 62 years old and from the Midwest USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from Aug 31): 200.0
    Goal: (Five lb Loss) 195.0
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx

******************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME****************************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

09/01-198.8-(Trend Weight 199.8)-
    09/02-198.8-(Trend Weight 199.7)-
    09/03-199.0-(Trend Weight 199.7)-
    09/04-197.8-(Trend Weight 199.4)-
    09/05-197.0-(Trend Weight 199.2)-

09/06-196.8-(Trend Weight 198.9)- I just noticed that from (basically) the start of last fall 2021 to the end of the Michigan winter in 2022, I gained 12 pounds! I CANNOT let that happen again! In fact, I am STILL NOT BACK DOWN to where I was on Sept 19 which was 187.6 . 10 more pounds to lose just to break even. How sad. On a good note, I am starting to feel my hip bones poking out. They are still in there afterall.

09/07-196.2-(Trend Weight 198.7)- I almost caved in last night when I started to experience hunger. Then I realized it was not so much hunger as it was boredom. I drank some water and hopped on that new exercise bike and (carefully since I’m not approved yet for exercise), pedaled a bit without letting my heart rate get up very high. Wow, the new bike is really quiet! I can hear the TV! Travel today to eye doctor for son & I. Dinner will be out. I like the way my weight is going down and I can report it in pink or black more consistently. I won’t ruin that today at the restaurant. Friday I go back to see the surgeon which is a longer trip. I may take my friend, her son and my son and make a day of it. Probably a whole new restaurant experience in a new city. THAT is the day I have to be strong. I think I’ll be okay today.

09/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

• deepwoodslady
    Options
    @deepwoodslady
    Yes. You, me, and @Lilylady3k are all up from this time last year. WTF?

You are completely right about restaurant food, lots of hidden sugar, fat, sodium, processed stuff.
    You always lose weight when you aren't having restaurant food.
    You have had to travel so much this year. When you were grounded at home (Covid) you lost weight.

When does your 12 weeks with the heart stuff start?

@dawnbgethealthy I still have not received the call from cardiac rehab. I assume they are trying to get the proper referrals and pre-authorizations that my insurance requires. If I don't hear from them in the next 7 days, I will call my cardiologist back and find out what is going on. This week I am just too busy with other appointments.
  • nikkit321
    Options
    Nikki
    53 years young; 5'5"
    Health challenges: breast cancer in 2016, full hysterectomy 2021, multiple leg/foot breaks (2015, 2018, 2022).

9/1/22 - 202.6 I can't wait to get this stupid boot off, but my husband is already reminding me to ease into exercise so I don't reinjure myself. Had a dexa/bone scan this morning to see if I'm dealing with osteoporosis. It's a possibility since I was on an estrogen blocking med for 5 years after the breast cancer, and I now have a history of fractures that take twice as long to heal as they should. Will be interesting to get results from that test.
    9/5/22 - 201.0 dexa scan was normal so still no real answers, perhaps I'm just a really slow healer. Will see ortho tomorrow. Fingers crossed I'm out of this lovely boot in another few weeks before I go to San Diego for work. Or else my dear friend gets to mark off another state it has traveled to with me :-) Food added to my diary for the day and for tomorrow too. Adding to my food diary really does help me stay on track mentally, but it is somewhat of a hassle so I easily break the habit.
    9/6/22 - 203.0 my own fault for the bump. My husband and I are committed starting today.
    9/7/22 - 201.0 stuck with my food plan yesterday, it really does help if I pre-log my food for the day. Today is already logged. Had a scare with my husband yesterday. He came home at noon and said he was either going to our dr, the walk-in clinic, or the ER, whichever he could get to the fastest. Numb hands, arms and legs felt 'asleep'. Clinic decided it's a pinched nerve in his neck so we're waiting for insurance to approve an MRI. Until Monday at least he's off work, he can't safely do anything there (he's a heavy machinery mechanic). And while we were there I did my over-due check on my leg fracture; another 3 weeks with my dear friend Boot and then will get out of it. Hopefully it won't go with me to San Diego at the end of the month!
    9/8/22 - 199.8 glad to not see a '2' this morning. Making chili for dinner tonight. Love fall in Indiana - cool nights and warm days. Trees haven't started to turn colors yet but the sunflower fields popped. Taking hubby to the GP today to put her in the loop. Still waiting on MRI approval. I'm almost hoping he gets worse so that we can go to the ER and force the MRI. Yes, I know, that's not the right way to look at it, but the idea of waiting around 6 weeks for a MRI and then another wait for surgery isn't pleasant; he can't work safely so could be off a really long time. Although I did have to tell him that it wasn't fair for him to break while I was still broken; this is my time to be taken care of LOL.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @nikkit321

I have seen so many HGTV shows with Indiana.
    There is a show called "Lakefront Bargain Hunt" and there have been a bunch of those centering on Indiana.
    Beautiful!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I am Dawn, I will be 62 in a few weeks.
    I joined MFP in October of 2018. I have lost weight for sure, but still have another 20-ish pounds to shed. It is slow going and sometimes very frustrating. I lost weight before, quit tracking every bite and gained 50 pounds, so I have pledged to myself to keep this tracking up forever. MFP makes that extremely easy.
    As my moniker would suggest, at this stage of my life it is all about getting healthy so that I can be active throughout my 60s and hopefully 70s. This means to me achieving a healthy body weight so that my organs and stuff are not overworked.

