Lietchi wrote: »
    For what goal?
    For weight management: calories.

Yes for calories I consume routinely
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,068 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    For weight loss, it's all about calories.

When I was in weight loss mode I ate lower (not low-low, just lower) carb and higher fat just by default because I learned that too many carbs made me binge and fats did not.

Try to hit your protein, that's important.
  • BilalAnjum
    BilalAnjum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For what goal?

For example "I logged breakfast and my Nutrients start alarming that I'm over budget of sugar portion. But i only consume 250 calories. So my question is whether i keep an eye on food calories or o also keep checking about Nutrients too.
  • BilalAnjum
    Options

When I was in weight loss mode I ate lower (not low-low, just lower) carb and higher fat just by default because I learned that too many carbs made me binge and fats did not.

Ohh 😯😯 I seriously don't know about this fact 😳😳
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,068 Member
    Options

Ohh 😯😯 I seriously don't know about this fact 😳😳

What? About protein?

Thing is, at your current goal of 1500 calories you really have very little room for much food at all.

I personally think you have started way too low on calories, and should re-set yourself at "Lose 1 pound per week," until you get your body used to lowered food intake. Going hard and trying to stay at 1500 is likely to make you give up.

Protein is very important, especially on low-calories. Plan for it, it is THE most important. You don't need sugar, you do need protein. Second would be fat. You need fat.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    For what goal?

For example "I logged breakfast and my Nutrients start alarming that I'm over budget of sugar portion. But i only consume 250 calories. So my question is whether i keep an eye on food calories or o also keep checking about Nutrients too.

What are you eating that you are over your sugar goal with only 250 calories?

Weight loss is determined by your calorie consumption. Nutrients are something to focus on for health and satiation.
    A high sugar breakfast is probably not very satiating, and probably not very nutritious unless they are sugars from fruit for example.

I would say: focus on calories first, secondly macronutrients (especially protein to preserve muscle mass and for many it helps for satiation as well).

I don't pay attention to my sugar intake at all: I'm not (pre)diabetic and I know a lot of it is from fruit/vegetables anyway. I lost weight just fine.
  • BilalAnjum
    Options
    For what goal?

I drink pomegranate juice in breakfast
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    For what goal?

I drink pomegranate juice in breakfast

Okay... Why? Personally, fruit juice is just empty calories to me since it doesn't fill me up at all. Also, 250 calories of pomegranate juice is about half a liter of juice? Sounds like a strange breakfast choice on a limited calorie budget. I'd definitely look for an alternative breakfast with more protein, preferably not liquid as well.

'technically' what you're doing is fine for weight loss, but probably not good for keeping you satiated and not enough protein if you want to protect your muscle mass.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    lol pomegranate juice. i dont even remember the last time i drank fruit juice, maybe middle school or some sh**