I think most of us have been up and down and all around. Key here is to rock it at any and every weight : - )

Thursday September 1st: 138.2 (I am using my endweight from August). This month will see me in Mexico, where I absolutely love the foods, especially the breakfasts. My usually eating style will turn upside down. I am going to pack my scale with me to keep me from exploding : - )
    Friday September 2nd - 139.8 - Ugh. I was at 1200 calories with lots of calorie burn, so am just going to take this in stride as some weird sort of fluctuation.
    Saturday September 3rd - 140.1 - I had 4 wings last night (300 calories, but likely full of salt) after working a split with my other job in between. I had a whopping 22,218 steps on my pedometre at the end of the night! That worked out to a 917 calorie burn at my current weight. I had a workout in the morning before work also. Hating seeing the 140s yet again, but I dreamt of hitting 140, and achieved that in 2020 so trying to keep it in perspective, as opposed to knowing that 2 years of very hard work have seen me right back there again whilst hitting 130.6 in 2021. Not giving up, well maybe a little bit while in Mexico : - )
    Sunday September 4th - 140.9
    Monday September 5th - 141.8 - Egads
    Tuesday September 6th - 139.9 - Ate exactly the same things and had the same activities as the last 2 days. Hmm.
    Wednesday September 7th - 138.6 - Really no rhyme or reason, but I will take any loss that I can get. I would love to be 136 or less to begin my travels next week!
    Thursday September 8th - 138.1 - I so seldom eat Pasta, but I had cooked some up and portioned it. I have been having it with fresh garlic from my garden, my own oregano, turkey meatballs (the frozen kind) and 2 tbsp of sour cream. So different than the hunk of meat with veggies that I normally eat. Like, should I be eating white processed pasta more often? I am somehow losing weight. The last portion of that will be tonight, we'll see the tale of the tape in the morning weigh in.

Start weight for the month: 138.2
    EW:
  • lou2you2
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I have fallen off the wagon of caring for myself. I am really looking for some accountability in my goals.

I am at the heaviest I have been at ~228 lbs with a 5'3" frame. I would really like to get back to the 170-ish pound range, that is when I felt the healthiest.

Goals this month are going to be small, I might add more in a couple of weeks but I need to ease my way back in as to not over do it causing me to not come back.

*Weigh-in every Monday morning
    *2-3 lbs loss a week
    *calorie intake 1500-1700 calories a day
    *20 mins a day of me time (it can be doing nothing just need some me time)
    *limit alcohol intake
    *10,000 steps a day

Day one for me is Sept 6.

9/06: Had a great day, over ate my calories but didn't have any alcohol, had 13,202 steps! B) Laundry of all things was my 20 mins of me time, it gave me the time to watch a show I wanted to watch and just wind down.
    9/07:Weighed in this morning at 231 :( Finished the day off strong last night, I was a little low on my calories, but still in range. I took a 30 minute walk during my lunch, it was great but I wore the wrong socks an now am nursing some blisters. It's amazing how much I feel better in the morning when I have not drank the night before.
    9/8--232.1--this was after I ate as I forgot to weigh in this morning.
  • lou2you2
    Options
    @nikkit321 congrats on not seeing a 2 that is amazing!!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 62 years old and from the Midwest USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from Aug 31): 200.0
    Goal: (Five lb Loss) 195.0
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx

******************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME****************************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

09/01-198.8-(Trend Weight 199.8)-
    09/02-198.8-(Trend Weight 199.7)-
    09/03-199.0-(Trend Weight 199.7)-
    09/04-197.8-(Trend Weight 199.4)-
    09/05-197.0-(Trend Weight 199.2)-
    09/06-196.8-(Trend Weight 198.9)-

09/07-196.2-(Trend Weight 198.7)- I almost caved in last night when I started to experience hunger. Then I realized it was not so much hunger as it was boredom. I drank some water and hopped on that new exercise bike and (carefully since I’m not approved yet for exercise), pedaled a bit without letting my heart rate get up very high. Wow, the new bike is really quiet! I can hear the TV! Travel today to eye doctor for son & I. Dinner will be out. I like the way my weight is going down and I can report it in pink or black more consistently. I won’t ruin that today at the restaurant. Friday I go back to see the surgeon which is a longer trip. I may take my friend, her son and my son and make a day of it. Probably a whole new restaurant experience in a new city. THAT is the day I have to be strong. I think I’ll be okay today.

09/08-197.6-(Trend Weight 198.6)- Up from travel and lack of movement. I actually did very well during the travel meal. I even stopped at a roadside park and walked for about 15 minutes on a walking path around a creek after eating very reasonable choices in very nice controlled quantities. However, there is still an awful lot of sitting during a doctor appointment and also in car travel. I also ate 3 meals yesterday instead of two. While reasonable, it still put me over calorie and carb limits. Travel again tomorrow. Much further this time to see the surgeon.

09/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
    09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

• ashleycarole86
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Name: Ashley
    Height: 5'9"
    Start Weight: 293 (1/28/21)

Sep Start Weight: 163
    Sep Goal Weight: Maintenance range (160-165)

Sep 1 - 163
    Sep 2 - 163.8
    Sep 3 - 162.8
    Sep 4 - 166.2
    Sep 5 - 166
    Sep 6 - 165.6
    Sep 7 - 165.2
    Sep 8 - 167

Week 1 gain: 4
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    c5voc0vmq4e7.png

I snapped this at my daughter's wedding over the weekend. The only one missing is my DGS Owen. Oh, where is he NOW? lol